DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Sorry can't do that. You're new to this gossip stuff aren't you ;) if you'd been here 12 months ago you'd have torn your hair out. (Assuming you have some)

Fast sectors, more jumps, Makinen's EVO V and Gronholm's Focus WRC in the next Finland update! Finnish pack by all means. 

Evo in Group A, yes, but I can't see the Focus WRC being in the next pack; it would be in a class all by its own; surely the 2000s class will come in the Modern Masters pack, which would make more sense to have one version of the Focus in?

Although it would fit the Modern Pack more, I'm starting to think the second car in the Finnish pack could be the Polo.

But according to the timeline, the description says "We head to Finland for some of the fastest sections of road in rally with two legendary cars from two legendary drivers to go with it." 

What is then the second car alongside the EVO V? It might be Gronholm's Focus or CM's Focus. 

https://instagram.com/p/57jNpmnF7V/ 

Gronholm's probably?

Noticed theres a 'Trailblazer' folder contained within the car/models directory, not sure if this was there before?

Now the frontpage has an extra Ford license with Castrol,Bp and M-Sport.So I think a Focus of 06 or 07 is most probable.

TanHammer said:
Noticed theres a 'Trailblazer' folder contained within the car/models directory, not sure if this was there before?
Good spot, but Windows Explorer says "date modified: 29/06" so apparently it came with the Tarmac Terrors update

You guys are proper Gossip investigators! :D 

Back in the old days I just made stuff up :D 

I'm liking these hints towards the Mitsubishi EVO and Ford Focus WRC. They would be rather special vehicles to take to Finland :)

You guys are proper Gossip investigators! :D 

Back in the old days I just made stuff up :D 

I'm liking these hints towards the Mitsubishi EVO and Ford Focus WRC. They would be rather special vehicles to take to Finland :)
Yeah, but now we've got clues to go on!

You know Codies better than I; would you see a Ford Focus being in the Finnish pack in its own class?

I'd have thought the modern pack would contain more modern cars, like some from the current wrc crop?
See what you mean, but there's a new class to be added in that pack apparently, and looking at the maths, there will likely be at least 4 or 5 cars in that pack, so they couldn't all be current WRCs. Looking at the timeline, I would guess that's for 2000s cars, but I suppose it could be 2015 or R5. Wouldn't complain if it was S2000s either.

I'm not convinced. The focus is certainly a memorable car, but an iconic rally car? I'm not so sure...

tbtstt said:
I'm not convinced. The focus is certainly a memorable car, but an iconic rally car? I'm not so sure...
Isn't McRae's Focus iconic?

tbtstt said:
Isn't McRae's Focus iconic?
Apologies, I wasn't clear with my response there: the video clip that was referenced earlier included the Mk.2 shape Focus. That is the generation of Focus I wouldn't deem as iconic. 

The Mk.1 shape Focus (as used by Colin McRae) is most definitely an iconic rally car! 

tbtstt said:
That too. The quote was 'two legendary cars of two legendary drivers' I believe. I don't know if the Focus would count, but its drivers surely would. Likewise with Loeb and the DS3, Rohl and the Ascona. Might be fixating too much on the wording, but I believe the two cars must have been decided upon before the timeline was written, but I'm annoyed with myself that I can't work it out!

tbtstt said:
That too. The quote was 'two legendary cars of two legendary drivers' I believe. I don't know if the Focus would count, but its drivers surely would. Likewise with Loeb and the DS3, Rohl and the Ascona. Might be fixating too much on the wording, but I believe the two cars must have been decided upon before the timeline was written, but I'm annoyed with myself that I can't work it out!

Ok I can't just read all this and hold back speculation too.  Now I am somewhat joking, but in a wee way it makes a little sense.  

Here goes:

iconic drivers.  McRae (almost a given) i mentioned this back over a year ago and read into it by Codie's 'actions' that it is possible McCrae family as time has passed is willing to work with Codie's again.  So HIS Focus would be a natural fit.

Second one. Is maybe for laughs but would iconic/ironic/and special all at the same time.

Richard Burns and his Subaru.

This would really stick it to all those whiners, sort of.

TanHammer said:
Good spot, but Windows Explorer says "date modified: 29/06" so apparently it came with the Tarmac Terrors update
There's also a "simplefonts" folder. First read that as "simpletons".
Maybe its a ploy to throw us off guessing by the folders  :o