DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Azoresst said:
Wait, what? Zero cars? What it could be? :open_mouth: 
  Staggered starts return from DiRT 2 and 3? That'll be awesome.

TPJP said:
Azoresst said:
Wait, what? Zero cars? What it could be? :open_mouth: 
  Staggered starts return from DiRT 2 and 3? That'll be awesome.

That would be amazing if they added that with the PVP pack for the rally stages so you can do real time events with your friends.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
It's Monday morning and I'm totally not jealous of those of you who got to spend the weekend playing the rallycross. 

Sort of on topic, who watched the Canadian round of the World Rallycross Championship?
Unfortunately I didn't catch anything. Will hopefully make up for it when they get to Hell (<LOL)
Worth watching the finals (you should be able to replay the livestream). Some unusually unsportsman like behavior from Petter in the semi...

I couldn't quite believe Petter's view on the incident... It was clear he turned in on Hansen.. No doubt about it...

Anyways, back to the Gossip. There's one bit from the Kick It with the oh so pretty @KickUp section, which sounds intriguing:

'Last up I’ve been brushing up on my rally theory for a bit of a feature I’m working on. More on that in the coming weeks but it’s starting to come together rather nicely. '

What could this be?
A rally school?
Probably better pace notes ;)

Didzis said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
It's Monday morning and I'm totally not jealous of those of you who got to spend the weekend playing the rallycross. 

Sort of on topic, who watched the Canadian round of the World Rallycross Championship?
Unfortunately I didn't catch anything. Will hopefully make up for it when they get to Hell (<LOL)
Worth watching the finals (you should be able to replay the livestream). Some unusually unsportsman like behavior from Petter in the semi...
I watched the replay of the livestream. Kinda bumed down to what happened to Nitiss. He could have made it in the finals
Yeah, I agree. It wasn't his fault and he had nowhere to go except straight into the wall. Good result for Bakkerud; he has now taken second in the Championship. Unusually Kristoffersson just didn't seem on the pace. Second to fourth look pretty tight in the Championship standings now and Petter doesn't have an unassailable lead yet, the second half of the Championship could be very close!

I assumed zero cars as in the course opening cars when I first read it, although it could also mean 2000's, which would probably be a more useful feature, as zero cars although cool wouldn't add loads to the game 

I assumed zero cars as in the course opening cars when I first read it, although it could also mean 2000's, which would probably be a more useful feature, as zero cars although cool wouldn't add loads to the game 
Yeah. Zero car implies course car to me as well but, like you say, I can't really see those adding anything to the game?

Anyone been over to the F1 forum lately? That place is cray cray! I feel sorry for @LiteralZero & @justbiglee having to deal with those guys, when the problems are through no fault of their own (and they work in a different studio!)

Anyone been over to the F1 forum lately? That place is cray cray! I feel sorry for @LiteralZero & @justbiglee having to deal with those guys, when the problems are through no fault of their own (and they work in a different studio!)

Trouble is that it's just @justbiglee from the Community Managers crew... @LiteralZero was seemingly asked to leave two weeks or so ago...
There's just no way to Lee can recover the CM-community relations if the F1 2015 doesn't get better...
Or unless patches stop introducing new game-breaking bugs...

Whichever article about F1 2015 I read there's always a line: 'Hard to believe this game is from the same company which made DiRT Rally'.

It's a bit like a beauty and a beast... Or maybe not, but it's a big contrast and I wouldn't blame Lee if he just can't find the motivation to hash out the fires on the F1 side... :/

It's just dawning on me that we're well and truly past the halfway point...
0.6 - the RX update
0.7 - RX expansion and PvP
0.8 - Finland
0.9 - Sweden
1.0 - BOOOOOOM!

And what next?

Havnt read much into F1 but it's a shame if it's bringing down any of the hard work Lee and the Southam studio have done

macebig said:
@LiteralZero is no longer working for Codemasters.
Didn't he just start about 6 months ago?

You know what I believe?Some high-up waked up one morning,took a look around the F1 forum and demanded someones head for what is being written there.Unfortunately,Literal Zero was first inline as the community manager and soon afterwards his head was on plate infront of CMs executives.

tbtstt said:
Yeah. Zero car implies course car to me as well but, like you say, I can't really see those adding anything to the game?
Also thought that as well, now it makes more sense that it could be the 2000's cars.

TPJP said:
tbtstt said:
Also thought that as well, now it makes more sense that it could be the 2000's cars.

Definitely. And it was one of the few times in rallying when more than 2 or 3 teams were able to win outright. So it's a must, in my opinion.

TPJP said:
tbtstt said:

Definitely. And it was one of the few times in rallying when more than 2 or 3 teams were able to win outright. So it's a must, in my opinion.

TPJP said:
tbtstt said:

And it should. The years from 1999 to 2003 were one of the few times in Rally history, when actually more than 2 or 3 teams were fighting to win outright.

TPJP said:
tbtstt said:

What? :P

It took me way too long to work out what was going on here.

I'd like the earlier WRC cars, but I'd much prefer the current cars. If we get both then even better!

In the prior games we got a couple of versions of the same car, like a trail blazer version (really was a hill climb setup) a gymkhana version (some were really WRC looking cars, I think the Subaru was one).  I've never taken the time to really examin all of this but don't the WRX bodys share a lot with WRC versions?  Small tweaks could be made to the body's to fit proper stage rally versions.  

I I know it probably ends up in STUPID license issues as seems to end up with everything in this game (not Codie's fault).  Maybe they have some leeway?   

But it this is just Gossip and some wishful thinking.