DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I’m not strong mate 🙂 I only have memorized all the corners and major aspects of every stage/track...you only need practice ^^

Bella vez ! Si si la pratica e' l'unica via. Quando ho cominciato facevo pena ora miglioro sempre di piu'. Il mio problema principale e' il tempo .. tra lavoro, cinna, donna e sgobbo non mi resta moltissimo tempo .. ma appena posso sono li a tirarci di brutto 😄

• Like 1

Patch notes for v1.10 is out:

This will be a big update with 3x locations.

Also note about the next update: December 10th. A bit longer than normal. I guess it is because the way Season 4 content is being released.

🏆 New achievements
✔️ Fixes for Abu Dhabi RX and other locations
🔥 Exhaust flames for the 206
🔊 Updated exhaust audio for the Kitcar Golf
... And more

• Like 2

image.png

Can you survive the night? Here's a little thing for Halloween 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Bella vez ! Si si la pratica e' l'unica via. Quando ho cominciato facevo pena ora miglioro sempre di piu'. Il mio problema principale e' il tempo .. tra lavoro, cinna, donna e sgobbo non mi resta moltissimo tempo .. ma appena posso sono li a tirarci di brutto 😄

Eheh vecchio i 2 peggiori nemici per un gamer: lavoro / fidanzata-moglie+figli...io la mia l’ho mandata a fareinculonia quindi lavoro a parte riesco a giocare:) 

• Haha 1

1.10 notes seem a little skinny, considering the amount of bugs that still persist that get reported after every update. 😞

Maybe a list of known issues would be nice, so people don't have to report them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Added ability to disable post-Stage comments at Finish Line.

Although there's no 'added more variety to service schedules and times of day in Career mode' (v1.11?? 😉), I must say thanks for continuing to improve the great game and I can't wait for Finland - the quoted one is really very much appreciated, very much a 'for the fans' QOL improvement!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

1.10 notes seem a little skinny, considering the amount of bugs that still persist that get reported after every update. 😞

Maybe a list of known issues would be nice, so people don't have to report them anymore.

We have a list, it’s pretty comprehensive. Bug tickets get attached to it, assigned severity, and we discuss progress every week.

It’s not the kind of thing we’re planning to share however, but we do keep an eye on things 😉 

Also, bear in mind that there’s a hefty number of Locations in the next update, and they’re a big task.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We have a list, it’s pretty comprehensive. Bug tickets get attached to it, assigned severity, and we discuss progress every week.

It’s not the kind of thing we’re planning to share however, but we do keep an eye on things 😉 

Also, bear in mind that there’s a hefty number of Locations in the next update, and they’re a big task.

Can ye look into the gear change animation of the 206 and fabia 2000’s cars? Both cars should not be reaching down off the wheel to change gear, add it to the list please😉

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

It would be very nice if there was a patch for the German co-pilot: she speaks a mix of English and German, and at the DLC Rallys she often does not speak a preview and at the end of many rallies the voice changes from female to male

12 hours ago, PJTierney said:

not useful for us, fair enough.

But why we cannot get answer about particular issues directly asking for it?

15 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

not useful for us, fair enough.

But why we cannot get answer about particular issues directly asking for it?

Probably because it's not locked down and if they say "we are trying to find a solution for.." it will quickly evolve to "Codemasters promised" within the community. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

But if question is about particular issue getting fixed in incoming patch (aka possibly hidden under "other fixes"), then it doesn't match your worries.

On the other hand why should I (or you) care about CM so much? They are selling broken product. Their responsibility should be to inform about fixes as much as customer demands)

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

But if question is about particular issue getting fixed in incoming patch (aka possibly hidden under "other fixes"), then it doesn't match your worries.

On the other hand why should I (or you) care about CM so much? They are selling broken product. Their responsibility should be to inform about fixes as much as customer demands)

i asked pjtierney if color banding was fixed in the upcoming patch and if it was "hidden" in the "minor bug fixes" and he said that issues that been reported by the community usually get a line in the patch notes when they fixed.

minor bug fixes is just that as i understand it - like weird trees in his example and nothing really that affect most users because we dont notice it or at least it doesnt bother us enough to report it.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1

@somethingthing thanks for the info. So it means that after 3/4 of a year after release they still cannot manage to deliver functional steering wheel ratio... in simulation 😞

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

"Added ability to disable post-Stage comments at Finish Line."

Phil Mills is a great co-driver, but I am bored of his post-race lines! 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Discord people were writing their own last night 😄 

Phil: "That was tough, maybe I should drive the next Stage" 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I like them in part because they're cheesy and a bit silly 😄 I suspect the game will feel just that little bit emptier if they're turned off.

34 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Discord people were writing their own last night 😄 

Phil: "That was tough, maybe I should drive the next Stage" 😄 

I know DR2 is a serious title as it should be, but now and then a 'wild line' could be added when you crash or when you crawl across the finish.  Much in the same way an animal or runs across the road.  

37 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

I like them in part because they're cheesy and a bit silly 😄 I suspect the game will feel just that little bit emptier if they're turned off.

I hope the tires are OK! 😄

6 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

I hope the tires are OK! 😄

While you happy that the car could even pass the finish line because of all the damage

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

I might end up turning them back on later, but I'll definitely be taking a break when the option appears!

• Agree 3

Thank goodness we can turn off those repetitive post stage comments. They drive me absolutely bonkers!

1 hour ago, caerphoto said:

I would like them if they have been more diverse (more recordings) and matched current situation. They are not silly, they are just not connected to what happens with a car (besides if you finishes 1st).

Also in my opinion are over-acted. Sounds artificial, doesn't feel natural too me.
No pure enthusiasm when winning stage, careless when asking for tires etc.

But on the other hand I like his voice when reading pacenotes. I can understand and react on his commands without focusing on his voice.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1