DiRTy Gossip 😉

https://discord.gg/YgR4zm7 

Right now they're on a naval expedition to Finland:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

geographical Faroe Island belongs to : Denmark ! and Aland Island to Finnland !

The Scandinavian countries are : Denmark,Norway,Sweden,Finnland and Iceland

No.
GEOgraphical the Faroes belong remotely to the British Isle complex.
As the Video above stated already, it's different as soon as you use a slightly different word.

Scandinavian Countries as in culture: Norway, Sweden & Denmark (and derivates in Faroe, Aland, Iceland)
Scandinavian as in on the Peninsula: Sweden, Norway and a tiny bit of Finland.
Nordic countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark (Faroe, Greenland) and Finland (Aland). And Estonia sometimes wants to be too.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

Nordic countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark (Faroe, Greenland) and Finland (Aland). And Estonia sometimes wants to be too.

Iceland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlexSpartan316 said:

Very fearless and aggressive driving! I’m proud of you mate

Thanks !!! This game is so cool 🙂

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

Iceland

Oh yes, I forgot the most beautiful of them all

What about this awesome track from Nitro ? It would be so NICE to have with the mega jump @PJTierney 🙂

"This is the best rallycross track in the whole world !" (Kevin Hansen) 

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I had to post something but I forgot what. (I blame Captain Morgan)

Maybe that is good excuse to post my new vid. At least I kept it between the ditches this time. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

And I have something else looking at that thumbnail :classic_love:

Haha. :classic_laugh:

She looks almost as same as my sister. :classic_ninja:

Its annoying that the screenshots of Finland you keep pushing out on Twitter looks so good and in the game its a super annoying fog, all the time! Why dont you have fog in the promotional screenshots if you seriously think it looks good?

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

13 hours ago, SkyRex said:

No.
GEOgraphical the Faroes belong remotely to the British Isle complex.
As the Video above stated already, it's different as soon as you use a slightly different word.

Scandinavian Countries as in culture: Norway, Sweden & Denmark (and derivates in Faroe, Aland, Iceland)
Scandinavian as in on the Peninsula: Sweden, Norway and a tiny bit of Finland.

That was rather more interesting than I thought it would be, but the biggest question still remains unanswered:

Are Finnish drivers then allowed to properly execute a Scandinavian Flick? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Its annoying that the screenshots of Finland you keep pushing out on Twitter looks so good and in the game its a super annoying fog, all the time! Why dont you have fog in the promotional screenshots if you seriously think it looks good?

To me what hurts the most are the stages with heavy rain or heavy snow. Visibility is way too low making it literally impossible to race properly. In VR it is almost impossible to drive in a decent way with the cockpit view. The most annoying thing of all the game really. As it is not enough the AI seems to be completely indifferent to the weather situation. Their times dont change basically (tell me please if you have experienced the same thing). Codemasters really has to fix this at a certain point. They have to curb the intensity of the weather it is too much, at least in VR !

Edited by koog2003

Hmm I cannot complain for heavy rain. But I saw reports when the rain animation looks ridiculous. looks like some gfx issue appearing for some users only.

Also heavy snow not always mean hyper-limited visibility. I saw locations where heavy-snow means thick fog (you can find my report created recently with video) but otherwise it's pretty ok. I would say heavy snow is not as heavy as in DR2 regarding snowing itself

4 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Hmm I cannot complain for heavy rain. But I saw reports when the rain animation looks ridiculous. looks like some gfx issue appearing for some users only.

Also heavy snow not always mean hyper-limited visibility. I saw locations where heavy-snow means thick fog (you can find my report created recently with video) but otherwise it's pretty ok. I would say heavy snow is not as heavy as in DR2 regarding snowing itself

I dont know man many times with heavy rain and heavy snow I can barely see the track. This happens in rallies but also of course in rallycross. So annoying that I have to change view because I really cannot see anything from the cockpit. I am playing in VR. The worst is that the AI seems to be totally indifferent to weather conditions. Their times dont change clear or heavy rain doesnt really make a difference for it.

Edited by koog2003

@MaXyMsrpl btw is the Arctic Accellero Extreme making a real difference in cooling down your GTX 1080 ti ? I mean is it really worth it to have extra air/water cooling when the cooling of the video card itself is already pretty good ? 

Edited by koog2003

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

I dont know man many times with heavy rain and heavy snow I can barely see the track. This happens in rallies but also of course in rallycross. So annoying that I have to change view because I really cannot see anything from the cockpit. I am playing in VR. The worst is that the AI seems to be totally indifferent to weather conditions. Their times dont change clear or heavy rain doesnt really make a difference for it.

Below the video from my attempt in Argentina.
Here are few more locations from Masters tier in Focus01 (New Zealand is uploading) There are more locations with rainy weather but not as much rainy as in video below.
Does it look like on your end?

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

btw is the Arctic Accellero Extreme making a real difference in cooling down your GTX 1080 ti ? I mean is it really worth it to have extra air/water cooling when the cooling of the video card itself is already pretty good ? 

TBH I don't know 🙂 I've bought the cooler almost at the same time. As far as I remember I bought it to limit a noise level generated by factory cooler. Also for potential OC. I can give you temperatures while driving DR2 if you want.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, toninus said:

Killarney screenshot ?

DR2_Location_SouthAfricaRX_1.jpg

That is a nice looking promotional shot. Imagine what a disappointment it would be if the actual game looked like this

DR2_Location_SouthAfricaRX_1.thumb.jpg.2f0c4bdc8926695829e631bc758dbd05.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I don't know who he is, but he's less annoying than Forrest or whatever that usually narrates. What's wrong with him?

Well as you've asked @JZStudios, I'll tell you...

My dislike for Neil Cole started over a decade ago when Dave (that's a TV channel we have here in the UK) started showing coverage of the WRC. The coverage of the WRC was hosted by two presenters, one of whom was Neil Cole. At that time I found his presenting style stilted and he didn't seem to have any real understanding - or passion - for what he was commenting on. I found it rather frustrating that, when they were many better rally presenters available in the UK, they were using him..

...fast forward a decade and he continues to get presenting jobs - many of which involve motorsport and most recently the World Rallycross - yet his delivery is still as unenthusiastic - and he is seemingly as uninformed - as he was all those years ago.  Compare him to Ed Leigh (who did the WRC coverage back in the day) or Andrew Coley (who does the World Rallycross) and you'll see what I mean: two presenters who clearly have enthusiasm and passion for what they are doing. 

NB: Fun Neil Cole story for you: I was fortunate enough to be at the DiRT 3 launch event at Battersea power station a few years ago and, after watching the launch, I settled down to get my hands on the game for the first time and who decided to sit down next at the console next to me?...

...Neil ******* Cole, that's who. I then had to endure 10 minutes of him re-doing a 30 second piece to the camera and spouting utter nonsense. I contemplated hitting him with the controller I had in my hands on more than one occasion, but I was aware that a camera was rolling and that it was a waste of a good controller. 

15 hours ago, koog2003 said:

What about this awesome track from Nitro ? It would be so NICE to have with the mega jump @PJTierney 🙂

"This is the best rallycross track in the whole world !" (Kevin Hansen) 

I think the sun got to Kevin: he clearly thought he was in Holjes when he made that comment @koog2003:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1