DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

7 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

New roadbook is out.
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/11/the-dirt-roadbook-november-15-2019/

Season 4 DLC cars release have shuffled a bit. 

Original
image.png.c21005a58e6d9490ee527a8882415665.png

Now
image.png.faf5e6aca6f8d3e7b68eb390f006e028.png

Maybe this could confirm my theory about the Projekt E car might come after season 4 (which outside look similar as the RXS Evo 5 from STARD).
Also I think the development time for the Clio takes a bit more time that the Fiesta which could use parts from the OMSE MK8. 

Which new car you guys looking forward the most?

I am looking forward to seeing the Ibiza make a return, playing round with the new Fiesta variants and seeing if the DR2.0 version of the Clio RX RX is more reliable than the real life version...

...though I am very glad to see the S1 moved to the front of the release queue now: it's easily my most used 2018 Supercar thus far! 

6 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Why they release again the eks s1 Quattro? The car Bakkerud and Doran used this season it’s the same as the 2018 evo...right?

I think that the cars that will arrive are versions evolve

4 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Why they release again the eks s1 Quattro? The car Bakkerud and Doran used this season it’s the same as the 2018 evo...right?

Minor refinements were made to the cars in the off season, same for the MJP Peugeot 208's (which were the cars that Peugeot-Hansen used in the first part of the 2018 season). 

I could be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time!), but kind of makes sense for CM to lead with those two as they are the two cars that fought for the title this year: I'd expect those two to be among the quickest in the class (though hopefully not so quick that they render the rest of the cars pointless). 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Minor refinements were made to the cars in the off season, same for the MJP Peugeot 208's (which were the cars that Peugeot-Hansen used in the first part of the 2018 season). 

I could be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time!), but kind of makes sense for CM to lead with those two as they are the two cars that fought for the title this year: I'd expect those two to be among the quickest in the class (though hopefully not so quick that they render the rest of the cars pointless). 

I have followed Andreas vLog all season and pre season...but I don’t remember him talking about change or evolutions in the car 😕 ...but I remember very well that he always say that he was always out of money as a team 😂

1 minute ago, gk9147 said:

maybe the wRX cars have new category for evolve versions ?

I believe @PJTierney has already confirmed there will be a separate class for the 2019 Supercars? 

The S1 Supercar that is already in DR2.0 is the "evolution" version (built by Audi Sport). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

maybe the wRX cars have new category for evolve versions ?

Surely the 2019 cars will be in a separate class from 2018 cars. Would make no sense otherwise

edit: ninja'd

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I have followed Andreas vLog all season and pre season...but I don’t remember him talking about change or evolutions in the car 😕 ...but I remember very well that he always say that he was always out of money as a team 😂

Sure EKS discussed about further refining the car during the 2018/2019 off-season period. I don't believe they were radically changed, just tweaked.

Don't forget that Bakkerud/RX Cartel were just hiring the cars from EKS, they don't own them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Here you go, official press release from EKS before the 2019 season kicked off:

https://www.eksrx.com/news/news-from-the-source/

"On the entry list are three drivers that will drive the Audi S1 EKSRX quattro which EKS Audi Sport drove successfully during the 2018. These cars have gotten some updates, rebuild and is ready to race again and hopefully to continue the success story of the Audi S1."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Here you go, official press release from EKS before the 2019 season kicked off:

https://www.eksrx.com/news/news-from-the-source/

"On the entry list are three drivers that will drive the Audi S1 EKSRX quattro which EKS Audi Sport drove successfully during the 2018. These cars have gotten some updates, rebuild and is ready to race again and hopefully to continue the success story of the Audi S1."

Yes @tbtstt I agree with that,the cars have received some technical updates,but regard the body/aero and the overall esthetic it’s the same car...my question is why Codies even bother to release it again? There must be something else for sure

edit: maybe they are going to erease the old 208 , s1 and Megan’s and reorganize all the new updated cars in new classes

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1

How are the new cars different from the old ones? Because it looks like the same cars again to me 😄 I understand we'll get Mini, for instance. But in rally, every new car is different. Is it the same with those?

Edit: I saw some old version of the forum so I probably have my answers now.

Edited by Johnnnn

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Which new car you guys looking forward the most?

The Mini and the Clio. Just for making justice and win one race with them. :classic_blush:

And the Audi with the Bakkerud livery just to drop off Timmy Hansen correctly in the wall of the Killarney track. Just saying. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I believe @PJTierney has already confirmed there will be a separate class for the 2019 Supercars? 

There is an "RX Supercars (2018)" and "RX Supercars (2019)" distinction planned.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There is an "RX Supercars (2018)" and "RX Supercars (2019)" distinction planned.

Pretty please @PJTierney you can explain why you are about to release the eks Audi s1 again? It’s not the same car? (2019 is identical to the 2018 evo...)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Now
image.png.faf5e6aca6f8d3e7b68eb390f006e028.png

do you guys know what the different Fiestas are? after a bit of googling I think I've got it...

• the RXS Evo 5 is the Mk8 that Baumanis used all year and Try/Paasonen/Kalliokoski got from round 4. All for Stard.
  • the Stard one therefore is the Mk7 that Paasonen and Try used the first three rounds?
  • that leaves the Rallycross Mk8, which is presumably what OMSE ran for the Eriksson brothers in Holjes?

imo if this is the case, it's a little much... 3/9 being the same vehicle? I don't feel like we really need the Mk7... 

I was also going to ask if we were going to get the Heikkinen and Nitiss liveries for the i20. and then i remembered :'(

hopefully the Backiuska livery for the Megane? (I realise the car was slightly different from Marklund/Chicherit's 2019 vehicles)

hopefully we'll get the Skoda at some point. Abbring showed it was quick.

3 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Pretty please @PJTierney you can explain why you are about to release the eks Audi s1 again? It’s not the same car? (2019 is identical to the 2018 evo...)

they want to have all the 2019 versions of the 2018 cars so they can go against the RX cars that were new for 2019. 

also, money.

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

not sure how I feel about this. I'd like to be able to race them separately. but I'd also like to be able to race them together if I want...

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mats27 said:

The uphill section with the small jump is my favourite section, also turn 1.

For some reason I found the turn 1 to be actually really difficult. I spun out really often there. It's really easy to drive little bit too fast into that corner.

You can see really well here how the suspension acts in that corner.

ryllaysla082.jpg

ryllaysla083.jpg

That's me in my bmw (#221)

4 hours ago, bogani said:

I remember the Mike Chen/Hirvonen clip when doing Folkrace in Finland. It seemed like they only used standard worn out road tires? What's the rules say about tires in Finland? Here we use competition tires, heck we can use WRC spec Michelin's if we want :classic_tongue:

We use soft road tires, as racing tires are not allowed. And because the tires are usually cheap and soft, they look quite worn out rather quickly. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Imagine a Folkrace dlc for DR 2.0 ...that would be awesome 🤔

Sometimes, it's already a Folkrace when you run an online RX race, I have to say. 😀

Edited by JamesMcAdam

52 minutes ago, ianism said:
  1. the RXS Evo 5 is the Mk8 that Baumanis used all year and Try/Paasonen/Kalliokoski got from round 4. All for Stard.
  2. the Stard one therefore is the Mk7 that Paasonen and Try used the first three rounds?
  3. that leaves the Rallycross Mk8, which is presumably what OMSE ran for the Eriksson brothers in Holjes?

That'd be my guess too 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

2018 vs 2019

you can spot any difference?

7BA13E12-E99B-4633-A4FE-4B87AA9D4ED8.jpeg

16486A16-1F93-4F9B-8BFA-8EDC37FBE68F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Johnnnn said:

How are the new cars different from the old ones? Because it looks like the same cars again to me.

I understood the 2019 S1 refinements to be mechanical, not cosmetic. The proof will be in the lap times: the 2019 S1 should be marginally quicker, ditto for the 208!

54 minutes ago, ianism said:

do you guys know what the different Fiestas are? after a bit of googling I think I've got it...

• the RXS Evo 5 is the Mk8 that Baumanis used all year and Try/Paasonen/Kalliokoski got from round 4. All for Stard.
  • the Stard one therefore is the Mk7 that Paasonen and Try used the first three rounds?
  • that leaves the Rallycross Mk8, which is presumably what OMSE ran for the Eriksson brothers in Holjes?

imo if this is the case, it's a little much... 3/9 being the same vehicle? I don't feel like we really need the Mk7... 

Yeah, I guess the quantity of Fiestas is a bit much though, as a dedicated rallycross fan, I think it is great to see the distinction between the cars on the grid...

...I appreciate the number of players who are likely to appreciate such specific detail is pretty small though! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

The stard mk7 it’s awesome and is the most evolved version ,almost no one in world rx use the old Omse anymore...honestly in the game I was expecting that version of the mk7 (the wider body one used by baumanis in 2018) the actual fiesta version in the game it’s wrong with the 2018 stard liveries...

this is the correct 2018 wrx season fiesta

3BFCE907-AE6E-46B2-9731-183014F888E5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2