DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

15 minutes ago, ianism said:

uh, we didn't though, did we? 😛

chimps are a different branch of the tree, so we just have a recentish common ancestor with them

You are very wrong Sir. We are on the same branch with Chimps and Bonobos. We come directly from them: 

image.png.8131271586facd83403240e2dd1dd1b3.png

Timmy and Kevin Hansen (2000 bc):

image.png.7977d6d17eec3e61d3dc8fc7f5e59dea.png

Edited by koog2003
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

The question is : are you single ? :classic_ninja:

Is that a proposal?! 😮 damn guys,i’m So happy for you...love is a beautiful thing ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Looking at this picture, it reminds me that the rallycross track before Christ were full of concrete walls of concrete tires.

It would have helped Bakkerud if we still were before Christ. 🤡

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Is that a proposal?! 😮 damn guys,i’m So happy for you...love is a beautiful thing ❤️

Nope, I was just thinking about my wife's head and my relationship if I was 100% achievement everywhere. 

More seriously, well done PJ, it is just insane to be 100% like this 🏋️‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

That image tho is not very realistic...non of them is crying lol

ok...I’m sorry...

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

You must really love achievement hunting if you consciously decide to subject yourself to the torture of driving 66 km in the ds21 O.O

If there were a ton of trophies I was missing I'd be less fussed, but having just one outstanding was annoying me! 

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

You are very wrong Sir. We are on the same branch with Chimps and Bonobos. We come directly from them:

Inkedimage.png.8131271586facd83403240e2dd1dd1b3_LI.jpg.f1422d8f6f5d5386a504d7ae8e8b1476.jpg

lol, no. unfortunately your diagram proves my point: If we descended from chimpanzees, they would either be part of the homo or australopithecine branches, or be a direct ancestor of them and would not have evolved since then (I've placed a purple dot at this point in your diagram). your own diagram shows that this is not the case: they are descended from an unknown (ie not in the fossil record) ancestor that all of these branches share, which, again, is the purple dot.

"We are on the same branch with Chimps and Bonobos." well, yes and no. if you go far back enough, we're on the same branch as everything that has ever been alive on the planet.

here's a diagram that simplifies the homo and australopithecine branches into one. if chimps were a direct ancestor of us, they would not have evolved at all from point A (so, at least 6 million years ago), which is clearly not the case. 

The human evolutionary family tree.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, ianism said:

here's a diagram that simplifies the homo and australopithecine branches into one. if chimps were a direct ancestor of us, they would not have evolved at all from point A (so, at least 6 million years ago), which is clearly not the case. 

Because no species other than Homo sapiens has survived from the human line of that branching, both chimpanzee species are the closest living relatives of humans; the lineage of humans and chimpanzees diverged from gorillas (genus Gorilla) about seven million years ago.

Although some modern chimps have been found to have brain surface features that were thought to have signaled humanlike brain evolution in hominids from as early as 3 million years ago, 
for what is regarding the rest ancient Chimps of more than 2.5 million years ago were basically identical to the present one. They did not evolve like we did in that span of time. 

Same for example applies to sharks. The sharks are living on this planet since 100 million years and they did not change that much compared to the modern ones. They shrunk in size but almost nothing more anatomically speaking.  

3 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Because no species other than Homo sapiens has survived from the human line of that branching, both chimpanzee species are the closest living relatives of humans; the lineage of humans and chimpanzees diverged from gorillas (genus Gorilla) about seven million years ago.

Although some modern chimps have been found to have brain surface features that were thought to have signaled humanlike brain evolution in hominids from as early as 3 million years ago, 
for what is regarding the rest ancient Chimps of more than 2.5 million years ago were basically identical to the present one. They did not evolve like we did in that span of time. 

Same for example applies to sharks. The sharks are living on this planet since 100 million years and they did not change that much compared to the modern ones. They shrunk in size but almost nothing more anatomically speaking.  

first section, of course. 2nd and 3rd sections, nah. just because there isn't a lot of fossil evidence (primates tended to live in rainforests, where the soil isn't good for preservation. and sharks are made of cartilage, which doesn't fossilize) doesn't mean there was no evolution taking place. for more on shark evolutionary history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#Evolutionary_history 

also, sharks have been around for more than 450 million years, not 100.

"Species close to the last common ancestor of gorillas, chimpanzees and humans may be represented by Nakalipithecus fossils found in Kenya and Ouranopithecus found in Greece. Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees (genus Pan) split off from the line leading to the humans. Human DNA is approximately 98.4% identical to that of chimpanzees when comparing single nucleotide polymorphisms (see human evolutionary genetics). The fossil record, however, of gorillas and chimpanzees is limited; both poor preservation — rain forest soils tend to be acidic and dissolve bone — and sampling bias probably contribute to this problem." from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution#Divergence_of_the_human_clade_from_other_great_apes

so even if you were right in that they haven't changed for ~2.5 million years, that's still not 4-8 million.

"Humans and monkeys are both primates. But humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today. We do share a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees. It lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. But humans and chimpanzees evolved differently from that same ancestor. All apes and monkeys share a more distant relative, which lived about 25 million years ago." http://humanorigins.si.edu/education/frequently-asked-questions

PSA: please donate money to wikipedia!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ianism said:

PSA: please donate money to wikipedia!

Looks like I was wrong. Thank you Wikipedia ! 🙂

yeah yeah no plan for dirt rally 2.0 but now toyota come soon to NFS heat  2:39 tweet by toyota sorry is french so now  i wait DR3.0 or dirt 5 to see toyota 😂

its official ogier leave citroen  and citroen no start season 2020  because ogier leave the team 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

66km in the ds21boat is the kind of achievement that I would be too scared...legends say you can even lost your soul/identity in the attempt...

I was thinking of using that achievement as practice for my driving licence exam. I mean, that is probably the closest thing I can find to my car in the game. Or more likely, to how my sofa would handle if it had wheels. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, carpa said:

I was thinking of using that achievement as practice for my driving licence exam. I mean, that is probably the closest thing I can find to my car in the game. Or more likely, to how my sofa would handle if it had wheels. 

I'd say its good practise for late night motorway driving: I find that is the time when fatigue is the biggest issue. 

6 minutes ago, carpa said:

Stop lying to yourself....

...your sofa on wheels it’s way faster.

11 hours ago, koog2003 said:

image.png.8131271586facd83403240e2dd1dd1b3.png

That diagram clearly proves you wrong and the other guy right. Chimps are at the top, split off, not a direct ancestor.

On another note, going back to achievement hunting, I hate them. For one, the vast majority are just for completing the game. Woo. My big issue is you used to do things in games to earn stuff in game, whatever it be. Now you just get useless achievements. The only factor I've seen them be useful in is telling you how few people actually even complete the main story in games.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Normally, the evolution matter one would expect to be discussed here is this

best_post_group_b_rally_cars_4_lancer_evo_vi.jpg.40c3a53e8820ffcf5a071b18a6b77b51.jpg

Yup.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

That diagram clearly proves you wrong and the other guy right. Chimps are at the top, split off, not a direct ancestor.

On another note, going back to achievement hunting, I hate them. For one, the vast majority are just for completing the game. Woo. My big issue is you used to do things in games to earn stuff in game, whatever it be. Now you just get useless achievements. The only factor I've seen them be useful in is telling you how few people actually even complete the main story in games.

Yup. You are right. We dont descend from the Chimps. We just have a common ancestor. From that common ancestor Chimps and humans split on two different evolution branches. 
On our branch there were several different human species. As per today only one species remain, because the others went extinct, Homo sapiens 🙂

24 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Good Morning Gentlemen 🧐

ED9D7F10-E360-49AA-AC87-41E4BDEADCC5.jpeg.21dccf60c0590ec363ca99d596bd7678.jpeg

"Avevo un amico cosi' lento ma cosi' lento .. che la sua macchina aveva i moscerini spiaccicati sul vetro posteriore"

• Haha 1

My brand new flashing t-300 RS just arrived !! OH BOY OH BOY 🙂

As soon as I finally get the hell out of the office I will run home and start testing it. I will call in sick tomorrow and I will play until Monday ahahah 

giphy.gif

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3