Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

tbtstt said:
Benniz said:
Too bad you'll not be there, I'll have to sit alone gaming then ;)
You're going to Hell @Benniz ? Entry list looks really strong, should be a great weekend. Don't forget to take some pictures! 

I'm hoping DiRT will be at Lydden so I can finally have a go at the rallycross! :smiley: 
I will be in Hell working as a photographer for the picture agency McKlein, so I'd better remember to take some pictures ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
From the DiRT Facebook page...



...so that's two of the three cars in the second rallycross pack confirmed!
Dave Mirra, cough cough, american rally... cough cough... sneaking in.. couuuuuugh  USA :)   not being patriotic, like anyone here, nice to see an your homeland represented  once in a while in DiRT Rally... Thanks again guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benniz said:
tbtstt said:
Benniz said:
Too bad you'll not be there, I'll have to sit alone gaming then ;)
You're going to Hell @Benniz ? Entry list looks really strong, should be a great weekend. Don't forget to take some pictures! 

I'm hoping DiRT will be at Lydden so I can finally have a go at the rallycross! :smiley: 
I will be in Hell working as a photographer for the picture agency McKlein, so I'd better remember to take some pictures ;)
Awesome, look forward to seeing your shots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Benniz said:
tbtstt said:
Benniz said:
Too bad you'll not be there, I'll have to sit alone gaming then ;)
You're going to Hell @Benniz ? Entry list looks really strong, should be a great weekend. Don't forget to take some pictures! 

I'm hoping DiRT will be at Lydden so I can finally have a go at the rallycross! :smiley: 
I will be in Hell working as a photographer for the picture agency McKlein, so I'd better remember to take some pictures ;)
Awesome, look forward to seeing your shots!
Hansen should have some great shots too ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know people got on a tangent about S2000 cars last time "zero cars" were brought up, but I really think he means safety cars. My guess is live multiplayer stage rally, staggered starts, first car out is a zero car.

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
I know people got on a tangent about S2000 cars last time "zero cars" were brought up, but I really think he means safety cars. My guess is live multiplayer stage rally, staggered starts, first car out is a zero car.

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.
I doubt this, though it would be interesting,  good theory.  However if staggered starts where implemented, then that would mean a possible break down of each pass on the stage.  Probably not terrain deformation but some sort of graphic clue that the race line has changed and you need to adapt.  It would certainly make the stages a little less memorized.  I am not sure what purpose a safety car would be used for in a game as no one is hurt physically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Wouldn't that fall under the Modern masters update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Wouldn't that fall under the Modern masters update?
Depends how modern the modern masters cars are ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Wouldn't that fall under the Modern masters update?
Depends how modern the modern masters cars are ;)
Guess Codemasters view on modern is cars from the 60s to today ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've just found DiRT Rally at NAF's (Norwegian RAC) stand. Just had a go around Hell, looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Wouldn't that fall under the Modern masters update?
Yes, both of those could fall under the modern Masters update. Just because they're finished now doesn't mean they will be released before October, as the pack may contain other things or Lee might just be referring to art being 'finished'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benniz said:
Subaru Impreza, the same as in DiRT3. Other than that nothing new.
Well that cats out of the bag. Shame its happened in such a mundane way, but I guess its how Codies wanted it to happen.

Can assure you it's not the same as the one in DiRT 3 though. Far more relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
New road book is here.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4969

Finland update sounds very exciting, can't wait for September!
Always loved the narrow stages through Finland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Ah, I was mixed up, you are right.

The term "zero car" has a very specific meaning in rally tho, so I was really surprised to see people interpreting it as anything other than the rally organizer car that opens the stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
enamel said:

I can't think of any other use for zero cars, and would be really surprised if they put S2000 cars in the game, I don't see where they would fit in the timeline.

I think S2000 cars have a perfect place in the game. Not as 'modern' content, but as 'iconic' content. The game's car choices have been all about capturing icons from memorable eras, and the IRC battles between Peugeot and Skoda (and Fiat) were certainly one of those.

I think you might be mixed up though; general consensus wasn't S2000, I don't believe, but a 2000s class; WRC cars from 2000-2009.
Ah, I was mixed up, you are right.

The term "zero car" has a very specific meaning in rally tho, so I was really surprised to see people interpreting it as anything other than the rally organizer car that opens the stage.
The fact that it has a specific meaning in Rally is part of the problem. It's too obvious and screams red herring.
Lee makes vague hints and teases, it's just not his style to outright announce something like that directly without trying to have fun with people.
That and an actual zero car doesn't really have a purpose in this game. It was stated ages ago there will be no staggered starts or active AI on the rally stages, so such a thing being implemented purely for mutiplayer is incredibly dubious.
Let's be honest, who in multiplayer really wants to drive the car that isn't actually racing? 

Given the limitations the team has been working with, it really doesn't seem like they have the time and resources to dedicate to something so niche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Benniz said:
Subaru Impreza, the same as in DiRT3. Other than that nothing new.
Well that cats out of the bag. Shame its happened in such a mundane way, but I guess its how Codies wanted it to happen.

Can assure you it's not the same as the one in DiRT 3 though. Far more relevant.
I always welcome more Subaru but if this is the third rallycross car, then shame it's not the Audi (I really like the EKS livery). Is it a GRC Impreza then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
BrySkye said:
Benniz said:
Subaru Impreza, the same as in DiRT3. Other than that nothing new.
Well that cats out of the bag. Shame its happened in such a mundane way, but I guess its how Codies wanted it to happen.

Can assure you it's not the same as the one in DiRT 3 though. Far more relevant.
I always welcome more Subaru but if this is the third rallycross car, then shame it's not the Audi (I really like the EKS livery). Is it a GRC Impreza then?
I asked if we could assume we will have no RX S1 abd the answe was "not in the near future" so I guess it's not completely ruled out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×