DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

10 hours ago, ianism said:

just to compare, at the end of Season 2, it was relatively obvious that there would be Seasons 3+4:

• there were still 2 DR1 rally locations to add.
  • the Impreza 01 had been confirmed by CM to be coming at some point (and there was a screenshot of it in the game), plus it, the 01 Focus and 2 F2 cars were in Dirt 4.
  • they added about 30 DLC slots in the steam database in July, and there had been enough location slots for 2 more seasons of DLC locations in the steam database since before the game launched.

for season 5+

• there has been unconfirmed news of recordings for 3 cars (Nissan Almera F2, Impreza '97 & Legacy '92) by CM. nobody knows if these are for DR2 or a future game (or just to confuse us). 
  • no info at all about future locations. (RX is doable, but rally locations are very expensive and time consuming to make. that's why we got DR1 locations as DLC. because it's easy to remaster them and this means we are only paying like 4 euro per location, whereas a brand new one could be like 10+ if they wanted to cover their costs).
  • no more things on steamdb that would indicate anything more being added (though I would wait until mid-January to be sure)

therefore... so far there is very, very little to indicate that there will be Seasons 5+. I think it's obvious that all of us want there to be more content added, but I will believe it when I see it. 🙂 

Thats not true, from Video of Dirt4 Promotion, they said RX location need 1 or 2 weeks less then Rally location, if it is One man job! but it has large Licence fee, and for Rally location they dont have any fee!

• Like 1

I am still hoping/wishing for a rather simple pack/season 5:

Call it the McRae Collection or Subaru Heritage pack

Include the 97 Subaru, the Legacy, and the VT15 or VT19 Subaru cars.

New location, Safari rally, include the modded cars of that era with the snorkels/brush guards/roof spares - I would be satisfied with the cosmetics and maybe weight adjustments.  

Bonus: Bring back the Audi S1 from DR1 and open up car liveries!

IF that could happen it would be like the cliche cigaret after great sex.

image.png.a326455ff7375bc7171a33d4d0cb4487.png  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gfRally said:

I am still hoping/wishing for a rather simple pack/season 5:

Call it the McRae Collection or Subaru Heritage pack

Include the 97 Subaru, the Legacy, and the VT15 or VT19 Subaru cars.

New location, Safari rally, include the modded cars of that era with the snorkels/brush guards/roof spares - I would be satisfied with the cosmetics and maybe weight adjustments.  

Bonus: Bring back the Audi S1 from DR1 and open up car liveries!

IF that could happen it would be like the cliche cigaret after great sex.

image.png.a326455ff7375bc7171a33d4d0cb4487.png  

I know it’s a Subaru list...but We can add the McRae Xara as well...?

😛 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I know it’s a Subaru list...but We can add the McRae Xara as well...?

Given the opinion McRae had of Citroen, it's probably not the most appropriate car to have associated with him!

12 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Given the opinion McRae had of Citroen, it's probably not the most appropriate car to have associated with him!

I agree from that point of view,anyway that would be an excuse to add an awesome car of that era in the 2000cc list 😛 

bad opinions or not the xara it’s part of Colin history anyway 🙂 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 3

The Citroën C4 Rally doesn't have the factory color as well. So I guess if the Xsara will come, it might also be unlikely it will get it. Instead maybe Petter's livery will be more realistic? Also the Solberg family still have the Xsara, so for a possible scan, Codemasters can visit them in Norway.

image.thumb.png.349d51b0f81f71adafbf86f7cb33fb69.png

I rather hope though for the factory color, so it represent multiple great drivers (Loeb, Sainz, McRae), but probably without Telefonica/Movistar logos (as was in 2004 and 2005)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Loeb Xsara 2003

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Thats not true, from Video of Dirt4 Promotion, they said RX location need 1 or 2 weeks less then Rally location, if it is One man job! but it has large Licence fee, and for Rally location they dont have any fee!

were they talking about Dirt 4 locations? because those were procedurally generated, remember? PJ said in here that scanning 20-30km of road and all the subsequent processes is a massive effort. that's why I kind of doubt we'll get a new rally location as DLC. and if we do, I think it won't be $4.

36 minutes ago, ianism said:

were they talking about Dirt 4 locations? because those were procedurally generated, remember? PJ said in here that scanning 20-30km of road and all the subsequent processes is a massive effort. that's why I kind of doubt we'll get a new rally location as DLC. and if we do, I think it won't be $4.

I would not have any problem paying $15-20 US for a new location, season 3/4 I skipped because alI am not interested in RX and not paying for something that I will never use, also I’m not real fond of the bonus liverys. So I bought the rally stuff I wanted separately.  

The great thing about DLC for me, is I don’t have to chuck $90+ at a game all at once.   I can pick and choose what I want to play and purchase over time.  Maybe that ends up $120 if I happen to like everything or maybe it ends up $75 if I don’t.

@AlexSpartan316 and get out of MY dream, its MINE not yours 😂 (joking)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I’ve been competing on some gorgeous stages on the RAC rally for the last few days, I would love to see either some different stages in Wales like the ones around epynt, or some from kielder forest

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ianism said:

I will pay way more for a well done new rally location...no problem. Something fun and super technical like idk rally Corsica...something with really tight hairpins and roads barely larger than your car (and with tight I mean turns where you have to really rotate the car and be precise,unless you want to get stuck )

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I’ve been competing on some gorgeous stages on the RAC rally for the last few days, I would love to see either some different stages in Wales like the ones around epynt, or some from kielder forest

You are a rally driver?! 😮 

17 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Not quite, But I’m only one seat away from the driver 😉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Co-driver?! 😮 awesome! I have so much respect for you guys! You really need to have big OO (And big brain as well)

Edited by AlexSpartan316

29 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

12 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Hi Phil!

DR2 Phil.jpg

47 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Is this really for all players, or is there a really small asterisk about players that bought from a certain store not getting it?

I see where the inspiration come from, from those ugly xmas pullovers. 😛Do we also get a xmas tree on the rally cars during xmas days? 😄 

image.png.c4b38c9d31f9ee39355f78cdb48b5e22.png

Edited by JorritVD
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RallyDriven said:

Congrats on your result at the weekend mate. Nice to briefly see you at the time control for Castle O’er. Some very challenging conditions for you guys! 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Congrats on your result at the weekend mate. Nice to briefly see you at the time control for Castle O’er. Some very challenging conditions for you guys! 

Cheers! Yeah it was good to (very briefly) see you before we had to start the stage! And yeah it was certainly challenging with the rain and fog! Stages were rough on the second runs too, poor Nova took a beating! We snapped a strut earlier that day!

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

I see where the inspiration come from, from those ugly xmas pullovers. 😛Do we also get a xmas tree on the rally cars during xmas days? 😄 

image.png.c4b38c9d31f9ee39355f78cdb48b5e22.png

That pullover it’s actually quite awesome 😎 

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Co-driver?! 😮 awesome! I have so much respect for you guys! You really need to have big OO (And big brain as well)

Sometimes I just can’t fit my massive head and balls into the car and it’s really sad 😞

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Sometimes I just can’t fit my massive head and balls into the car and it’s really sad 😞

Can't fit your massive ego into the car either... :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Can't fit your massive ego into the car either... :classic_biggrin:

You would be just the same if you were as cool as I am

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2