DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

So that’s why they made a Transit WRC...

We all know they made the Transit WRC for only one reason... **Deja Vu**

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, gfRally said:

IF that could happen it would be like the cliche cigaret after great sex.

Is that the way it's supposed to go? Here I've been having sex after a great cigarette.

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DR2 Phil.jpg

I find it interesting that the co-driver is just like "...Make that a left 2..." while the driver who somehow isn't Mr. The Block is screaming. And then the co-driver bursts into flames.

13 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I see where the inspiration come from, from those ugly xmas pullovers. 😛Do we also get a xmas tree on the rally cars during xmas days? 😄 

image.png.c4b38c9d31f9ee39355f78cdb48b5e22.png

Gotta be honest, that reminds me more of Chevy of the Chase variety.

Edited by JZStudios

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Hi Phil!

DR2 Phil.jpg

I just notice in that image the car is upside down lol...and phill is just chilling there like “no worries mate...I’ll read the rest of the pace notes anyway...”

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Haha 3

It's not for Lydden; that video is already done and waiting for licensor approval.

This is for something else 😉 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's not for Lydden; that video is already done and waiting for licensor approval.

This is for something else 😉 

Go555ip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Calm down guys, this is just the video promo for the BX group B DLC.

I hope they don't expect us to pay for that... :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, ianism said:

were they talking about Dirt 4 locations? because those were procedurally generated, remember? PJ said in here that scanning 20-30km of road and all the subsequent processes is a massive effort. that's why I kind of doubt we'll get a new rally location as DLC. and if we do, I think it won't be $4.

they didnt say specific for Dirt 4, i think they spoke general about time they need, for Car its about 3 month with every preparation, for RX track about 2 weeks, and Rally Location 3-4 weeks

News item of the year. I wonder if Rushy will be coming back. If so, this is basically Codemasters + SMS + Evolution. Quite a lot of know-how and versatility there. 

Can't wait for Ian's big mouth to rock the tight-lipped Codies PR boat. 

Edited by Pfei
Spelling
  • Haha 2

Just caught up on the big news. Wow, there is truly huge potential to be unleashed. I'm wondering if Codies can benefit from the Madness Engine in some way. The SETA tyre model is one of the most complex and advanced in the industry for sure, the graphics are awesome and the dynamic weather system is amazing, and maybe the 'rumours' about a new TOCA game can materialize at some point. I'm a bit excited ^^

I heard SMS had big troubles with development so it's not the best partner I guess 😄 Crazy game console was completely off too.

Very interesting - I know Ian Bell mentioned a desire to do ‘Project Rally’ one day, so could be a match made in heaven if it is handled correctly.

Also note SMS have licenced their engine for Reiza’s new title (sequel to Automobilista).

one this that can only go up is future SMS titles will have great audio!  

I’m not going to try to guess anything more though,   Codies didn’t do Evolution any favors acquiring them, assigning them a crappy title that sold poorly only then to cut them loose.     Of course we only know what we see in public, but it didn’t go well.

• Agree 2

To be honest, i don't like Project CARS (2) at all. 
- On controller the game is pretty much undrivable. Codemasters games are very good with a controller. So on this side I see a chance for Project CARS to improve this.
- For Rally purposes I think DR2 has better physics, at least for gravel. Maybe for Asphalt they can learn things from PC2.
- Also I think DiRT Rally 2.0 looks much better than Project CARS on consoles. But maybe SMS engine is more next-gen proof?
- The sounds in PC2 are quite very bad. So also this could be improved for that IP.
- Licensing seems always quite strict with DiRT. Maybe with SMS onboard this could be improved. PC2 had for example Toyota. 😉 
- For PC2 Rallycross, SMS worked together with OMSE, so this corporation will than maybe also move towards

Also, could this mean for season 5 we could get the Honda Civic RX car? As it was in PC2 and in 2019 WRX it was used by Linnemann at Holjes. Ofcourse it's not an easy job to port the model from one game to the other. But atleast the 3d work is ready (which might the biggest part). 

image.png.bfd79958b58663098c1da9994fd0abcb.pngimage.png.e751daa2fd7e8da648fac269fe80b315.png 

Edited by JorritVD

This merge can only be good for us sim fans ……………...makes sense that a proper rally sim will come out of this eventually 

• Agree 1

@JorritVD I certainly don't think a car being in one game would be a precursor to it being in another. I'm sure there are some very different licensing agreements that have been signed between the two.

SMS always seem to have done very well on the licensing front, so hopefully some of that rubs off!

• Agree 1

as i said on discord i think maybe dirt team do rally and sms do rallycross own game. as long as they dont mess with dirt game im not too bothered. pcars had terrible physics. they never listened to feedback in anyway. also dubious goings on. will be interesting how this unfolds. there is obviously a reason why this deal is happened. lets see if its about progress or selling units.