DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

5 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Still the 22B had 280hp and with a little tuning of the gearbox it could make 0-60mph in a little more than 5 seconds. Sure it is not like the rally one but to be a commercial car it is not bad imho 🙂

for the time they were remarkable but..compared to modern cars even those fast cars are slow now. it was basically the same price as a audi rs3 now. which tuned can do 0-60 in 2 secs and 200 mph. its interesting to see how cars have changed over the years also how high prices are now. mint 22bs being £100,000+ which to me is crazy.

• Agree 1

So, aside from the recent info @tbtstt are we saying the S4 should be a 97?  

And as part of our earlier convo, should be even length at that point?

• Agree 1

97 and onward should be even length. Basically every Impreza WRC rally car, starting with the 1997 version. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

So, aside from the recent info @tbtstt are we saying the S4 should be a 97?  

And as part of our earlier convo, should be even length at that point?

Yep, that's (as far as I know!) correct. As @bogani says all the Impreza WRCars ran equal length exhaust manifolds.

The Subaru noise is still there, but it isn't as distinct as the Group A (and the ALS sound is very different) 

Listening to the 97 and the 01, the latter has almost no boxer sound, whereas the former seems to retain some.

Did any firing orders change.

5 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Listening to the 97 and the 01, the latter has almost no boxer sound, whereas the former seems to retain some.

Did any firing orders change.

As far as I am aware the firing order never changed. Some elements of the Group A were carried across to the WRCar (turbo being one), with those bits getting revised/replaced for the S6. 

Much of the S6 engine and transmission was then carried across to the S7. 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yep, that's (as far as I know!) correct. As @bogani says all the Impreza WRCars ran equal length exhaust manifolds.

The Subaru noise is still there, but it isn't as distinct as the Group A (and the ALS sound is very different) 

The later wrc subaru like the s12 b has an amazing sound ,one car I never get sick of seeing on the stages 

• Agree 1

Just now, Chewy21398 said:

The later wrc subaru like the s12 b has an amazing sound ,one car I never get sick of seeing on the stages 

Yeah, the latter cars sounded very different. There were further changes to the exhaust manifold and the introduction of the "rocket" from the S10 onwards made a hell of a difference. 

An S12b on full chat sounds incredible! 

• Agree 1

I think I got us a lead! Look at the teaser image. See all those dots? Bet they can be arbitrarily connected to fit whatever conspiracy we can cook up... like constellations of the upcoming cars, or maybe each one is a corner in some of the upcoming stages. Get to work you thirsty gossipers!

FB_IMG_1575935095278.jpg

• Haha 4

McRae won the wrc in 1995 so this would be the 25th anniversary in 2020 so could it be something do with that? Just a thought because of the colours and the noise in the background. Then again could be way off

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

I think I got us a lead! Look at the teaser image. See all those dots? Bet they can be arbitrarily connected to fit whatever conspiracy we can cook up... like constellations of the upcoming cars, or maybe each one is a corner in some of the upcoming stages. Get to work you thirsty gossipers!

FB_IMG_1575935095278.jpg

Subaru is the Japanese name for a constellation, which is represented in the comany's logo (although the current one doesn't reflect the actual constellation as much as the one prior to 2005). in the west we call it Pleiades. 

I'm pretty sure they're just meant to be particles though, like you get in the game menus.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

FB_IMG_1575935095278.jpg

Image result for lion king sex in the grass

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

As far as I am aware the firing order never changed. Some elements of the Group A were carried across to the WRCar (turbo being one), with those bits getting revised/replaced for the S6. 

Much of the S6 engine and transmission was then carried across to the S7. 

Would you say the exhaust note of a 97/98 should almost sound identical to the 2001, or something in between of the 95/01?

1 hour ago, bogani said:

Would you say the exhaust note of a 97/98 should almost sound identical to the 2001, or something in between of the 95/01?

I think there should be a difference. Only subtle, but not quite the same. 

Return of the DR 2010 WRC cars in DR2.0...CONFIRMED!

Edited by LutzM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Ghostbusters poster looks like a DiRT cover 😉 

Ecto One Rally Edition confirmed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

FB_IMG_1575935095278.jpg

"a dry trill"  ! That's the hidden clue guys 🙂 It will be dry and it will be exciting lol
Let's hope it is not "a drill try". It would not be as cool as the "a dry trill" ahahah

It is not "dry ill rat"  right @PJTierney ? 😛

Edited by koog2003