DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

16 hours ago, ianism said:

Heikkinen and Nitiss liveries confirmed!

[just testing, testing]

Been looking for this picture for ages. means a fair bit to me because my parents' car when I was a kid was the wagon version of that legacy, also in white. no livery though 😉

yeah my unlce had one as well . not many really knew about scoobies then everyone was all cossies and such.

2 hours ago, Madhun1967 said:

you guys are Superhuman ……………………...

I thought the same initially. Instead I proved to myself that practice and the right tuning makes you better and better. At the beginning I was even thinking the top of the rankings were full of cheaters because I thought how could they possibly be even 1 minute or more faster than me ? Practice and persistence made me 20th in Sweden R5 (Algsjon sprint) and I play only since a couple of months.

I am sure I still have quite a bit of margin for improvements if I keep on practicing 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Madhun1967 said:

you guys are Superhuman ……………………...

This is what peak performance looks like:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOl, yeah I keep playing once , twice a week.Hard  to devote more than 4-6 hrs or so per week with real life , unfortunately.

When I look at leaderboards and see im 30-40 sec off on pace on a 5 minute stage ,its disheartening, LOL. Ill keep hammering .

Im sure id get there , but with only so much time,i forget a bit before each time I get back in the gaming seat 🙂

1 minute ago, Madhun1967 said:

LOl, yeah I keep playing once , twice a week.Hard  to devote more than 4-6 hrs or so per week with real life , unfortunately.

I understand you perfectly. Work, kid, wife and friends here. Not so much time free for myself as well but I kinda manage to play 2 hours every two days more or less.

I have also noticed that switching from the T-150 to the T-300 RS improved greatly my gameplay and times. The T-300 RS is a lot more precise than the T-150 🙂  

@PJTierney I never tried but if I enable hardcore damage does it reflect the real life rally damages ? What I mean is when I watch a video of a real rally stage I see sometimes it is enough to touch a rock on the side of the track to screw the car entirely and force the crew to retire. In DR2 I can crash at high speed, roll over 10 times and still being able to drive the car (which is a good thing btw) 😛

41 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

When I look at leaderboards and see im 30-40 sec off on pace on a 5 minute stage ,its disheartening, LOL. Ill keep hammering .

Im sure id get there , but with only so much time,i forget a bit before each time I get back in the gaming seat 🙂

Yup, same situation here. And we have about the same distance from the top of the leaderboards too. I guess practicing more would get us both a lot higher but well... I don't have the time for all of this. I just try to enjoy the game as much as I can, and it's so good I'd have a hard time not enjoying it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

@PJTierney I never tried but if I enable hardcore damage does it reflect the real life rally damages ? What I mean is when I watch a video of a real rally stage I see sometimes it is enough to touch a rock on the side of the track to screw the car entirely and force the crew to retire. In DR2 I can crash at high speed, roll over 10 times and still being able to drive the car (which is a good thing btw) 😛

I did a couple of barrel rolls @ sweden in group b in the previous club and barely had anything to repair at the next service so its not that hardcore.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

so its not that hardcore.

Honestly, DR1's default damage model was more hardcore than DR2.0's Hardcode model.

Back in DR1 during League events for Finland, I would have to brake check the biggest jumps and even racing clean would leave me sitting at ~80-85% performance on most of my components after 3 stages without service. If you raced it flatout like it was time trials, it wouldn't be surprising to DNF without hitting anything. Just running cars flatout on gravel roads over jumps was enough to start destroying cars after 12 stages - and we would run for 24 stage events. It was common for us to see most people running at 80% of their pace in the final stages because the car had engine lights on since SS16.

I miss that about DR1. Back then, events were just as much an endurance race as they were a sprint. Now it feels a lot more like sprints... Physics overall went way up, just with the damage was more punishing. You shouldn't be able to finish 12 stages and have all of your parts above 90% performance. We beat the ever living **** out of these cars trying to push the limits, the damage model just doesn't feel like it shows =/

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Heads up, we’re expecting to release Version 1.11 tomorrow.

Patch Notes are in the usual place and were published last week.

Your game version will likely update to Version 1.11.1 (which is only some minor bug/stability fixes) the update and the hotfix have been rolled into one.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Also heads up:

I’m officially on Annual Leave from now until January. I’ll be around for World Series (and general banter) but don’t expect much else 😄 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Also heads up:

I’m officially on Annual Leave from now until January. I’ll be around for World Series (and general banter) but don’t expect much else 😄 

@PJTierney Enjoy your time off!  Remember to always post when you are fully tanked up, its great for gossip!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Also heads up:

With how much time off you guys get it's a miracle you get anything done at all.

That, and between the office Ping-Pong, pizza parties, and school field trips to museums, events, and sound recording sessions.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

This is what peak performance looks like:

I don’t know why...but I’m pretty sure after a crash like that...oh never mind.

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

With how much time off you guys get it's a miracle you get anything done at all.

Put down Atlas Shrugged...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I’m officially on Annual Leave from now until January. I’ll be around for World Series (and general banter) but don’t expect much else

Wow. How comes you have such a long break ? How many vacation days you have in a year ? In my current job I have 27 days off a year + national holidays.

Most places here in US give you 2 weeks paid vacation a year after some tenure, ………………….enjoy your time off 

5 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

Most places here in US give you 2 weeks paid vacation a year after some tenure, ………………….enjoy your time off 

That's sick. Only 2 weeks ... insane 😞

44 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Wow. How comes you have such a long break ? How many vacation days you have in a year ? In my current job I have 27 days off a year + national holidays.

I didn’t take a day off for about 6 months, so it all piled up 😉 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

I didn’t take a day off for about 6 months, so it all piled up 😉 

Enjoy man ! 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, koog2003 said:

I understand you perfectly. Work, kid, wife and friends here. Not so much time free for myself as well but I kinda manage to play 2 hours every two days more or less.

Same here. Time is limited and that's the reason why I switched back to Horizon for now 😞 Both games are masterpieces and to enjoy it fully you need to play it very often.

• Agree 1

I would vote but this year I could'nt be bothered. Hope it goes well for DR2, and hoping for a reveal of some kind tonight as well.

I am also surprised A plague tale wasn't nominated more than it is.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Madhun1967 said:

Many not even that much. The last job I worked at for almost 9 years had zero paid time off. And to be clear, the US has no federal law requiring employers to give any PTO at all.

• Like 1