DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Don’t forget to vote today 😉 

Done 😉

(BTW Best Racing Game with a Mario title? Pure nonsense)

9 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Put down Atlas Shrugged...

Y'know... I bought that book and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for years. Never got around to reading it.

With PJ going on annual leave until January there’ll be no gossip until January either. Well, apart from the sound recordings of the Legacy and 97 Impreza that we’ve been talking about since May...

good job they were spotted back then as it has kept this thread alive 🤣

Edited by Pieman99
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Y'know... I bought that book and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for years. Never got around to reading it.

There’s more realistic dialogue with Phil at the end of DR2 stages

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

There’s more realistic dialogue with Phil at the end of DR2 stages

Well now I'm confused.

17 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Many not even that much. The last job I worked at for almost 9 years had zero paid time off. And to be clear, the US has no federal law requiring employers to give any PTO at all.

That's sick man. How can this be possibly legal ? Basically in the US you are allowed to work yourself to death ... that's insane and inhuman. Here in Europe thank god employers cannot make you work more than a certain amount of hours a week (which in NL is 60 hours) by law. A company allowing a worker to work more than 60 hours/week is committing a crime and in the worst case scenario the government would even force the company to shut down. This is human and thank god we are protected. 

The number of paid days off in Europe is between 20 and 30 days + national holidays according to the country.

Edited by koog2003

10 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

The number of paid days off in Europe is between 20 and 30 days + national holidays according to the country.

Not if you're self-employed: no sick days or holiday pay! 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Not if you're self-employed: no sick days or holiday pay! 

Yeah of course man. That's normal. There are pros and cons in being a freelancer compared to being an employee. One big pro is earning more as a freelancer the big con are the risks involved and no holiday pay 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, koog2003 said:

Yeah of course man. That's normal. There are pros and cons in being a freelancer compared to being an employee. One big pro is earning more as a freelancer the big con are the risks involved and no holiday pay 🙂

Yeah: not getting holiday pay is a nuisance, but I think it is worth it in the long run. 

• Agree 1

Just now, tbtstt said:

Yeah: not getting holiday pay is a nuisance, but I think it is worth it in the long run. 

Of course everybody has different necessities. Personally with mortgage, family and kid I prefer to earn a bit less but to have all the rest of the advantages and guarantees. 

11 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Well now I'm confused.

It's a pretty good book if you want something to send you to sleep and have nightmares about billionaires destroying the planet.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Many not even that much. The last job I worked at for almost 9 years had zero paid time off. And to be clear, the US has no federal law requiring employers to give any PTO at all.

Yeah there lies the issues facing this country …………………...nothing sacred either with Sundays/weekends becoming another working day.

• Agree 1

Off topic but Started watching some Jim Clark rally videos from 2011-2014 some amazing stages and great variety of cars, from mg 6r4 to polo s2000 and variety of older wrc cars too. Well worth the watch.

50 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Off topic but Started watching some Jim Clark rally videos from 2011-2014 some amazing stages and great variety of cars, from mg 6r4 to polo s2000 and variety of older wrc cars too. Well worth the watch.

Actually you are on topic 🙂 We are not !

• Like 1

So have we figured out why the windshields are cracking so much more in the last few weeks? Like just driving in Australia you can crack the windshield by the second turn without hitting anything. Something that never happened before without you hitting something. What's the cause? I feel like damage model would be tied to the physics model just like tire wear is. So if we are getting damage changes, what is causing it? Minor physics tweaks?

6 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

So have we figured out why the windshields are cracking so much more in the last few weeks? Like just driving in Australia you can crack the windshield by the second turn without hitting anything. Something that never happened before without you hitting something. What's the cause? I feel like damage model would be tied to the physics model just like tire wear is. So if we are getting damage changes, what is causing it? Minor physics tweaks?

Simpler explanation would be some weird bug causing it to crack for the wrong reasons, imo.

Just now, caerphoto said:

Simpler explanation would be some weird bug causing it to crack for the wrong reasons, imo.

Most likely, I'm just surprised I haven't seen anything really on it. I initially assumed it was just Finland being Finland and breaking everything as you fly flatout, but then it started happening in other locations - locations I know too well, and drive too cleanly with certain classes, to ever get a cracked windshield without also DNF'ing. New England, Australia, Wales; all places I never had this issue before, now cracking the windshield on stock setups within 20 seconds of starting the stage by going over a little bump. Maybe bottoming out is triggering it somehow?

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Maybe bottoming out is triggering it somehow?

Be nice if bottoming out actually had some consequences.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, caerphoto said:

It's a pretty good book if you want something to send you to sleep and have nightmares about billionaires destroying the planet.

Honestly with how poorly I've been sleeping that could be great.

Although my sister and her kids waking me up with dogs barking and the bird screaming doesn't help.

7 hours ago, koog2003 said:

That's sick man. How can this be possibly legal ? Basically in the US you are allowed to work yourself to death ... that's insane and inhuman. Here in Europe thank god employers cannot make you work more than a certain amount of hours a week (which in NL is 60 hours) by law. A company allowing a worker to work more than 60 hours/week is committing a crime and in the worst case scenario the government would even force the company to shut down. This is human and thank god we are protected.

Look at Japan. A lot of offices have bunk beds.

Side note, Japan has the highest suicide rate in the world. Don't know why.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

image.png.442e4f3fbf3e82c9ecf85fd09cd0a7ba.pngimage.png.0dfebaf2a9bb909420da50ed0f09441d.png 

image.png.e970ecef521965bacbbab26ec2a7b416.png

Some names are at the wrong cars, but with that the following liveries are confirmed or likely:

Audi S1 EKS RX quattro
- Andreas Bakkerud
- Liam Doran
- Krisztian Szabo
- Mattias Ekstrom
- Robin Larsson
- Enzo Ide

Peugeot 208 WRX
- Kevin Hasen
- Timmy Hansen

Renault Megane R.S. RX
- Rokas Baciuska
- Anton Marklund
- Guirlain Chicherit

Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5
- Janis Baumanis

Renault Clio R.S. RX
- Guilliame de Ridder
- (Cyril Raymond, not shown, but likely)

Edited by JorritVD

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

image.png.442e4f3fbf3e82c9ecf85fd09cd0a7ba.pngimage.png.0dfebaf2a9bb909420da50ed0f09441d.png 

image.png.e970ecef521965bacbbab26ec2a7b416.png

Whyyyy is De Ridder in the Fiesta and Enzo Ide in the Seat? Ide should be in the Audi surely

• Agree 1