F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

siimuga said:
First you promised to release PVP on 24th of August, it means today. Now you have changed it. People are not blind.
did we?
You wrote on your dirtgame.com page at timeline section "Scheduled date August 2015 for PVP and Rallycross expansion" long time ago and it stayed like that for a while. Today morning it was changed to 24th of August on both of them, a certain date i guess. I took that as an announcement and hoped to get some great updates for this epic game already today. Now it is changed back to "Scheduled date August 2015".

Actually i was on my mind to take time to write somewhere about short time to the end of August and two upcoming updates. It sounded like during 9 days players get two massive updates, little bit silly? Ofcourse it depends what we take as an update and what we do not. Maybe it comes 2in1.

Nevertheless, players pushing themselves hopes too high is not good idea, but playing with releasing dates is also quite unrespectful against the consumers. If you would not changed this, what i described before, you could not have this post for sure.

Peace.

I also don't think accidentally changing a web page and correcting it half an hour later constitutes a promise either. You'll know when it's about to be released because they won't stop banging on about it! :tongue: 

siimuga said:
siimuga said:
First you promised to release PVP on 24th of August, it means today. Now you have changed it. People are not blind.
did we?

Nevertheless, players pushing themselves hopes too high is not good idea, but playing with releasing dates is also quite unrespectful against the consumers. If you would not changed this, what i described before, you could not have this post for sure.

Peace.

Jeeeez things happen when trying to put a good update together and maybe it slipped by a day or two. Over on DiRT forums we don't call out 'promises' when there weren't any.  

Suffice to say it's just around the corner so hold your horses :tongue:

As soon as this one drops I'm going online to get absolutely smashed :D

You wrote on your dirtgame.com page at timeline section "Scheduled date August 2015 for PVP and Rallycross expansion" long time ago and it stayed like that for a while. Today morning it was changed to 24th of August on both of them, a certain date i guess. I took that as an announcement and hoped to get some great updates for this epic game already today. Now it is changed back to "Scheduled date August 2015".

Actually i was on my mind to take time to write somewhere about short time to the end of August and two upcoming updates. It sounded like during 9 days players get two massive updates, little bit silly? Ofcourse it depends what we take as an update and what we do not. Maybe it comes 2in1.

Peace.
I guess someone's salty because they didn't get their update today.

siimuga said:
siimuga said:
did we?

Peace.

Jeeeez things happen when trying to put a good update together and maybe it slipped by a day or two. Over on DiRT forums we don't call out 'promises' when there weren't any.  

Suffice to say it's just around the corner so hold your horses :tongue:

As soon as this one drops I'm going online to get absolutely smashed :D
You've already been online and got asbolutely smashed :wink: :smiley: 

Here's some new gameplay of WRC 5 uploaded on Youtube. I have to say this is a better effort than previous Milestone WRC games, it looks ok. The guy commenting says that it leans more on simulation rather than arcade... really? Also at near the end Abbring must be thinking "Dirt Rally is better than this..." :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQxo6Lu4PM4
Them vacuum cleaner engines sounds tho.

looks poor tbh. i kinda of expected it .

now no excuses for anyone not to buy the best rally game which is DiRT RALLY B)

I don't like the look of their haze system, looks quite old. Like their engine can't handle big landscapes. CM's engine seems to be far superior in this regard. I expect the same from the sounds. Can't say much about the physics just by watching the vids. The only thing that looks better is the menue. DR is quite basic and stale atm.

Is that damage indicator gonna pop in and out the whole time? I have barely watched a minute and I'm already tired of it.

Well the cars still moves like boats and sound like vacuum cleaners. If they fix that it might be enjoyable.

The roads were like motorways, plenty of space to make even big errors and still recover easily. Have to say it looked a lot better than I thought but then hearing him say "they made it fun and approachable" and I was like "so arcade it is". Watching WRC pov videos and the cars do actually sound like vacuum cleaners so I'm not sure if the sound is completely off there, but it could be a bit beefier ^^

Looks definitely easy compared to DR. Roads are much wider and extremely flat. Just look at the british stages and compare them with those in DR.

siimuga said:
siimuga said:
did we?

Peace.
There is still a week to go for August.

Boys and girls, get ready for online Hell in DiRT Rally RX PvP.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/18372/dirt-show-today-at-3pm-uk-time-send-us-your-questions

DiRT Show is on today so the update will be live later today :)

How he got back on the road at 10:00 made me laugh

w-t-f all the way up

..but not all bad, I liked some GFX effects: fogbanks, mist... I think its cool.