DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I need that Lego-Audi quattro! But it seems it's not out yet in potatoland 😞

And now I want a Volvo 240 in the game...arrgh 😄

21 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, aside from the 6R4, it is hard to think of a rally car design that is better suited to Lego blocks! 

To be honest, this already looks like Citroën Racing built it out of LEGO so it shouldn't be hard... 

citroen-bx-4tc-rally.jpg?zoom=3&w=1080&s

• Haha 4

It's a shame this LEGO Ideas project didn't make it into a real set. Could be done as a MOC though.

Image result for lego ideas rally

• Like 6
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, carpa said:

To be honest, this already looks like Citroën Racing built it out of LEGO so it shouldn't be hard... 

citroen-bx-4tc-rally.jpg?zoom=3&w=1080&s

That's an insult to Lego: the BX4TC wasn't anywhere near as solid as those little plastic bricks!

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's a shame this LEGO Ideas project didn't make it into a real set. Could be done as a MOC though.

Image result for lego ideas rally

I hope that maybe they will make some kind of Group B era series for example with 205, Quattro, RS200 and Lancia. Could be great! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

That's an insult to Lego: the BX4TC wasn't anywhere near as solid as those little plastic bricks!

The ugliest rally car I have ever seen 🤣

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The ugliest rally car I have ever seen 🤣

They have it in some of the WRC games, 1, 2 and 3!

so far 4397 have done the promo challenge, thats quite alot. I wonder how many daily players the game actually got across all platforms. Most(?) players only do single player and dont even bother to watch on the dailys id imagine. Is that confidential info @PJTierney?

steam alone had a 1220 current players an hour ago.

Edited by somethingthing

19 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Most(?) players only do single player and dont even bother to watch on the dailys id imagine.

Really? I figured it'd be the opposite with most people only logging on for the Dailies and not having touched My Team in months. Definitely would be curious about the numbers too, but I think most dailies can see upwards of 10,000 entries if it is a good car/location combo

I'd say I do the dailies about 50% of the time I play: would rather just jump straight into the cars/stages I want in Freeplay though! 

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Really? I figured it'd be the opposite with most people only logging on for the Dailies and not having touched My Team in months. Definitely would be curious about the numbers too, but I think most dailies can see upwards of 10,000 entries if it is a good car/location combo

If you play on the Oculus version there are like 3-6 people that show up in the Dailies, vs the thousands that show up on Steam.

3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

so far 4397 have done the promo challenge, thats quite alot. I wonder how many daily players the game actually got across all platforms. Most(?) players only do single player and dont even bother to watch on the dailys id imagine. Is that confidential info @PJTierney?

steam alone had a 1220 current players an hour ago.

I get an automated daily update on how many people play. Not going to share that of course so you'll have to guess 😉 

The game being on Xbox Game Pass does mean that Xbox has the most players though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

so far 4397 have done the promo challenge, thats quite alot

It helps that the Solbergs were promoting the event on their social medias 🙂 

(Proud of that little thing, it was my idea to ask them to reveal the challenge)

30 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It helps that the Solbergs were promoting the event on their social medias 🙂 

(Proud of that little thing, it was my idea to ask them to reveal the challenge)

Ambassadors are good for promotion of a product. Keep it in mind for next things new things that will come. 🙂 

also saw Bennett doing a lot of promotion for his MINI coming to the game. 

but also Bakkerud shared some screenshots from his 2019 Audi, and the Eriksson brothers, etc.

but yeah, makes a difference ofcourse if one has a couple of million followers (Block) compared to the thousands of followers some WRX drivers just have. 

maybe also give a heads up to World RX, they only shared the video of part 1 of the 2019 cars pack on facebook.

I now know the DiRT Rally 2.0 asphalt physics. I just saw the WRC cars tackling asphalt with (small) studded tyres (SS9 Monte Carlo). The handlings looks very similar to the game.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

I log in to the game every single day, only to find out there is no 2000cc daily again 😞

you wasn't not connected 2 days ago, 2000cc in Finland

20 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

They have it in some of the WRC games, 1, 2 and 3!

Wich WRC-Games? There are quite few. The PS2-Series from Evolution Studios? Or the WRC-Games from Milestone back in the X-Box 360/PS3 era? Or do you mean CMR 1-3? Or DiRT 1-3? 🤣
Would real like to drive "exotic" rally cars, but I only own all rally games released on X-Box 360 and X-Box One, except WRC 8, that will come later into my collection depending what Codemasters does with DR 2.0.

19 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I stopped doing dailies/weeklies/monthlies in september completely. Only doing a few again recently. The rally career I don't play at all anymore, because it crashed twice in a row very late in career because of RaceNet. Not doing that again.

But I'm very active, just not in My Team. I hate that Online-Only-Design.

16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I get an automated daily update on how many people play. Not going to share that of course so you'll have to guess 😉 

The game being on Xbox Game Pass does mean that Xbox has the most players though.

I'm an X-Box-Player, but hate the Game Pass, will never use that. It ruined FH4 for me, never touching that game again.

5 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Wich WRC-Games? There are quite few. The PS2-Series from Evolution Studios? Or the WRC-Games from Milestone back in the X-Box 360/PS3 era? Or do you mean CMR 1-3? Or DiRT 1-3? 🤣
Would real like to drive "exotic" rally cars, but I only own all rally games released on X-Box 360 and X-Box One, except WRC 8, that will come later into my collection depending what Codemasters does with DR 2.0.

I stopped doing dailies/weeklies/monthlies in september completely. Only doing a few again recently. The rally career I don't play at all anymore, because it crashed twice in a row very late in career because of RaceNet. Not doing that again.

But I'm very active, just not in My Team. I hate that Online-Only-Design.

I'm an X-Box-Player, but hate the Game Pass, will never use that. It ruined FH4 for me, never touching that game again.

I got game pass when they did that ridiculous deal where it converted all your good membership into game pass ultimate for £1. I probably wouldn’t have got it otherwise, but I’m loving it! I’ve discovered loss of games from it, and I’ll probably keep it once I actually have to start paying for it (which is 24/10/21). It’s been getting better and better, and the number of studios they own or are partnered with can only mean good things for the future

The windscreen wiper auto is no more! Hallelujah. Thanks CM!

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

I got game pass when they did that ridiculous deal where it converted all your good membership into game pass ultimate for £1. I probably wouldn’t have got it otherwise, but I’m loving it! I’ve discovered loss of games from it, and I’ll probably keep it once I actually have to start paying for it (which is 24/10/21). It’s been getting better and better, and the number of studios they own or are partnered with can only mean good things for the future

You sound like an Microsoft-employee. This disgusting 1€ decoy tactics are just to get used to this kind of service. It will get much more expensive, when it's established. It leeds to short-lived, online multiplayer casual-action games in masses and will kill single-player and indie-games in the long run. Well, Single-Player games are already pretty dead, but this will be the very end. There is no reason for a Publisher/Developer to release a game that you can only play alone and has an end with this kind of abo-service.

Mark my words. Especially racing games with so many licenses will disappear quickly, when the next is coming out. The point were you not be able to buy the games anymore is quite far in the future, I know, but it will happen.

Sorry, didn't want to rant that much, but I really, really hate "Games as a Service", "Abo-Services" and things like that.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

Why in"my team", in career rallycross i can't take the new cars rallycross 2019?I have Masters.