DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@PJTierney Already a suggestion: IF there really is some Scotland Rally coming, please please please add some light rain or showers as well and not only dry & heavy rain as in most of the DLC Locations. Especially Wales still feels dissappointing in that it either is always dry or drying or it's pouring from the sky. Scotland would be a location with even more rain than Wales and therefor also more probability to encounter different shades of rain from showers to pouring.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I'm back, got my wheel out of closet. It was all in dust even though wrapped in foil.

Hello everyone I knew, and Welcome everyone I didn't meet yet!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Nico said:

Are new seasons coming? I haven't visited this site in a while.

we'll know tomorrow it seems

50 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

A special rally-made car that a certain McRae drove for a bit back in the day. Highly doubt we will see this one actually show up but the rest all seem to be a very likely possibility

I find one pic of Colin in a 205(1988 yes) but can't find any info it would be RWD. 

11 minutes ago, Jepsertti said:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryinfo/43104-croall-bryson-jim-clark-memorial-stages-rally-1988/1533775/

I've never heard of a 205 RWD before though so no idea where eWRC has got that info.

A converted RWD 205 was quite common in the British clubman scene in the 80s and 90s. There was one with a Hyabusa superbike engine in which would absolutely scream around and was completely sideways everywhere. I seen it quite a few times over Epynt and in the Royal Builth showground

• Like 1

So far I don’t think this is a new season, but v1.13 as shown in the SteamDB depots. One location and some cars honored to mr. McRae. Possible the last major update of the game before the full focus goes to the next(-gen) game. Although I hope they continue to support DR2.0 with more content as an investment for the new game.

• Agree 4

10 hours ago, SkyRex said:

@PJTierney Already a suggestion: IF there really is some Scotland Rally coming, please please please add some light rain or showers as well and not only dry & heavy rain as in most of the DLC Locations. Especially Wales still feels dissappointing in that it either is always dry or drying or it's pouring from the sky. Scotland would be a location with even more rain than Wales and therefor also more probability to encounter different shades of rain from showers to pouring.

scotland has more rain than wales? on the west coast, maybe. in the center and east it's generally less. but otherwise agreed.

8 hours ago, JorritVD said:

So far I don’t think this is a new season, but v1.13 as shown in the SteamDB depots. One location and some cars honored to mr. McRae. Possible the last major update of the game before the full focus goes to the next(-gen) game. Although I hope they continue to support DR2.0 with more content as an investment for the new game.

exactly. I also suspect this is the end for the game. 😞

Edited by ianism

34 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

looking at the list there is 82 file's

https://steamdb.info/depot/690794/

Incorrect, there are 81 .nefs files.

There are two double files, so nothing to speculate about:
 mr5_05.nefs
 srs_05.nefs

if yo remove those two double files you have 79.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Incorrect, there are 81 .nefs files.

There are two double files, so nothing to speculate about:
 mr5_05.nefs
 srs_05.nefs

if yo remove those two double files you have 79.

Sorry about that didnt notice, I fell in a trance :) felt like Da Vinci code in search for Gossip material :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

Sorry about that didnt notice, I fell in a trance 🙂 felt like Da Vinci code in search for Gossip material 🙂

Don't apologise, it was top quality gossip thread speculation - no-one's ever accused us of 'accuracy' or 'balance' in this thread.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Don't apologise, it was top quality gossip thread speculation - no-one's ever accused us of 'accuracy' or 'balance' in this thread.

The Gossip Thread: 60% of the time, its right every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dirtrally2.com not working atm, getting a redirection to Codies website...

New website for DR2 with better working RaceNet confirmed!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Dirtrally2.com not working atm, getting a redirection to Codies website...

New website for DR2 with better working RaceNet confirmed!

interesting 🕵️‍♂️

Will it be free new content or a complete new season as dlc or just an add-on dlc ...?

And when will it be available...?

Really excited now...

9 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Will it be free new content or a complete new season as dlc or just an add-on dlc ...?

Really excited now...

Has Subaru, take my money!

almost time, BREATHING HEAVY.

2 hours ago, dani211212 said:

looking at this list there where two unused location 1.13

Now its just one 1.13 the one with ending 68 number

https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/

yeap, that was changed some months ago in the 1.9 or 1.10 patch (or something. I'm guessing). I think they had two new locations planned but only one worked out.

9 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Really excited now...

given the amount of slots for new stuff on the DLC page of steamdb, it seems to just be a couple of small add-ons. one rally location and one car (ok, maybe 3-4)

availability? no idea

free? no idea

new season? maybe after this, but I kind of doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

So some guys think it will be the last addition to that great game... so games get support for one year and then it's on to the next nowadays...would be sad!

Why not continue to add new locations & cars and earning money that way...

• Agree 2

The other topic (Something is coming) is now closed for further replies...

Should it be real that we get facts like which location/car(s) will be released and when...??!!

11 minutes ago, LutzM said:

So some guys think it will be the last addition to that great game... so games get support for one year and then it's on to the next nowadays...would be sad!

i mean, not too many racing games get a year+ of support like this. and before dlc, once the game came out that was the end.

you can't just keep creating content for the same game forever because most games' user base doesn't stay big enough to make it worth it (ie, $$$) for the devs. most people move on to other games after a few weeks/months

I agree that its sad though. it's amazing, (and the menus are the best even if they are super uninformative, lol)

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Why keep making content for a game that was limited by the old generation to begin with? We've gotten tons of great content from DR2.0, and I've gotten hundreds and hundreds of hours of gametime that I don't see ending any time soon. But if they keep focusing on the current game, they won't be able to put the best resources towards a new game targeting the next-gen consoles. Once we can target better hardware, we get a bigger and better game.

Right now DR2.0 has too many limitations that are just inherent with last-gen and the current EGO engine. Don't you want Kenya rally with 40km+ stages??? Don't you want more time of day options? What about dynamic weather? Any of these things would require CM to publish a new game, they aren't really things you can back-port into DR2.0 so why keep the dev's hands tied when they could start making us the next great installment?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1