F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 minute ago, ianism said:

i mean, not too many racing games get a year+ of support like this. and before dlc, once the game came out that was the end.

you can't just keep creating content for the same game forever because most games' user base doesn't stay big enough to make it worth it (ie, $$$) for the devs. most people move on to other games after a few weeks/months

It could probably work pretty well. DLC is relatively cheap to do but easy to sell. It could be the future. Sure, the user base is not the biggest now but you can sell the whole game again for next gen... with all DLCs.

• Agree 1

Do you really think they will create/use an other engine than current EGO ??

1 minute ago, LutzM said:

They will sell the same game again 😄 Why not?

2 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Yes, it'd be a complete overhaul of the current EGO engine. They did just buy a pretty massive racing sim studio... No reason not to think they'd retool it since they've publicly said they couldn't do the full Monte route due to the engine.

• Agree 1

Very excited about the new Scottish stages! Glad to see the famous deep ditches mentioned in the blog. Very impressed that this will be free too!

Just now, Loeinc said:

Free for season owners.. 😅

To be honest, I'll buy all necessary seasons to have this. It's basically what I always wanted and a Subaru Legacy I didn't know I needed so bad up until NOW.

SCOTLAND THO 😍

Just as I was starting to think my dream of a Scottish rally was over and that ‘Perth’ was actually in reference to Knockhill this comes along! Cannot wait to see the stages, loving the cars but these stages are gonna be awesome!

In the blog "and the battles against said SUBARUs later on in his Ford Focus RS Rally 2001." ...please can we get a Martini-ish style skin for the Focus? Even like the one in Colin McRae Rally remake/mobile version?

Edited by VirtuaIceMan
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

22B looks great! 😄

giphy.gif

• Haha 11

It says: "free for season owners"

That means, if you only have s1 and s2, you will get it anyway

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Im looking forward to the scenarios also. Im hoping for one where you have to beat his average speed set in the 2001 Focus during the 2001 Wales rally GB St Gwynno stage. The incar footage is probably the best ever and as a spectator in the flesh it was the best driving Ive ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

It could probably work pretty well. DLC is relatively cheap to do but easy to sell. It could be the future. Sure, the user base is not the biggest now but you can sell the whole game again for next gen... with all DLCs.

DLC is not cheap to do. a single car takes easily a month to model, create liveries, adjust the performance etc. a location takes much, much longer than that and this is why all the DLC rally locations are updates on old ones and not brand new.

• Agree 3

It's nice to have a new location (it's also free), but I really expected more, even if you're paying for them

Edited by elrojodp8

6 minutes ago, ianism said:

DLC is not cheap to do. a single car takes easily a month to model, create liveries, adjust the performance etc. a location takes much, much longer than that and this is why all the DLC rally locations are updates on old ones and not brand new.

Sounds cheap to me. You can sell it to 100k ppl. And then sell it again with next-gen or next game. Forza uses some cars for 15 years 😄 (some updated more, some less).

Locations are expensive and that's the reason why we didn't have any new... until now!

For racing games DLC model could work pretty well. You have money for next development constantly and after few years you can create new release.

Edited by Johnnnn
grammar