F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, ianism said:

DLC is not cheap to do. a single car takes easily a month to model, create liveries, adjust the performance etc. a location takes much, much longer than that and this is why all the DLC rally locations are updates on old ones and not brand new.

I don't speak for the dev team on specifics, but when I joined Codemasters in May 2019 I was already aware that the FLAT OUT content was being planned and developed.

If you look through some blog posts on the matter (not just Codemasters, but Forza, GT etc.), a car can take upwards of 9 months to research, license and build from scratch, especially older ones for which CAD data isn't readily available from the manufacturer.

15 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

@PJTierney What do you think about this, could you ask some devs maybe?

According to IGCD:

https://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=10000036

• 1998 SUBARU 22B STi (the road car @tbtstt, before you freak out)
  • 1997 SUBARU Impreza S3 Rally
  • 2000 SUBARU Impreza S6 Rally
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Me freak out about a Subaru @PJTierney? I think you must have me confused with someone else... :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't speak for the dev team on specifics, but when I joined Codemasters in May 2019 I was already aware that the FLAT OUT content was being planned and developed.

If you look through some blog posts on the matter (not just Codemasters, but Forza, GT etc.), a car can take upwards of 9 months to research, license and build from scratch, especially older ones for which CAD data isn't readily available from the manufacturer.

According to IGCD:

Ok thanks for answer! 🙂 So we can say 97 and 98 both are like the same for CMR1 and S4 is correct for this game as the same what it was back then in 1998 CMR.

I love it! ❤️

😂I would (not) like to see the 22B with just blue color and the 1999/2000 Impreza WRC which was looking a bit ugly comparing to 97/98.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

According to IGCD:

To be fair, that site is just the community trying to identify cars themselves; I think the Impreza had a different paint job in the US one that looked like a more recent car. I doubt it was the 2000 model as the game came out before then! And both have the 5 spoke wheels

• Thanks 1

But wait that means, that at the same time we could get the 97 Impreza S3 which won also the manufacturers title. 🙁 But It's still like the same isn't it?

Edited by KryspaPL

I missed this so it looks like 97 was in CMR 1, so at the same time a bit disappointing not to get the S3 instead of S4, which also won the constructors title. 😕

Edited by KryspaPL

17 minutes ago, Malling said:

Inb4 Codies do a Williams with the Martini livery
Focoshop.jpg.d67296be657fa9ada31e71838dadfe29.jpg

The Martini Colour isnt problem, As i did understand, You Can use their colour, and don't have to make the martini symbol, but You still need to pay them big amount!  just like did BigBen in V-rally 4 and Milestone in SLRE and Gravel did for Lancia Delta

@PJTierney Is it maybe still possible to make from the S4 version the S3 Version and release it as S3 version? I mean for me as huge Colin McRae fan and also the Colin McRae Rally games fan it's a big detail as the 97 is slight different + it won constructor championship with Colin and it was just a better car than S4. I think it would be a better tribute than the S4, where 98 season wasn't that good anymore for Colin with this car issues. 🤔

Take it as suggestion at least, but i think 97 would be much better, i know it's slight differences but little disappointed with 98, because it's just not the same as in CMR (98) days and so on.

If you compare the cars, it have different bumpers like inlets and shape. 97 is smooth 98 is more like (V) and agressiveimage.png.f6798b3e1904dce0c59607176b1a3c88.png.image.png.708cbb16b5a3668e919221ee70234e7e.png

4 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

@PJTierney Is it maybe still possible to make from the S4 version the S3 Version and release it as S3 version? I mean for me as huge Colin McRae fan and also the Colin McRae Rally games fan it's a big detail as the 97 is slight different + it won constructor championship with Colin and it was just a better car than S4. I think it would be a better tribute than the S4, where 98 season wasn't that good anymore for Colin with this car issues. 🤔

Take it as suggestion at least, but i think 97 would be much better, i know it's slight differences but little disappointed with 98, because it's just not the same as in CMR (98) days and so on.

If you compare the cars, it have different bumpers like inlets and shape. 97 is smooth 98 is more like (V) and agressiveimage.png.f6798b3e1904dce0c59607176b1a3c88.png.image.png.708cbb16b5a3668e919221ee70234e7e.png

The in Game is S5 version from 1999, but is licenced as S4

Just now, dani211212 said:

The in Game is S5 version from 1999, but is licenced as S4

But you mean in DiRT or CMR1? In CMR 1 i guess it was S3 97 for DR 2.0 of course it's S4. 🙂

S5 was introduced with one roof scoop in second half of 1998, as S3 and S4 have 2 smaller? i readed somewhere..

here is proof as video from 1998 wrc season

Edited by dani211212
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

S5 was introduced with one roof scoop in second half of 1998, as S3 and S4 have 2 smaller? i readed somewhere..

Could be anyway, just saying that the 97 is a bit more legendary and better, especially for Bunnings jumps, 1 point missing for title and being in Colin McRae Rally (1998) So for me as a big fan and who have respect for what did Colin. And someone who wanted to get this car back from the 1st codemasters game. It's a bit sad that it is not the S3 97, but at the same time, both are quite the same and fantastic cars so it's not big difference. But if Codemasters can, do corrections and bring the 97 to us! ❤️

• Agree 1

I have just mentioned it in the Confirmed Car thread, but there seems to be some confusion with regards to the "S4" designation. I have long understood the WRC97 to be the S4 and both the WRC98 and WRC99 to be classed as S5 (the car evolved but the Prodrive designation remained unchanged). 

In the last 12 months or so, I have seen several articles (and EWRC) start to refer to 1997 cars as S3, 1998 as S4 and 1999 as S5: I am still seeking clarification as to whether this is right or not (what I have been told thus far suggests it is not, but I am trying to find something official to back that up). 

I agree with @dani211212 in that the car in the video/images looks like a late 1998 car. I think Codemasters might be using the (potentially incorrect) "new" designation for the WRC98: they are saying S4, for what is actually an early S5. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have just mentioned it in the Confirmed Car thread, but there seems to be some confusion with regards to the "S4" designation. I have long understood the WRC97 to be the S4 and both the WRC98 and WRC99 to be classed as S5 (the car evolved but the Prodrive designation remained unchanged). 

In the last 12 months or so, I have seen several articles (and EWRC) start to refer to 1997 cars as S3, 1998 as S4 and 1999 as S5: I am still seeking clarification as to whether this is right or not (what I have been told thus far suggests it is not, but I am trying to find something official to back that up). 

I agree with @dani211212 in that the car in the video/images looks like a late 1998 car. I think Codemasters might be using the (potentially incorrect) "new" designation for the WRC98: they are saying S4, for what is actually an early S5. 

I think it is S4 but they named year after in 1999 S5 because they did another small changes to it + the livery was completely different to what we was used in 98 and 97. But if you look at the differences on my screens, you can see that 97 have slightly different front bumper, places of sponsors and someone mentioned also the rollcage, the 97 looks a bit better, 98 looks just a little different, but 99 is completely different with a new air inlet on roof, like this:

(S5) 99
image.png.95839bb469f1009c36499a082b55ae47.png

(S4) 98

image.thumb.png.e7e20834681a6b6852459d395801a3e0.png

And (S3) 97

image.thumb.png.0085205d70a5703520490a153ee4efbb.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

I think it is S4 but they named year after in 1999 S5 because they did another small changes to it + the livery was completely different to what we was used in 98 and 97. But if you look at the differences on my screens, you can see that 97 have slightly different front bumper, places of sponsors and someone mentioned also the rollcage, the 97 looks a bit better, 98 looks just a little different, but 99 is completely different with a new air inlet on roof, like this.

The information I have received most recently is, supposedly, a quote from a member of the Prodrive team (Dave Baker) who stated that Prodrive considered all the 1997-1999 cars as S5 and that both S3 and S4 were never used. 

This is partially supported by the specification list that Subaru WRC Spares have available, which lists the 1998 and 1999 cars as S5. I had a personal theory that this number was retained for two years as it would match the production version number for the JDM STi model in 1998 and 1999 (that is pure personal speculation though). 

I am hoping to get clarification on the above, as I'm really curious to know what designation is right...

...ultimately, although there might be a minor discrepancy, I am just overjoyed to see the GC8 WRCar in game (and not called 22B). 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

They will sell the same game again 😄 Why not?

It has happened with GRID with mixed reviews. If they do it with DR 2.0 next gen it needs to be done correctly.

This should clarify as to which year the car is from;

29 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

There seems to be some confusion on the "S4" @dani211212: I have long understood the WRC97 to be the S4 and both the WRC98 and WRC99 to be classed as S5 (the car evolved but the Prodrive designation remained unchanged). 

In the last 12 months or so, I have seen several articles (and EWRC) start to refer to 1997 cars as S3, 1998 as S4 and 1999 as S5: I am still seeking clarification as to whether this is right or not (what I have been told thus far suggests it is not, but I am trying to find something official). 

The car in the promo images...

DR2_McRae_SUBARU_ImprezaS4_2.jpg

DR2_McRae_SUBARU_ImprezaS4_6.jpg

...is using an "R" registration, which would suggest it is a 1998 car. It matches very neatly with "R14 WRC" (but changed to "R14 DR2"), a car McRae used late in 1998: 

fot_mcrae-sanremo%201998_01.jpg

I think Codemasters are using the (potentially incorrect) "new" designation for the WRC98: they are saying S4, for what is actually an early S5. But hey, at least they aren't saying 22B! 

TL:DR it's a late 1998 car - I don't blame Codies for picking this one as, although it might not be the exact spec of car that was in CMR1, it is a close approximation which happens to be from the year in which that first game was released.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Malling said:

TL:DR it's a late 1998 car - I don't blame Codies for picking this one as, although it might not be the exact spec of car that was in CMR1, it is a close approximation which happens to be from the year in which that first game was released.

the S5 debut in San Remo 1998 and Wales , as preparation for 99 season. thats nothing new.

Ford did same as 2005 introduced new generation of Focus in last round of 2005 WRC season Australia.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Malling said:

At least it's still the late Impreza from McRae years and still have the same livery, the wheels and other things except a slightly different rear and front bumper and sponsor decals in a little other places as well. But in general i'm super happy to have this because i missed it from CMR 2.0 and CMR 1, because in the next games CMR 3, 04, 2005 it was 22B.

Edited by KryspaPL
  • Like 2

But you know, when i look at this...

image.thumb.png.c92a4b3aff464b30b28163c60c734481.png

The front bumper look actually like 98 S4 which we will get now, but just the front decal is in different place. 😮

• Like 1

I see that in 97 the bumper was the same also, so just the decals was in different places, it really doesn't matter anymore, it's all the same. 🤣 And so cool we will get it, it is a proper car! ❤️

Edit: I mean ok only the rear is really different between 97 and 98 but yeah, in CMR 2.0 also the S4 appeared. 🙂

Edited by KryspaPL

21 minutes ago, KryspaPL said:

At least it's still the late Impreza from McRae years and still have the same livery, the wheels and other things except a slightly different rear and front bumper and sponsor decals in a little other places as well. But in general i'm super happy to have this because i missed it from CMR 2.0 and CMR 1, because in the next games CMR 3, 04, 2005 it was 22B.

It is not only decals and bumpers. The big change between S3/S4 and S5 is the roof vent. In older versions they were using double vents and in newer model they went for a one single roof vent. 

• Agree 1

Bear in mind that all car names are approved by the manufacturers, and I’d trust SUBARU to know which car it is 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3