F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Today i did First time used Japanese Co-driver, as German Co-Driver started to annoying me after so long time.

IT's so funny, i don't understand a word, but its sooo Funny, must try other language too :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

@PJTierney

Do you know if the “convertible” car bug where the car looks like a transformer halfway through transforming will ever be resolved? 

It's been on our to-do list for months but is a notoriously tricky bug to reproduce (and thus fix).

18 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Xbox. Never happened to me.

I had it once on Xbox, but going back to Main Menu and restarting the Stage cleared it up.

6 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Today i did First time used Japanese Co-driver, as German Co-Driver started to annoying me after so long time.

IT's so funny, i don't understand a word, but its sooo Funny, must try other language too 🙂

Try Irish:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

@PJTierney Speaking of co-drivers.. I keep reporting wrong notes in Italian in the bug forum, but to date not even one has been corrected, almost a year after the game was released.. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Deltone91 said:

@PJTierney Speaking of co-drivers.. I keep reporting wrong notes in Italian in the bug forum, but to date not even one has been corrected, almost a year after the game was released.. 

Your notes have been helpful and noted by the team 🙂 

Can't guarantee that they get updated but at least the team's aware, so thanks for the detailed reports.

• Agree 1

Incredible clasp of gold to an entire living legend like Mcrae. I would like for the next Dirt Rally, or whatever it’s called, to have these two Audis:

mejores-grupo-b-historia-audi-quattro-a1

wrc-rally-blomqvist-grupo-b-mouton-pikes

• Agree 3

I have a question. Why on  weekly or monthly events in Spain, in service area, i want to choose tyres and he says that there is both mix, rain or not. I choose tyres for rain but the stages they haven't rain or wet surfaces. 

• Agree 1

wow, that's the funniest onboard I've seen in my life!

so many quotables I can't put here because of the naughty words 😛

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It's been on our to-do list for months but is a notoriously tricky bug to reproduce (and thus fix).

I had it once on Xbox, but going back to Main Menu and restarting the Stage cleared it up.

Try Irish:

I have no idea why but to me that co-driver sounds like some sort of Irish mashup of Petter Solberg and Sebastian Vettel

:classic_laugh: That onboard is even better than the famous video with Samir! 

16 hours ago, Keko55 said:

Incredible clasp of gold to an entire living legend like Mcrae. I would like for the next Dirt Rally, or whatever it’s called, to have these two Audis:

mejores-grupo-b-historia-audi-quattro-a1

wrc-rally-blomqvist-grupo-b-mouton-pikes

Yeah, I'd certainly like to see the first one in a game. Weren't the first Quattro rally cars in Group A?

I think the first ones were Group 4. Closest thing to a Group A Quattro was the Coupe quattro (non-turbo, 4WD version of the B2 Coupe)

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

I think the first ones were Group 4. Closest thing to a Group A Quattro was the Coupe quattro (non-turbo, 4WD version of the B2 Coupe)

69cbc90d9260e2e3739804d5dff96d5a.jpg

Let's not forget the Audi 200 Quattro Group A 😎

didn't really know where to ask this but quick question, 

why is the "shakedown" option gone in time trial? 

2 hours ago, sqdstr said:

why is the "shakedown" option gone in time trial? 

Time Trial gives you infinite restarts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

I see, well, it's one of them that I'd like to see in a game then.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:37 PM, PJTierney said:

Yeah, restarting clears it up (even from the pause menu) but obviously when it's online stuff you can't do that.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

I see, well, it's one of them that I'd like to see in a game then.

They were pretty slow due to being naturally aspirated, at least in BRC they were outclassed by the Sierra Cosworths in ‘87. Audi Sport UK switched to the massive 200 turbo quattro for ‘88, which was still not the class of the field due to it being a barge 😂 Just think, the modern day equivalent to the 200 is an Audi A6!

But I digress, they still sounded pretty good as they had an inline-5 so I wouldn’t mind it being in a DiRT series game.

491F519F-7852-4F05-A9D5-24970AC3BBA8.jpeg

Can i get it confirmed by anyone else using h-pattern + clutch that the game autoblips for you and no need for heel&toe?

Don't really have that impression. That said i'm mostly using the Group B RWD right now, where if you don't heel toe is quite apparent and can make you lose control in a corner if you don'T do it

4 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

They were pretty slow due to being naturally aspirated, at least in BRC they were outclassed by the Sierra Cosworths in ‘87. Audi Sport UK switched to the massive 200 turbo quattro for ‘88, which was still not the class of the field due to it being a barge 😂 Just think, the modern day equivalent to the 200 is an Audi A6!

But I digress, they still sounded pretty good as they had an inline-5 so I wouldn’t mind it being in a DiRT series game.

491F519F-7852-4F05-A9D5-24970AC3BBA8.jpeg

I don't mind them being slower, the Group B one scares the heck out of me! It was the same in CMR, mad beast!

2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Can i get it confirmed by anyone else using h-pattern + clutch that the game autoblips for you and no need for heel&toe?

Not absolutly sure, but it doesn't seem to autoblip the throttle when you're using H pattern+clutch...

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, versedi said:

I'm back, got my wheel out of closet. It was all in dust even though wrapped in foil.

Hello everyone I knew, and Welcome everyone I didn't meet yet!

...you were gone?

On 1/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, LutzM said:

So some guys think it will be the last addition to that great game... so games get support for one year and then it's on to the next nowadays...would be sad!

Why not continue to add new locations & cars and earning money that way...

Because they can also just make a new title and potentially theoretically add in new features and engine improvements. It's not like Activision is starving for cash for releasing COD every year.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:28 AM, Johnnnn said:

Sounds cheap to me. You can sell it to 100k ppl. And then sell it again with next-gen or next game. Forza uses some cars for 15 years 😄 (some updated more, some less).

Factually false. Turn 10 scrapped everything and made from scratch for Forza 5 to match a new "standard" for the now current gen consoles. They may have kept some of the higher poly count Forza 4 cars, but there's a reason Forza 5 had 200 cars vs. Forza 4's 500, and Forza 7 has something like 700.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-why-forza-motorsport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4