DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

:o This is a very sad update to the thread. So much has happened since you first arrived and it's a damn shame that you aren't going to be overseeing the community as DiRT Rally continues to grow @justbiglee .

Truth be told I have spent very little time on any other game forum - so I have little in the way of comparison - but the unorthodox way you have approached the community, contributed to the development and allowed us to contribute to the development of DR has, in my opinion, made this a very unique place. It has also bought a lot of laughs (and a lot of frustration at times as well!).

Huge thanks for everything you've done at Codemasters, I can honestly say the place won't be the same without you, best of luck for whatever you have planned next.  

I think I'll need to think longer on what to say... :(

I'm really sad as your actions and approach to this needy DiRTy community made the DiRTy Gossip the best place on the internet.

Thank you for all you have done and for how hard you've fought for the game to be as community wished.

I'm sure you'll absolutely smash it wherever you go next. Best of luck Lee :)

P.S. I'll write a bit more later.

:(

Thanks for everything, good job, and you succeeded in making the best racing game ever, hope we'll see you around sometimes. I wish you all the best for the future.

Can we have this thread locked/closed after Thursday?  I think it would be appropriate, a new one can be started but this one should be preserved and untouched.

You did a great job as community manager and I wish you all the best in the future.

Good luck!

Sad to hear, you have been the leader of this community and have definitely helped shape what Dirt Rally has become so far.  Which for someone who had given up on sim racing, Dirt Rally has brought me back I never expected something like this to come out of nowhere.

Best of luck in the future, Lee.

Very sad to read this, Lee! You've done a great job here keeping us interested, and dropping the odd hint here and there. I hope you are moving on to another great job, you definitely deserve that! Thanks for everything!

@justbiglee very sad news :( Lee we loved the way u played with us, u are a truly amazing Community manager!! U made us getting closer to the developers/ the game DiRT Rally,
If i had to discribe you, you where the stroop between the stroopwafels ( cookies)

Lee we will stay in touch! and wish u the best! * huggsss * !  

Oh,come on now that F1 trainwreck is slowly killing Codemasters.How many more heads need to be taken to satisfy the higher-ups?People at Codemasters ,please call for the license to be dropped and use all the funds to create a new and improved Grid game.Plus a huge boost for Dirt Rally can be on cards.

Aww, sad to hear that you're going but hopefully it's for bigger and better things - will you be staying in the industry?

I'm only new around (April 28th, not coincidence) but have enjoyed interacting and your various things but I get the idea that you've played a good part in helping to mould this into the game we wanted and changing the path for the better, so thank you for that.

I echo the above call for this thread to be closed and a new one opened by the new poor soul in charge of 'managing' us.

Anyway, to prevent/delay/postpone our sadness, it would be only right for you to go out by giving us a massive hint about something. And yes, I'm going to tell the new guy that he'll need to introduce himself with more hints......

*ahem*

There was once a torturous troll always teasing and trolling his entire troll-y day in his own troll-y way...
Over time, a community developed around him, constantly trying to decipher his sayings, to separate the tease from the troll, to piece together the secrets that may or may not have been hidden there.
Eventually, the troll's DiRTy secret was out... the trolling died down, though the teasing didn't cease, and the community that had developed continued to expand and grow and you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, @justbiglee , it's sad to see you go. You're a real genius, knowing exactly when and how to tease, frustrate, console, comfort, joke, troll, troll, troll, and reveal information while gaining support rather than the anger some of those techniques usually earn.

We'll miss you greatly. Best of wishes to our favourite Torturous Troll, Community Manager, DiRTy Blogger, Beard Grower, Biscuit Stealer and Fan Of All Things Off-Road.

Wish you all the best with whatever you have lined up. And expect you to still be lurking and commenting around here long after you've ''left'' us. :wink: 

that's very sad news, I wish you all the best for your future endeavors :S

However, rest assured that you definitely pulled off one the best early access of a non-indy studio ever done. You set the bar for any future EA title and its already higher than most will ever reach.

And i'll miss your patch notes buddy! 

Farewell!

gfRally said:
Can we have this thread locked/closed after Thursday?  I think it would be appropriate, a new one can be started but this one should be preserved and untouched.
If that's what you OG's want.

Before DiRT Rally was released I was a lurker on the forums, I've always passed by here to check news regarding a new DiRT game and @justbiglee would always tease about it and left us puzzled but those were great times. :)
Then after the game got released, I signed up to this forums to join this great community.

Thank you for being great and hope for the best in the future. ;)

All the very best for the future. You've been an invaluable contributor to the success of DiRT Rally.

I'm old enough to remember playing game demos when they came in cassette tape form, stuck to the front cover of your favourite game magazine! I've been around a lot of early access titles and played in a lot of beta tests over the years. But, I have never felt like I actually made a difference to any of them until DiRT Rally happened.

This is the first early access title were I know the feed back we gave was actually heard and used, and this is entirely down to you @justbiglee. You have fought hard to make our voice heard and to fight our corner in order to shape the best rally game in years and for that I say thank you. You will be missed round here, no doubt about that and I wish you every success for the future.

Good luck and best wishes dude.

So long, goodbye and thank you for the fish. Ehm, the game. The support. Everything really. Missing you already.

Woa woa woa.

You're not closing the thread, it's the backbone of the community and took me ages to bully MVB into starting it.

This thread is like a national park, it's a protected institution and it's your job to maintain it.

You are not closing it you hear me?

Bunch of fannies 

(I love you guys too)

@justbiglee - all the best, Lee.  Can I ask why you're leaving (your own decision, or CM's?), and where are you going?

@justbiglee - all the best, Lee.  Can I ask why you're leaving (your own decision, or CM's?), and where are you going?
It was my decision, not an easy one mind. As for whats next for me I know it sounds weird but I don't want to bring that into the mix just yet, I want to enjoy my last few days at codies without having that conversation going on too.

I've seen a few community managers come and go. They have always been approachable, helpful and very friendly but you took it to a new level with the amount of community interaction. Long may it continue and good luck in your new endeavours :)