DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I see Jon Armstrong was at the PSRX workshop last night. I'm not intensely jealous. Much. 

24 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I see Jon Armstrong was at the PSRX workshop last night. I'm not intensely jealous. Much. 

• Haha 1

Unfortunately only 10 online events ..... 4 less and no monthly or weekly with DLC Cars
I am really very disappointed .....

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

Unfortunately only 12 online events ..... 4 less and no monthly or weekly with DLC Cars
I am really very disappointed .....

Slightly confused as to what you are referring to exactly? 

1 hour ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Slightly confused as to what you are referring to exactly? 

all the D+ Community Challenges are gone, and have not been replaced! presumably because Season 4 is over.

also, the Weekly and Monthly Bonus Community Challenges are no longer there, though there are now 3 Bonus Dailies. 

so now, if we want to use DLC content in My Team, it's either 1 of 3 Daily Challenges or Career mode.

put simply, there are far fewer Community Challenges in My Team:

• 3 Bonus Dailies
  • 2 Base game Dailies
  • 1 Base game Weekly Challenge
  • 1 Base game Monthly
  • 3 AI Challenges, same as always

could we at least get the Bonus (that use DLC) Weekly/Monthly back? and if possible, could the removed D+ Challenges be replaced by more of the Bonus ones? I'd like more opportunities to drive in the more recent locations and cars.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Do anyone know why they stopped using group b in the expert club?

R5 is generally more popular and for this "season" I wanted to replicate a WRC-like calendar, by starting at Monte Carlo, moving on to Sweden etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

R5 is generally more popular and for this "season" I wanted to replicate a WRC-like calendar, by starting at Monte Carlo, moving on to Sweden etc.

So you now have 2 R5 clubs instead of two different? You not even let the current season finish in that class?

Not cool.

I mean, R5s are cool and so on, but come on, at least let the season finish...but what do I say, eh? You guys do what you want anyway...

If the next DRChampionship are also R5s I get mad, @SkyRex 😩

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

So you now have 2 R5 clubs instead of two different? You not even let the current season finish in that class?

Not cool.

I mean, R5s are cool and so on, but come on, at least let the season finish...but what do I say, eh? You guys do what you want anyway...

I'm looking to start the next one once Scotland is added.

I think for this (since it'll be another multi-month Championship) I'll put some polls up so that people have a while to vote on a class 🙂 

[edit] I've just looked at the running order. Only this round is R5, the rest are Group B 4WD.

I'm guessing I set the wrong Class at the time I made these, as I did Standard and Expert at the same time 🙂 

image.png

• Like 1

So it actually finishes with Group B, ok.

I just don't see the point running two club championships with the same location order and the same car class.

It's cool if one of them is always R5, if it's the most popular class, but the other one should be always a different class.
Even if it is a different class in every rally within a season. Still better as having two R5-championships.

I know, I could do my own club and do what I want, but...err...I...I'm lazy as hell 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The winner of DRC gets the opportunity to choose the class for next season, so now you know what to do 😀

7 hours ago, ianism said:

all the D+ Community Challenges are gone, and have not been replaced! presumably because Season 4 is over.

also, the Weekly and Monthly Bonus Community Challenges are no longer there, though there are now 3 Bonus Dailies. 

so now, if we want to use DLC content in My Team, it's either 1 of 3 Daily Challenges or Career mode.

put simply, there are far fewer Community Challenges in My Team:

• 3 Bonus Dailies
  • 2 Base game Dailies
  • 1 Base game Weekly Challenge
  • 1 Base game Monthly
  • 3 AI Challenges, same as always

could we at least get the Bonus (that use DLC) Weekly/Monthly back? and if possible, could the removed D+ Challenges be replaced by more of the Bonus ones? I'd like more opportunities to drive in the more recent locations and cars.

Fortunately, a few events have been added and there are now 13 online events

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Guys, they added more monthlies/weeklies 😄

he's right! they must have added them sometime today 🙂

what we had until this morning:

• Bonus: 2 Dailies, 1 Weekly, 1 Monthly
  • Base game: 3 Dailies, 1 Weekly, 1 Monthly
  • D+ 1 Daily, 1 Weekly, 1 Monthly

this morning it changed to:

• Bonus: 3 Dailies
  • Base: 2 Dailies, 1 Weekly, 1 Monthly

now, it is:

• Bonus: 3 Dailies, 2 Weeklies, 1 Monthly
  • Base: 2 Dailies, 1 Weekly, 1 Monthly

love it, even if the current classes and locations aren't quite what I was hoping for :classic_ninja:😂

• Like 2

Just a quick word on this and where we're at:

• Season 4 has essentially ended now. There will be no more D+ Events once the current ones close.
  • The standard Events will continue.
  • There will be 3 Bonus Daily Challenges.
  • There will be 2 Bonus Weekly Challenges.
  • There will be 1 Bonus Monthly Challenge.

• Like 5

Has there been somekind of upgrade about logic of choosing events? I have driven tons of h2fwd, r2, r5 and rallycross events. Almost all rallycross events even were on same tracks. Now i finally saw 2000cc weekly and rc on some german track i havent driven before. Events have been very much same, like we had h2fwd weekly on australia last week and we have one on australia this week, not good. I have touched My 2000cc cars three times before todays weekly, but i have maxed out couple r5:s, and front wheel drives. Same with countries, now i finally saw couple dailys on sweden and wales, there is also like 20 events in spain versus one in monte.

H2rwd in NZ was very cool also!

Why we dont have any rallycross events with old cars? Somekind of licencing problem? Modern cars are so boring, i dont even know of im driving my 2018 of 2019 Peugeot 208.

Siirry about ranting, im just curious why i see repentive patttern on events 😄

Is there something going on? I played earlier and everything was fine, now i tried to start monthly a group in poland and it stuttered like never before on shakedown. Stopped and tested stages i had played previously and they stutter too. I havent changed nothing in my computer or game settings and everything seems to be fine. I find the game unplayable now.

53 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Well, considering there is no real rally version of the M2 I’d be very surprised if anyone had ‘Seen it for real’ 😉 If we’re getting more dream cars in the next DiRT can we get a modern day interpretation of Group A - but with cars like Mk7 Golf R, Hyundai i30N, Mk3 Focus RS, Mk3 Audi S3, Mk2 Peugeot 308 GTI, all with 4WD (so not modern day Group A really) and a 2.0l turbo 😜

• Haha 1

The M2 Competition exists in real life, but I don't think it's been entered in R-GT yet (they only had the Porsche and Abarth in the 2019 season).