Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

They mention it in the program, but he is the only person outside the McRae family to drive the car since it won the Championship. The car has been a museum piece for years. 

Could be wrong but did chris hoy not drive it as part of a mcrae documentary a few years ago for bbc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I imagine there's big insurance costs associated with driving museum pieces like these.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TRLAxeman said:

Could be wrong but did chris hoy not drive it as part of a mcrae documentary a few years ago for bbc 

Think he drove N555BAT for that @TRLAxeman

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

It was N555BAT with L555BAT numberplates if I remember rightly @sqdstr. You can tell by the roof vent. 

 

What's the difference between those 3 cars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

What's the difference between those 3 cars?

L555BAT is the car Colin won the 1995 title with and, as far as I am aware, is still in period specification @UnderclassGDfan. N555BAT is a slightly later Group A car, it has had multiple owners and been used (crashed!) and modified a bit over the years. 

N555BAT is currently owned by Ryan Champion (in the UK), who has had the car repainted in period colours. It has a couple of obvious "wrong" bits on it though; specifically the WRC style single roof vent and mid-level spoiler. 

28020251332_38fa5769d3_b.jpg

I believe N555BAT is the car Codemasters recorded for the Group A Impreza in DiRT Rally. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N555BAT was at the studio on launch day.

 

image.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

N555BAT was at the studio on launch day.

 

image.png

Ah, he has fitted the correct spoiler now! Just that roof to sort out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, gleylancer571 said:

 

I've clearly not made that flame big enough...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tbtstt said:

L555BAT is the car Colin won the 1995 title with and, as far as I am aware, is still in period specification @UnderclassGDfan. N555BAT is a slightly later Group A car, it has had multiple owners and been used (crashed!) and modified a bit over the years. 

N555BAT is currently owned by Ryan Champion (in the UK), who has had the car repainted in period colours. It has a couple of obvious "wrong" bits on it though; specifically the WRC style single roof vent and mid-level spoiler.

Are these the only 2 cars from that era or is it just a thing with these numberplates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Are these the only 2 cars from that era or is it just a thing with these numberplates?

Prodrive built over 50 Group A Imprezas @UnderclassGDfan, with all the works team cars running "555" numberplates (apart from McRae in 1996, who ran "N1 WRC" that season). 

It is quite hard to be specific with the history some cars, as it is known that numberplates sometimes hopped between cars and some were dismantled in order to reshell others. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gossip related, but I've gotten yet another championship reset because of "discrepancies". This is the second time in a week, and it has happened a handful of times since game launch to me. Is there a way to prevent this from happening at all? It's not game breaking but hell, I was second in my masters r5 championship after 3 rounds 😞

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AnegloPlz said:

Not gossip related, but I've gotten yet another championship reset because of "discrepancies". This is the second time in a week, and it has happened a handful of times since game launch to me. Is there a way to prevent this from happening at all? It's not game breaking but hell, I was second in my masters r5 championship after 3 rounds 😞

I would say it is game breaking. What platform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

I would say it is game breaking. What platform?

Pc. Right now i he server is very unstable to me. I triple checked whether my internet connection is ok, but it seems fine...Just did a daily and I get again the connection failed message upon uploading the time on the leaderboard. Now this is gamebreaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Solberg Livery Challenges were unfortunately only three days long

It would be very nice to make this livery available to everyone
After a while, the BMW M2 became available to everyone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The Solberg Livery Challenges were unfortunately only three days long

It would be very nice to make this livery available to everyone
After a while, the BMW M2 became available to everyone


 

Will be, already confirmed 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Will be, already confirmed  

 
Where do we confirm that?

 
Edited by gleylancer571

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:
 

Where do we confirm that?


 

Right here.

Current plan (subject to change) is Version 1.14

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Right here.

Current plan (subject to change) is Version 1.14 

 
I see nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We're on version 1.12 right now

Edited by RookieOne
stupid typo
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 
And I haven't found any details about version 1.14 yet, so I wonder where the liveries should be confirmed
 
By the way, it would be very nice if the DLC cars got more liveries
These cars have far too few, some only 4

 
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×