DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

12 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

@ianism

Why do you only have 1.8 million credits?

because I have almost every car in the game, with all of the upgrades. I've had all the staff upgrades for at least 9 months. so I have no more big expenses.

as a result, I've bought many of the recent DLC cars from the dealership (the ones I can get new with 0km on the odometer). this includes the 2019 RX cars, which are like 800K each after upgrades.

I also haven't played as much since the start of Season 3. even now, I'm playing 3-4 other games concurrently.

• Thanks 1

Since the Assistance Tab has a spambot right now, I port this here.
I just raced like hell in Hell to get the Achievement of winning a FIA RX Final, no assists, 100 AI.

And I did win:
20200328094938_1.thumb.jpg.52f1a2e5182b79de8562689cd3b43c84.jpg

But when the Results where shown, the overall event got a 3rd:

20200328094942_1.thumb.jpg.f8fab61d09a0d56e9117a088352ee41f.jpg

This is unbelieveably frustrating! How can this even happen, the event result IS EXACTLY the result of the final race! There is no conversion or anything needed.

Where did you qualify in the intermediate standings @SkyRex?

I am trying to remember for certain if the result shown for your qualifying race(s) are where you finished in the individual race or where you finished overall in that qualifying round. 

You might have won all four qualifying races, but if your times weren't that quick you won't have got that many points at the intermediate stage? 

• Agree 2

So I have a question: Why is it that I don't see a podium sequence when I come second or third in an event? It's always that 'car and team dismally lurking somewhere far away from the podium' sequence...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Where did you qualify in the intermediate standings @SkyRex?

I am trying to remember for certain if the result shown for your qualifying race(s) are where you finished in the individual race or where you finished overall in that qualifying round. 

You might have won all four qualifying races, but if your times weren't that quick you won't have got that many points at the intermediate stage? 

10th x3 and 11th in the 4th Qualifier.

But those points don't matter as long as you reach the final, right? That's the whole point of a final

Edited by SkyRex

Posted (edited)

Nope. That is not how rallycross works. Winning final does not guarantee you win the event since it's decided on points. And since the random times in qualifying are often severely mismatched and way faster than the AI drivers in your heat you often lose lots of points in qualifying even if you drive well for your level.

I usually win every heat but don't even qualify for semi-finals because the random times are 8-20 seconds faster than the AI drivers in my heat. Kinda made me stop bothering with offline rallycross

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

So I have a question: Why is it that I don't see a podium sequence when I come second or third in an event? It's always that 'car and team dismally lurking somewhere far away from the podium' sequence... 

Yes, unfortunately this is the case with the Dirt Rally 2.0 so that the drivers do not enjoy a second or third place .....
That's one of the things that Codemasters still have to change, but it won't change

Another Problem/Bug :

If you use the handbrake, it can happen that if you want to accelerate the car again, the speed drops to ZERO or your car only drives 2km / h even though you are going full throttle.
I have had this very often and it is particularly annoying in online events because you cannot start again.
This problem occurs on every route and in every car

40 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

10th x3 and 11th in the 4th Qualifier.

But those points don't matter as long as you reach the final, right? That's the whole point of a final

As @HoksuHoo says, the scoring (and thus final placing) for a rallycross event is based on your results at the intermediate stage (after all four qualifying heats), semi final and final.

I can't remember if it was in the Gossip thread or posted elsewhere, but I recall a few people having to do it a couple of times to get the trophy to pop. 

Daft question, but have you definitely got all the assists (including external cameras) disabled? 

Posted (edited)

So I did it again, finally got the last RX Trophy.

Turns out, when you use the 2018 cars, the AI qualifier times are much less fantastical than in the 2019. This time I won two of them and had 2nd & 3rd in the other two, leaving qualifier round with an overall lead. Also I used the cockpit view, with the actual wheel visible, not sure that made a difference.
But in any case, the description is wrong. The trophy is not about winning the final, but about winning the whole event.

EDIT: On the Trophy hunt today, I captured what is needed for the new secret trophy introduced with FLAT OUT.

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

Due to the time change, I now have one hour more time for the daylies
I like that

:classic_biggrin:

Technically you have the same amount of time, 24 hours 😉 

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That's right, but if I have a lunch break at 11:00 am, I have at least 30 minutes
When the events close at 11:00 am I have no time for it
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Not exactly true, today has 23 hours 😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

in case anyone wants to see what the Argentina stages look like in real life. the in-game stages are Las Juntas and Valle de los Puentes, in that order and direction. too bad cm cut it in half, but hopefully in the next game we can do the whole thing.

it's a bit annoying that they keep cutting to the camera that looks at the interior of the car, but you can clearly see how good a job CM did recreating the stage. including how rough it is...

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
Unfortunately there are no such sections in Dirt  

And that's why I really like the Argentina Rally in WRC 8

another Nice Video

Edited by gleylancer571

On 3/28/2020 at 8:57 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Yes, unfortunately this is the case with the Dirt Rally 2.0 so that the drivers do not enjoy a second or third place .....
That's one of the things that Codemasters still have to change, but it won't change

Crazy weird, that. I mean, how much work would it be to adapt the first-place podium animation to a second and third? An hour maybe? It seems small, but it's rather dispiriting to come second, and your reward is seeing your team hanging around the back of the event like they're some dudes who snuck in to get autographs and got rejected. I've never seen this omission in a racing game before, ever.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

Unfortunately there are no such sections in Dirt  

And that's why I really like the Argentina Rally in WRC 8

what are you talking about?! the video i posted is of the exact roads DR2 uses, they laser scanned them. the in-game stages are Las Juntas and Valle de los puentes (in that order and direction). it's El Condor in real life of course. WRC 8 stages are imaginary: they took sections of several different Argentina stages and stuck them together, with invented sections too

all the WRC 8 stages are like this. it means they were able to put more landmarks and stuff on the stages, but all the DR2 ones are exact copies of real life roads. so there actually are "such sections" in Dirt. whereas in the WRC series there are not.

you can like the WRC series stages more if you want, but they aren't real.

image.thumb.png.fbae39922fa0d7ea40685cc443c3f6ab.png

Edited by ianism

My point is that at the dirt rally in Argentina and Monte Carlo you drive almost exclusively on the mountain.
Both have rallies

The diversity of the two rallies is better recorded in the WRC 8
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Crazy weird, that. I mean, how much work would it be to adapt the first-place podium animation to a second and third? An hour maybe? It seems small, but it's rather dispiriting to come second, and your reward is seeing your team hanging around the back of the event like they're some dudes who snuck in to get autographs and got rejected. I've never seen this omission in a racing game before, ever.

rickybobby-2.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

What's that, a catchphrase?

The room's starting to spin... from all the gayness

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Well come on, second place is just first loser. Who shows up to an asskicking contest?