DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rain on 7 out of the 10 stages in the weekly group b in scotland. It would be fine if you had added the posibility to "showers" to the track aswell but heavy rain on 70% of the stages are just stupid...

• Agree 1

@Codemasters
Thank you for the new weekly events but there are far too many R2 events !!!

There were already 2 monthly R2 now that is just boring and no fun.

I want more events with DLC Cars

What do you guys think about the new 2022 wrc regulations coming?

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/what---s-behind-the-wrc---s-new-2022-regulations-/

seems the new cars are getting built much closer to the r5 cars.

less complex suspension, nomore liquidcooled breaks, nomore centre diff.

I do like it when the technical side is more regulated and the pure rallying skills decide who gets the results.

so no fords beeing left behind for example 😂

lets discuss! Really interessted in your opinions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Loeinc said:

What do you guys think about the new 2022 wrc regulations coming?

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/what---s-behind-the-wrc---s-new-2022-regulations-/

seems the new cars are getting built much closer to the r5 cars.

less complex suspension, nomore liquidcooled breaks, nomore centre diff.

I do like it when the technical side is more regulated and the pure rallying skills decide who gets the results.

so no fords beeing left behind for example 😂

lets discuss! Really interessted in your opinions.

They're keeping the bonkers aero, that makes me happy. 🙂 

(anyhoo, WRC thread for this)

7 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Rain on 7 out of the 10 stages in the weekly group b in scotland. It would be fine if you had added the posibility to "showers" to the track aswell but heavy rain on 70% of the stages are just stupid...

yeah, there seems to be an issue with the algorithm that picks stage conditions for Scotland. in the previous weekly event every stage except 1 was in the heavy rain (8 out of 9). it doesn't help that the only weather option at Dusk is rain, but still.

also, none of the 4 Weekly Bonus events since Scotland came out have had even one night stage.

Posted (edited)
For me, variety is much more important in the weekly and monthly events
In February there was a monthly R2 and in March too !!
R2 was also well represented at the weekly events.

There must now be more DLC events, more as events with basic content, and anyone who has not bought any DLC is out of luck!

My point!
I paid for the DLCs so I would like to use them in the events.
Or the number of events is increased and only filled with DLC.
Two more DLC events would do, one monthly and one weekly

The fact that it rains a lot in Scotland does not bother me and I also believe that it is very typical of Scotland
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The fact that it rains a lot in Scotland does not bother me and I also believe that it is very typical of Scotland

It does not bother you because you dont drive in cockpit view. Take a look here and see how the weather forecast looks for the upcoming week in perth and kinross https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gfj8cfqv3#?date=2020-04-01

1 hour ago, ianism said:

yeah, there seems to be an issue with the algorithm that picks stage conditions for Scotland. in the previous weekly event every stage except 1 was in the heavy rain (8 out of 9). it doesn't help that the only weather option at Dusk is rain, but still.

also, none of the 4 Weekly Bonus events since Scotland came out have had even one night stage.

If they could only add shower and light rain instead of heavy rain only. I mean its in the game so it should be possible but there must be some reason to why they didnt do it?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know why but we are waiting for the upcoming Scotland rallies.
Maybe already at the next monthly event

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)

I don't know what you always have with your rain?
In dirt rally it is like in real life sometimes it rains a lot and sometimes there are lots of dry ones or it is changeable.

You have to take the weather as it is and you already get somtimes other weather in Scotland

The video just shows how beautiful the Scotland Rally is
Edited by gleylancer571

CM can arrange in a daily we have 1 restricted car. Why can't we have that in clubs?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, somethingthing said:

It does not bother you because you dont drive in cockpit view.

What is it with all you people who think you are the only one on the planet that drives in cockpit view?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, nbates66 said:

What is it with all you people who think you are the only one on the planet that drives in cockpit view?

I recently read a thread where he said he dont drive in cockpit view..

Edited by somethingthing

9 hours ago, somethingthing said:

I recently read a thread where he said he dont drive in cockpit view..

It's just every time i read that sort of thing (and the rain complaints) it reeks of the thinking pattern "oh if there was no external cameras I'd be better than these external camera noobs" But the truth is - It would make no difference.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, nbates66 said:

It's just every time i read that sort of thing (and the rain complaints) it reeks of the thinking pattern "oh if there was no external cameras I'd be better than these external camera noobs" But the truth is - It would make no difference.

The truth is that anything else than internal camera is only wet surface. Its not about people being faster or not with internal/external, its about the rain being way overdone and limit the view too much. Thats my issue and not if people are faster or not with internal or external view.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nbates66 said:

image.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

its about the rain being way overdone and limit the view too much.

Compared to what exactly? I mean perhaps it'd be nice if the rain IRL didn't obscure things as badly as it does but Reality doesn't give a stuff about what would be nice, as far as Dirt Rally 2.0's rain goes the main windshield seems ok to me, from both VR and non-VR perspective though there is certainly room for improvement to the sophistication of it's implementation, besides that the visibility through the side windows *maybe?* seems always fixed to a high speed effect but I'd be more interested in them restoring the puddle-pull effects from DiRT4 before focusing on that if possible.(and of course tarmac handling)

Edited by nbates66
  • Agree 1

Got to say, Outer Wilds doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, surprised Dirt Rally 2.0 got nothing.

30 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Got to say, Outer Wilds doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, surprised Dirt Rally 2.0 got nothing.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I daresay awards change very little, but it would have been nice to have seen a game I consider to be very good receive some recognition. 

I hope DR2.0 appearing on PS Plus next month at least wins a few more fans over. 

Being nominated is its own reward and a testament to the hard work and passion everybody at Codemasters put into creating and supporting the game. 🙂 

Let's not forget that hundreds of games are released by UK studios every year, and fewer than 10 were on the shortlist. Not even F1 2019 (which was in my opinion the best F1 game ever made) was on that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

I'm not surprised. Outer Wilds has that annoying Portland Oregon beanie wearing eco hipster craft beer kind of vibe. Found it really annoying, hence it's not a surprise that arts bureacrats saw fit to give it an award.

They would have seen DR2.0 as 'just another racing game' without any appreciation of what a watershed moment it truly is in playable simulations.

Edit: having noted PJ's comment above, perhaps it did get some decent recognition after all.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1