DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)
There are now 16 events, half of them with DLC content
I hope there will still be 16 events
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

With many new players coming in thanks to PlayStation, the dev team have added a bunch of Bonus Events so that everybody can sample the DLC content 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I hope that as many people as possible buy the DLCs, maybe there will be more DLCs events
Anyway, you should keep 16

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

In the vehicle description of the Fiat 131 is missing that Walter Röhrl became world champion

the game is not licensed to use his name. if you notice in the Colin McRae section, it says things like "Swedish teammate" and "Finnish/Spanish rival" to mean Kenneth Eriksson, Carlos Sainz and Tommi Mäkinen.

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:
I hope that as many people as possible buy the DLCs, maybe there will be more DLCs events Anyway, you should keep 16

I'm planning on getting it for PS4, along with several friends of mine (who are German). I'll probably get the Year Pass too, it's only C$27 and I can play online with them.

I probably can't download it though, as the monthly limit in the place I am staying for the lockdown is just 125GB 😂😭

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

With many new players coming in thanks to PlayStation, the dev team have added a bunch of Bonus Events so that everybody can sample the DLC content 🙂 

What about the Hyundai @PJTierney? Will everyone get to sample that? 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ianism said:

the game is not licensed to use his name. if you notice in the Colin McRae section, it says things like "Swedish teammate" and "Finnish/Spanish rival" to mean Kenneth Eriksson, Carlos Sainz and Tommi Mäkinen. 

That is not completly correct
In the text by Opel Ascona, Röhrl's second World Cup title with the Ascona is mentioned
And on Audi Group B there is also W. Roehrl and the right co-driver
The Fiat is his only car where his name is not mentioned
the Liverie and the start number are those of Röhrls Auto
Edited by gleylancer571

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yes,thats we want! More game from the best game! 

Posted (edited)

would only be nice if the server were better
now 100% down again
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

would only be nice if the server were better
now 100% down again

The same for me. I can't connect at all. 

yeah it took me 45 mins just to upload a daily challenge result. ugh.

maybe it's dealing with overload because DR2 is now free for PS Plus members, so there's probably thousands of people downloading and playing the game right now. I don't know if or how that would affect the racenet servers: it's just a guess because this has been happening for the last hour, which is about exactly when it became free

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ianism said:

yeah it took me 45 mins just to upload a daily challenge result. ugh.

maybe it's dealing with overload because DR2 is now free for PS Plus members, so there's probably thousands of people downloading and playing the game right now. I don't know if or how that would affect the racenet servers: it's just a guess because this has been happening for the last hour, which is about exactly when it became free

Im pretty sure the download goes trough Sonys servers and people downloading has nothing to do with the issues right now. Just imagine patch days otherwise. Servers have been slow for the last 2-3 hours aswell  🙂

Edited by somethingthing

Reminder, we have a thread for posting about server connectivity:

12 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

NMS had a non-linear story that you discover at your own pace. But anyhow, NMS missing nominations (unjustly in my opinion) does not render a different game unworthy.

No Mans Sky has a nomination for "Continued support" or something. And maybe they changed it at some point, but it absolutely did not have a non-linear story. There was barely anything and no reasoning behind anything. You don't learn any mysteries, don't gain a deeper understanding of anything, there was no mechanics or world building or anything. You just get to the center of the galaxy and reset and that was it.

12 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Citizen Kane and Vertigo were overly awarded melodramas. Chinatown was an overly awarded mystery-noir. And they're incredibly boring by today's standards. (sarc)

The idea that a simulator can not by default win a 'best game' award is seriously misguided. Cinema has no player agency, so art takes precedence for its merit. Games on the other hand feature player agency. Art is one measure of a games' success, but has no relevance to a game that strives to give the player an out-of-body experience. The latter can still make for a truly great game, whereas a movie that is merely a camera placed in a rally car does not make a great film.

Haven't seen them.

The point has flown completely over your head. A simulator is not, will not, should not ever be game of the year. It will never challenge anything about anything or have any relevance or meaningful impact, or move the industry forward, or anything. You want it to win because you enjoyed it, fine. It's your game of the year, fine. The community and global reception at large really couldn't give less of a **** about it. Why didn't Until Dawn win Game of the Year?

Posted (edited)

I want to play the game but the server is still down

Dirt Rally 2.0 has an online obligation, otherwise you cannot play it. In return, I expect Codemasters to have access to the game

Edited by gleylancer571

Posted (edited)

😄

Edited by somethingthing
deleted post but for some reason i cant delete the smiley. Put that on the list of bugs.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Haven't seen them.

You may wish to, before making sweeping statements about great films, as they are generally recognised as the three greatest of all time (give or take) 

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

A simulator is not, will not, should not ever be game of the year. It will never challenge anything about anything or have any relevance or meaningful impact, or move the industry forward, or anything. You want it to win because you enjoyed it, fine. It's your game of the year, fine. The community and global reception at large really couldn't give less of a **** about it.

An utterly absurd statement with zero argument as its basis. I'll let it speak for itself. 

Edited by Jake Cushing

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

You may wish to, before making sweeping statements about great films, as they are generally recognised as the three greatest of all time (give or take) 

Where did I make a sweeping statement about great films? I specifically mentioned the two that you did, and that slasher movies should never be film of the year or whatever.

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

An utterly absurd statement with zero argument as its basis. I'll let it speak for itself. 

No, it's entirely an argument, one that you fail to properly counter-argue. Why should it be game of the year? Because the physics are more stable than the prior entry? Okay, great. So what? You literally give zero reason as to why it should be outside of "There's no reason it couldn't be."

This has dragged on far too long and you don't give any reasoning for anything.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Where did I make a sweeping statement about great films? I specifically mentioned the two that you did, and that slasher movies should never be film of the year or whatever.

No, it's entirely an argument, one that you fail to properly counter-argue. Why should it be game of the year? Because the physics are more stable than the prior entry? Okay, great. So what? You literally give zero reason as to why it should be outside of "There's no reason it couldn't be."

This has dragged on far too long and you don't give any reasoning for anything.

Sigh... JZ you're actually completely ignoring the arguments I've already given, eg player agency in games vs film, simulators consequently not being inherently disqualified, reasons why 2.0 is a watershed, etc etc. I do agree this has dragged on for too long. I'm just not finding any of your comments to be intellectually stimulating, sorry. They basically amount to 'I don't agree because I feel differently'.

You've also shifted your own goalposts. You've gone from "a simulator (like DR2.0) should inherently never win an award as best game" to now "explain specifically why DR2.0 should win over all other games this year". The former was an interesting point to debate, but as I've said, you seem unable to engage with the arguments.

As for movies, you've loftily proclaimed 2001 unworthy of a best picture nomination because you consider it 'boring' (and ignored the point about it being a genre picture, in this case science fiction). But you've never seen the three films that are most widely regarded as the greatest of all time. Again, what's the point?

Here, I tell you what. Let me put it this way:

"Hey everyone, JZ believes one game must always be better than another because it has a storyline and the other doesn't"

Edited by Jake Cushing

DR2 has a storyline though:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's certainly non-linear

20 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Im pretty sure the download goes trough Sonys servers and people downloading has nothing to do with the issues right now. Just imagine patch days otherwise. Servers have been slow for the last 2-3 hours aswell  🙂

oh that's for sure, but I was thinking that maybe this had some sort of knock-on effect on racenet. maybe with many people signing up or something. 

just a hypothesis of course, because it's a weird coincidence.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

VIDEO: Samir.... You're breaking the car!!!

Hmm, but we do miss the trophy/achievement for it.... or is there one? 😄 

For me, the subaru impreza s4 drives very well, it can be steered extremely precisely and lies like a board on the road or gravel
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Sigh... JZ you're actually completely ignoring the arguments I've already given, eg player agency in games vs film, simulators consequently not being inherently disqualified, reasons why 2.0 is a watershed, etc etc. I do agree this has dragged on for too long. I'm just not finding any of your comments to be intellectually stimulating, sorry. They basically amount to 'I don't agree because I feel differently'.

You've also shifted your own goalposts. You've gone from "a simulator (like DR2.0) should inherently never win an award as best game" to now "explain specifically why DR2.0 should win over all other games this year". The former was an interesting point to debate, but as I've said, you seem unable to engage with the arguments.

As for movies, you've loftily proclaimed 2001 unworthy of a best picture nomination because you consider it 'boring' (and ignored the point about it being a genre picture, in this case science fiction). But you've never seen the three films that are most widely regarded as the greatest of all time. Again, what's the point?

"Hey everyone, JZ believes one game must always be better than another because it has a storyline and the other doesn't"

You suck at arguing or making a cohesive point. Player agency applies to literally almost every game. Why would that be a qualification solely for simulators when it's also required in Animal Crossing or Doom? Bad point, it serves your argument no meaning. You have done literally nothing to argue as to why DR2, or any racing game, would win GOTY compared to the entirety of games released.

You're completely misrepresenting what I said. I said Batman was overhyped and 2001 was a technical marvel. What in the actual ****? The genre? Mention to me a horror/slasher flick that won Oscars, I never said SciFi couldn't win one. So you tried to prove me wrong by sideskirting my argument. You suck at argument. Then you mention 3 movies that also sideskirt anything relevant. And after looking it up, I have watched Chinatown actually. Jack Nicholson films are hard to find.

Then you make a straw man argument.

"Hey everyone, Jake believes one game must always be better because of reasons he can't argue that don't apply to the entire medium at large, and then he'll make straw man arguments, sideskirt the actual argument, misrepresent what you said entirely, completely miss the point, say you've shifted the goal posts for bringing it back to the original topic, and then tell you that you're stupid."

• Haha 2