F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)

Is there any hope of getting either a real livery for the Focus MK2, the Texaco livery from Grid for the Sierra, the proper colored roll bar for the Impreza 95 or a BRC 92 look alike for the Legacy?

Edited by macebig

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If anyone fancies a little spin round Wales and Scotland, here's a Club for you 🙂 

Name of the club? Maybe? 😆

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

37 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Name of the club? Maybe? 😆

Should be in the tweet.

Posted (edited)

Actually nvm if he deleted the tweet

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

If anyone fancies a little spin round Wales and Scotland, here's a Club for you 🙂 

but there's nothing in your post other than that text...

37 minutes ago, ianism said:

but there's nothing in your post other than that text...

Hmm..

Looks like he deleted the tweet. 🤔

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I play with the PS4 in Germany the server is still very fast

Today has been pretty smooth, saw minimal connection issues be reported.

Hopefully it stays like this 🙂 

• Agree 2

Unfortunately, the weekly and monthly events are very boring again.

For the third time in a row R2 and two H2 Fwd
I am very satisfied with the fact that there are RX events every day.
 I am not a fan of RX but still very good at bringing all cars to engine mapping 6

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

More R-GT online events would be nice. It's almost nonexistent in online events despite being a vanilla class. Why? Those are awesome cars too. H1, H2, R2, R5 have events every week but R-GT events are really rare

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Unfortunately, the weekly and monthly events are very boring again.

For the third time in a row R2 and two H2 Fwd
I am very satisfied with the fact that there are RX events every day.
 I am not a fan of RX but still very good at bringing all cars to engine mapping 6

I think they are biasing it towards the lower classes at the moment because of all the new players from PS Plus who just started playing and only have the base game.

personally, H2 FWD is one of my favourite classes. I don't really know why haha I just like driving both cars very much

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Flykas said:

assetto corsa, iRacing

Neither of those games are good simulators though. iRacing in particular is getting a lot of air time right now because drivers can't actually race so they're literally broadcasting iRacing instead, and the drivers are all talking **** about it and how poorly it drives.

ACC just got a new tire model, yet again, that's now on par with Forza so you might not just randomly spin any time you touch a curb.

7 hours ago, SkyRex said:

I would suggest you go out and drive a real car fast on loose surfaces, like snow, and compare that to RBR and to DR2, to judge who is closer to reality.
Also, notice how I said exclude tarmac? Nobodys arguing DR2's tarmac physics are true sim and if you compare it to AC it loses badly, sure.  You're comparing apples to papayas here.

But try this: drive a lap in AC only on the grass, not on the tarmac. Do that with a real car in the real world. And then do it in DR2.

Ha! Jokes on you! DR2 doesn't have grass surfaces! You're comparing apples to papayas here.

5 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Metric units in speedometers

Pretty sure they've said before that it's based on the car model they actually get in to replicate. Still wouldn't hurt to do a texture swap on the dials and change the speedo needle though. Although in either case 95% of the time I can't see the panel or use dash cam, so it's floating HUD.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ianism said:

I think they are biasing it towards the lower classes at the moment because of all the new players from PS Plus who just started playing and only have the base game.

personally, H2 FWD is one of my favourite classes. I don't really know why haha I just like driving both cars very much

It is important to me that other vehicle classes are driven and not just R2 and H2 FWD

Edited by gleylancer571

46 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Pretty sure they've said before that it's based on the car model they actually get in to replicate. Still wouldn't hurt to do a texture swap on the dials and change the speedo needle though. Although in either case 95% of the time I can't see the panel or use dash cam, so it's floating HUD.

I wasn't clear enough I suppose. I was referring to every single digital speedometer being in mph, they should use the units the real car uses which isn't the case.

1 hour ago, ianism said:

Sounds logical.

Also in April you should be seeing more Bonus Events than normal, as we give new players a chance to sample DLC.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
My criticism is only that the vehicle classes are repeated too often for the third time in a row R2!
Monthly R2 events and also weekly R2 events were far too many.

Filling the Monthly Bonus Event for (this month) with R2 was a bad foul
There are also far too many R5 events - seen over the past few weeks.

So what does that have to do with the fact that many are now starting the game?
Answer NOTHING
In addition, there have been an above-average number of 4WD and RWD events in Group B in the past few weeks,
 for beginners? 

Conclusion The monthly and weekly events have to be more varied
We have 13 different rally vehicle classes and the monthly ones were mostly only R2, R5 and F2 Kitcar
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1

@gleylancer571

I didn't touched the monthlies since summer, except a few exceptions to test if the car statistics bug ist still present.
Can't do them, it just annoys me too much.

I thought of making a bug report again, but they didn't fixed it the first few attempts, so I gave up.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sounds logical.

Also in April you should be seeing more Bonus Events than normal, as we give new players a chance to sample DLC.

aren't the bonus events only for people who own that specific DLC?

I thought it was the Promo events that allow people to try out locations they don't own?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ianism said:

aren't the bonus events only for people who own that specific DLC?

I thought it was the Promo events that allow people to try out locations they don't own?

Promo is what I meant (I think).

On 4/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, SkyRex said:

I would suggest you go out and drive a real car fast on loose surfaces, like snow, and compare that to RBR and to DR2, to judge who is closer to reality.
Also, notice how I said exclude tarmac? Nobodys arguing DR2's tarmac physics are true sim and if you compare it to AC it loses badly, sure.  You're comparing apples to papayas here.

But try this: drive a lap in AC only on the grass, not on the tarmac. Do that with a real car in the real world. And then do it in DR2.

I guess you're comparing DR2 to stock RBR? If so, then I definitely agree. Based on my experience driving real cars and having had a ride in a rally car twice my opinion is that DR2 captures the feeling of driving/being in a rally car the best. When talking about physics accuracy though RBR with NGP 6 physics mod takes the crown in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

There is too much lateral grip, so the car stays on the road too easily even at high speeds. You can drive bends supernaturally fastCars also jumps too much.

I think that’s why this can’t be called a simulation.

Edited by J89

Posted (edited)

For all players who are new to Dirt Rally today there is Group B, Monaco and a GT event  
Particularly recommended for beginners the Group B Monaco event 🤣
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

^^

well, I got terminal damage yesterday doing a daily event in an R2 car, so it can even happen to the .... averagest ... of us

(in my defense, it was in Scotland)

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ianism said:

^^

well, I got terminal damage yesterday in an R2 car, so it can even happen to the .... averagest ... of us 

in the monthly event, scotland?