F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Just now, gleylancer571 said:

in the monthly event, scotland?

no, there was an R2 Daily there yesterday.

weird thing: I retired from the event in Scotland for that R2 Monthly event there, so I could see what the other stages/locations were (I was writing a massive bug report about the algorithm that picks weather and times of day in rally locations). today I came back to that event, and it allowed me to start it in Scotland again, even though yesterday I retired there and got sent to the next location (Australia). I'll take a video. it's very strange.

I had the last terminal damage with the Ford R5 in Argentina but also made calls on the phone
In addition, I mostly drive tires without replacement and have often had a tire damage and have driven three stages with three wheels

Posted (edited)

By the way, at the monthly R2 event there are two Poland !!!
Rally 3 is Poland and Rally 4 is also ...... OMG Codemasters .........
I just finished the Scotland Rally at Platz440 across systems

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:
By the way, at the monthly R2 event there are two Poland !!! Rally 3 is Poland and Rally 4 is also ...... OMG Codemasters ......... I just finished the Scotland Rally at Platz440 across systems

yeah, I noticed that a couple days ago. 😕

I'm just going to do the stages in Scotland/Australia and then retire.

here's a video of the bug I noticed. for that R2 Monthly, I retired from the first event in Scotland, but then at the screen at the end of the event where it shows all the locations & stages, I quit to the main menu. back in the My Team section, the event now correctly shows the picture of Australia, as that is the second location in the Monthly. but then it asks me to choose a car again, and sends me to Scotland. I'm going to try to reproduce this and record everything. 

Posted (edited)

Speaking of online events, what's the deal with bonus events using only base game content? Happening all the time now. I thought the idea with bonus events, as opposed to no-ribbon events, was that they involve DLC. Which has always been heavily under-represented in online events since we have no-ribbon events, AI events, and formerly D+ events all using exclusively base game content.

20200413150138_1.thumb.jpg.bf7160fbf4faaa56e2bd4781c8914d5a.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@HoksuHoo yeah I've noticed that. it has happened before, but it was quite rare - maybe twice a month.

since the game came out on PS Plus though, there's been one of those (almost? I've not been keeping track) every day. I'm pretty sure it's just to give new players more chances to drive low-level cars: that first Bonus event square has (almost?) always been an H-class, R2 or NR4/R4 event, which are the slowest rally cars in the game.

occasionally it's limited to one specific vehicle too, which is kind of a nice change.

Edited by ianism

Have you noticed that there are no night stages in the weekly events: Scotland, Sweden and UK.

Tomorrow there will be new Weekly Events by the way, since most of the events are filled with Basic Game content, they will get boring slowly but surely

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ianism said:

@HoksuHoo yeah I've noticed that. it has happened before, but it was quite rare - maybe twice a month.

since the game came out on PS Plus though, there's been one of those (almost? I've not been keeping track) every day. I'm pretty sure it's just to give new players more chances to drive low-level cars: that first Bonus event square has (almost?) always been an H-class, R2 or NR4/R4 event, which are the slowest rally cars in the game.

occasionally it's limited to one specific vehicle too, which is kind of a nice change.

Cars at a low level ?
That would be R2 and H1 for me.
Can I laugh?
The day before yesterday there were a lot of group B (4wd and RWD) events and today two GT events,Cars at Low level  just the right thing for beginners 😉

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

2:17 why is that man so shiny?

On 4/13/2020 at 9:47 AM, gleylancer571 said:

Cars at a low level ?
That would be R2 and H1 for me.
Can I laugh?
The day before yesterday there were a lot of group B (4wd and RWD) events and today two GT events,Cars at Low level  just the right thing for beginners 😉

Hoksuhoo and I were talking about the first Bonus event square (the one on the left, next to the Promo events). normally, Bonus events almost always contain some kind of DLC content - location, car class or both.

However, for the past week, it has always contained a base game car class (sometimes a specific car) and base game location. in addition, also in the past week, the car class has always been one of the slow ones. I have already listed them. we were not talking about any other square.

today's is below. yesterday's is posted above by Hoksuhoo, and was R2 cars in the same location.

20200414095716_1.thumb.jpg.c08d0f3322468802e2f9fbbed7dab18d.jpg

I'm happy to refer to your statement that we had so many events with basic content and lower class vehicles because many new players are just starting the game.
The last days and weeks have shown that this is not the case for many Group B events.

Hi guys, got word on Bonus Challenges earlier but been busy, so here goes:

• The dev team has added a bunch of new/extra Challenges based on forum feedback.
  • Some are "hardcore", with restricted assists, hardcore damage, higher surface degradation, severe weather etc.
  • Others feature less commonly-used cars, to encourage you all to try them out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hi guys, got word on Bonus Challenges earlier but been busy, so here goes:

• The dev team has added a bunch of new/extra Challenges based on forum feedback.
  • Some are "hardcore", with restricted assists, hardcore damage, higher surface degradation, severe weather etc.
  • Others feature less commonly-used cars, to encourage you all to try them out. 

It would be much more important to finally bring much more DLC content to the events.
In the long run, 6 rally places that repeat themselves are far too few and it gets boring
I bought the DLCs to play with them which in my career is mostly only possible in the championships.

So please more Monthly and Weekly DLC Events more, for that you could cut the daily ones

There should already be more DLC Challenges in there, in terms of the [Promo] Events, a whole bunch were added for the rest of the month.

Non-Promo Challenges generally always use basegame content, as they need to be available for people who don't own DLC.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ianism said:

today's is below. yesterday's is posted above by Hoksuhoo, and was R2 cars in the same location.

Check your glasses.
Hoksu's picture is Australia, yours USA 😉

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that we know Hyundai RX will not be in the game in RX, it's time to remove Nitiss, Timerzyanov, Heikkinen and Gronholm from 2019 supercars. I hate racing against fake liveries in the world championship. Because of that I can't race the AllInkl Seat and Olsbergs MSE Ford.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:06 AM, gfRally said:

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, math444 said:

Now that we know Hyundai RX will not be in the game in RX, it's time to remove Nitiss, Timerzyanov, Heikkinen and Gronholm from 2019 supercars. I hate racing against fake liveries in the world championship. Because of that I can't race the AllInkl Seat and Olsbergs MSE Ford.

How do you know it isn't going to be in game @math444?

1 minute ago, gleylancer571 said:

I also don't think the Hyundai RX is coming yet that's pure dreaming

Perhaps @gleylancer571. But Gronholm, Timerzyanov, Nitiss and Heikkinen were added in the last patch. Why add them if they weren't there before and put them in the wrong cars?...

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Perhaps @gleylancer571. But Gronholm, Timerzyanov, Nitiss and Heikkinen were added in the last patch. Why add them if they weren't there before and put them in the wrong cars?...

is the Hyundai RX in the game?
No!
Was the Hyundai RX announced by Codemasters ?
No!
There is nothing more to say about it

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2