F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

is the Hyundai RX in the game?
No!
Was the Hyundai RX announced by Codemasters ?
No!
There is nothing more to say about it

GRX have teased it twice now. I'm not giving up yet! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

In addition, many rumors posted here in the forum have already proven to be false I just remember the Nissan Kitcar

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

In addition, many rumors posted here in the forum have already proven to be false I just remember the Nissan Kitcar

True. It does seem a massive coincidence that GRX teased the car, then the driver names were added (which is very similar to how the 2019 Supercars arrived during season 4) and PJ himself has said that "smaller" content may still follow after the Flat Out pack...

...it may come to nothing, but I think there are a lot of strong indicators for this rumour. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

SO D5 or DR3, what do you think will be next.  And what locations could be covered if its D5?  Where could they go in DR3 without losing the iconic wrc locations, do we still need the iconic locations?  If its D5 we will probably get some trucks and other types of offroad vehicles, what kind and where?

This is not a wish list, but pure speculation as to what realistically we could see.  They are probably at least 6-8months into development and no longer have Paul's direction that we have come to know as a true rally guy.

30 minutes ago, gfRally said:

This is not a wish list, but pure speculation as to what realistically we could see.  They are probably at least 6-8months into development and no longer have Paul's direction that we have come to know as a true rally guy.

Interesting point for discussion: given how long ago he left now, how much influence (if any) do you think Paul had on DR2.0? 

I personally think that DR2.0 has been received much better than D4, so perhaps they will just move straight to DR3.0... that said I am sure the decision on subsequent title was made early into the life of DR2.0 so, with that in mind, I am expecting to see D5 as the first CM rally title on the next generation of console. 

I wonder if much is happening at CM at the moment, or if all development has ceased due to COVID-19?   

Posted (edited)

@tbtstt ZOOM meetings seem to be the new norm, these days.  I do fabrication/machining, and rarely HAVE to talk to my boss for anything as I am given all my projects through email.  Point being, when it comes down to it, we don't need to be in the same room to accomplish most tasks unless you are doing some sort of heavy labor.  Creative meetings can be done remotely as well.  It may have slowed down for  everyone getting used to the "new normal" but I am sure progress is being made.

Edited by gfRally
  • Agree 1

A Dirt 5 would be a slap in the face for all rally fans

I pray to God that there won't be a new Dirt, I think the Dirt games were made to get more people interested.

By the way, a WRC license doesn't need Codemasters like it is now I think it's great and I already liked the "Fake Liveries" in Dirt 3 very much

• Disagree 1

48 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I wonder if much is happening at CM at the moment, or if all development has ceased due to COVID-19?   

We've all been working from home for the past month. I streamed the Colin McRae content from my living room 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

There are no night stages in the Weekly Bonus Events........thanks Codemasters.

By the way, at the RX events and also in the championship I only had one night race and that could be more often

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 3

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We've all been working from home for the past month. I streamed the Colin McRae content from my living room 😄 

By the way, I also drive the rallies from home :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

It's not false, it was just cut (not made to the Game, like other content too), the sound of that Car is used for VW Golf Kit car.. so pretty sure Nissan will debut next Game..

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

is the Hyundai RX in the game?
No!
Was the Hyundai RX announced by Codemasters ?
No!
There is nothing more to say about it

the M2 and Dirtfish were not announced until very shortly before they were released

4 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

many were true though. the Bennet Mini RX, all the DR1 locations coming in Seasons 2-4 (during Season 1 someone noticed all the flags waved by spectators on the stages were all the countries from DR1). the Impreza S4 S5 and Legacy

2 hours ago, gfRally said:

SO D5 or DR3, what do you think will be next.  And what locations could be covered if its D5?  Where could they go in DR3 without losing the iconic wrc locations, do we still need the iconic locations?  If its D5 we will probably get some trucks and other types of offroad vehicles, what kind and where?

Dirt 5. I think they have committed to alternating releases, but we will just have to see.

the main problem with Dirt 4 was that it was marketed as a compromise between the Dirt & Dirt Rally games. however, structurally (ie outside of the actual driving) it was probably a more realistic rally game than either DR1 or DR2.* I think the "casual" gaming crowd that bought D2 & D3 had moved on, partly because DR1 had very obviously not been for them, so it didn't sell well among casual gamers. hardcore sim people that liked DR1 weren't interested either because it wasn't a Dirt Rally game, and the ones that tried it found the handling to be weird. also the procedural generation stages.

so Dirt 5 would have a serious challenge: pull in the casual gamers that like Forza Horizon and NFS and not anger the sim fans that love the DR games. that's really tough.

*for example, deep team management, tons of weather & time of day options, etc

DR3 locations: not a clue. I could see them doing just 2-3 new locations, 3-4 remastered locations and the rest remastered as DLC. as for other games modes, I hope not (unless it's hillclimb/trailblazer).

D5: Landrush/buggies in Dirt 4 (and Dirt 3 and Dirt 2) was super repetitive - not enough attention was given to it, and I'm not sure I would like more attention taken away from the rally and RX sides of the game.

57 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

There are no night stages in the Weekly Bonus Events........thanks Codemasters

100% disagree haha it feels like there's something missing

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

It's not false, it was just cut (not made to the Game, like other content too), the sound of that Car is used for VW Golf Kit car.. so pretty sure Nissan will debut next Game.. 

is there a Nissan Kitcar for Dirt Rally ?
No
Would a Nissan be announced for a new Dirt Rally ?
No
Has any car been announced for a new Dirt Rally ?
No

Well, I prefer facts.

Concerning the locations from Colin McRae Dirt to Dirt 4 the locations have always alternated
Just a few examples I can't remember them all
Dirt1 Italy,Japan never existed again
Dirt 2 China,Croatia,Malaysia never existed again either.
Dirt 3 Norway,Monte Carlo,Kenya (the first time at a Dirt/Colin game) was never played again.
Only since Dirt 4 the locations Michigan were repeated in Dirt 3

So it is very difficult to say which locations we will get again, but I hope that all 13 are in the next game plus 2-3 new ones

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Excellent. Just wanted to check that my optimism isn't misplaced and that the GRX i20 is still being worked on. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Excellent. Just wanted to check that my optimism isn't misplaced and that the GRX i20 is still being worked on. :classic_biggrin:

it's not, because it's finished  :classic_ninja::classic_ninja::classic_ninja:

• Agree 1

May I ask some questions?

CM can get RX official license, why didn't they get a WRC license?

Is there any possibility for us to get a official WRC game from CM?

Will we get a new CM rally game next year?

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

As long as he's not working on Dirt 5.

The unnanounced project that I am helping out on got announced today 😉 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The unnanounced project that I am helping out on got announced today 😉 

Ah, guess that would be this then*?...

* Apologies everyone for tainting the mighty DiRT thread with inferior motorsport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

It would be cool if a older Colin McRae Game  would join the next Dirt Rally game as a bonus

Edited by gleylancer571

6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Interesting point for discussion: given how long ago he left now, how much influence (if any) do you think Paul had on DR2.0? 

I personally think that DR2.0 has been received much better than D4, so perhaps they will just move straight to DR3.0... that said I am sure the decision on subsequent title was made early into the life of DR2.0 so, with that in mind, I am expecting to see D5 as the first CM rally title on the next generation of console. 

I'd say Paul was leading the DR2.0 for about half the development at least. 

If they go for D5 I hope they go full out off-road party game and leave the more serious business to The Rally series. Hopefully they would use a different team and develop them in tandem. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, ianism said:

DR3 locations: not a clue. I could see them doing just 2-3 new locations, 3-4 remastered locations and the rest remastered as DLC. as for other games modes, I hope not (unless it's hillclimb/trailblazer).

D5: Landrush/buggies in Dirt 4 (and Dirt 3 and Dirt 2) was super repetitive - not enough attention was given to it, and I'm not sure I would like more attention taken away from the rally and RX sides of the game.

100% disagree haha it feels like there's something missing

IF CM gets into the habit of releasing just a few tracks to later sell older ones as DLC that's not going to go over very well. Unless the next game is in a new engine, they have little reason to do so either.

As to other forms of DiRTy motorsport, I really liked the variety that the first 3 Dirt games offered. I like Baja trucks and dune buggies, but D4 was pretty **** with only what, 3? and they only raced on the boring small circuit stages. If they had more content like the original title with Kamaz trucks, Baja, etc. I'd be all for it.

1 hour ago, azakamifujino said:

Is there any possibility for us to get a official WRC game from CM?

Wasn't there a thing recently that Milestone lost the WRC license, or am I crazy?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Ah, guess that would be this then*?...

* Apologies everyone for tainting the mighty DiRT thread with inferior motorsport. 

That'll be a short game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Although I'm a bad driver I made it with the Porsche 911 at the GT event in winning class 2 and by the way in group B RWD I get along best with the Lancia 037