DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I don't see any connection why I drove in winning class two at these GT events

I don't see any connection between what I said about cm + wrc and what you said about.... whatever it is you're talking about

what the hell are you talking about?

what does a video comparing Dirt games have anything to do with the wrc license?

also, why do you keep downvoting me for no apparent reason?

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

unfortunately the Porsche is only a concept car and the development has been stopped

Too expensive, too little interest

Apparently the moderate customer interest has led to a rethink among those responsible in Weissach. The hoped-for 150 to 200 units of the mid-engine sports car, which cost around 200,000 euros, were out of reach. Before burning money unnecessarily, the board stopped the development of the half-finished R-GT-Cayman.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport/porsche-cayman-gt4-clubsport-rallye-studie/

Got me my final Achievements in the game 🙂 

Kudos to @UnderclassGDfan for the workaround for the Colin Scenario bug (which is being looked into).

• Like 3

Any fix for when you get a puncture and it won’t let you change wheel?

Happened two rallies in a row to me. 

On PS4 

Weekly Events Group B Germany
I drove my Audi and had until stage 8 485km on the speedometer when I wanted to go to the service park, the server didn't want to
I went to the main menu and when I started stage 9 I suddenly had 1183km on the speedometer 🤬

I had the same thing with the Subaru S4, there were also server problems and I suddenly had 1000km on the speedo
I'll buy the Audi now but not again

• Confused 1

On 4/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, PJTierney said:

I'm seeing the same on my tutorial videos from launch day, big bump.

Me Too, especially my "Tips for Newcomers" Video went through the roof, it's approaching 100k Views now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 11:07 AM, gleylancer571 said:

@JZStudiosYou repeat the exact same thing you wrote 20 hours ago

Well you did it first, so I jest responded in kind. I guess I could've slightly reworded it, but the general gist is the same.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:31 AM, danielofifi said:

I want this in the next Dirt Rally https://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-911-gt3-rally-car-has-an-exoskeleton-for-days-142749.html

What would you say about a feature similar to Vision Gran Turismo projects?

That's a render. And not a very good one, the UV mapping on that bumper bar is horrible.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

7:09 mins of absolute brilliance in car control, commitment and speed! 🙈😁

Edited by tonzboher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

7:09 mins of absolute brilliance in car control, commitment and speed! 🙈😁

One of my all time favourite onboard clips. The commitment from McRae in Wales that year was absolutely staggering...

...though, given how aggressively he was driving, it is no surprise it ended the way it did. 

212ac2330_ColinMcRae-RallyGB-2001_014_89

I don't remember much about watching early 2000s WRC highlights, but I remember that.

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

One of my all time favourite onboard clips. The commitment from McRae in Wales that year was absolutely staggering...

...though, given how aggressively he was driving, it is no surprise it ended the way it did. 

212ac2330_ColinMcRae-RallyGB-2001_014_89

Very true, that in car footage gives me chills when I watch it, people can say what they like and how things ended up 2 stages later but Colin was well fired up for it, pity it just didn’t end up differently. 😢

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't remember much about watching early 2000s WRC highlights, but I remember that.

You’ll have to go educate yourself @PJTierney 97-2005 was the best period in WRC, before all the Sebastian started dominating 

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, somethingthing said:

6 daily challenges and 3 of them are h2 rwd 😕

..and today 3 out of 7 are in germany and 2 are in Spain. The ones in Germany are even in the same class (r5). Theres 12 locations in the game...

Edited by somethingthing

35 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Very true, that in car footage gives me chills when I watch it, people can say what they like and how things ended up 2 stages later but Colin was well fired up for it, pity it just didn’t end up differently. 😢

Yeah. What is perhaps most frustrating about that year is that Makinen was already out of the running, so McRae didn't need to be driving at 110%...

...but of course the reason he was so spectacular to watch, is because that was frequently the only pace he ever drove at! 

If you compare the onboard you posted with other onboard clips from the same event, Colin was making some ridiculous cuts on some corners, in several cases he is 4-6 feet further into the verge. 

39 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

You’ll have to go educate yourself @PJTierney 97-2005 was the best period in WRC, before all the Sebastian started dominating 

'95-'00 is the peak for me. The cars and drivers in the late Group A/early WRCar era, at both the WRC and National level, was an absolutely golden era of rallying in my personal opinion. 

• Agree 1

Whenever I watch these onboard videos it reminds me how close DR2.0 is to the real thing. 

16 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

'95-'00 is the peak for me. The cars and drivers in the late Group A/early WRCar era, at both the WRC and National level, was an absolutely golden era of rallying in my personal opinion. 

I would agree with you 100%. Even on national events, especially here in Ireland, the amount of WRC cars was ridiculous. The new cars are amazing but you will never seen them in privateers hands really. Plus the tv coverage was much better back in the day too, don’t like the new format.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

I would agree with you 100%. Even on national events, especially here in Ireland, the amount of WRC cars was ridiculous. The new cars are amazing but you will never seen them in privateers hands really. Plus the tv coverage was much better back in the day too, don’t like the new format.

Funnily enough, when I said "National level" Ireland was exactly where I had in mind! I absolutely love the Irish Tarmac Championship - both then and now - but the depth and quality of the field in the late 90's/early '00's was incredible. 

The '00's were pretty damn awesome in Ireland as well, so much WRC machinery passed through. 

Ah jaysus would you look how quick de's goin' tru dere...

(I can make these jokes since I'm Irish 😉 )

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Dear God in heaven
Please,Please no weekly events with : R2,R5,F2 or group B
Amen

What about H1? 😛

18 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

What about H1? 😛

H1 may be an event again, but from R2,R5,F2 and group B there were really more than enough in the last weeks !

By the way, the car class with the most cars (8) is driven in the events at least

On 4/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Weekly Events Group B Germany
I drove my Audi and had until stage 8 485km on the speedometer when I wanted to go to the service park, the server didn't want to
I went to the main menu and when I started stage 9 I suddenly had 1183km on the speedometer 🤬

I had the same thing with the Subaru S4, there were also server problems and I suddenly had 1000km on the speedo
I'll buy the Audi now but not again

yeah it's some sort of ... I don't actually know. it happened once to me last summer with the M1 (went from ~180km to 475km), and also today (but only added about 10km to my Mitsu R5)

6 hours ago, somethingthing said:

..and today 3 out of 7 are in germany and 2 are in Spain. The ones in Germany are even in the same class (r5). Theres 12 locations in the game...

ahem, there are 13 now 😉 

2 hours ago, JanBradáč said:

ah, awesome! these are really fun even though I'm bad.

they really need an editor for the english version of that article though. it's not got spelling mistakes, but there's a lot of typos and stuff. kind of weird for an official release, but then I guess not that many people read it in english so it probably doesn't matter 😅