DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

That the mileage has to be doubled has something to do with the server. It happened twice, once with the Subrau Impreza S4 and once with the Audi Group B
Both times the server was ********

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Yes, they contacted us last week 🙂 

Good to see more getting involved.

Yes! Also finally ours Czech Rally Championship drivers are more interested to the game 😁 so I started to making more Czech Rally inspired liveries 😏

• Like 1

Random cool thing of the day:

Ex-F1 driver Mika Salo plays DiRT, and given that he has 15,000,000cr he plays HARD:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Up to 2000 CC car class has EIGHT cars and is the least driven in the events in the Evens...... and exactly this example says a lot about the "variety! of the events

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Yup.

Off the top of my head you have:

• Solberg World Cup
  • Chris Ingram
  • British Rally
  • Skoda Motorsport

All using the Clubs feature.

do you know if ERC are planning any more?

19 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

do you know if ERC are planning any more?

So far I only know of what's announced, and the only one I've really been hands-on with is Solberg's.

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, PJTierney said:

Yup.

Off the top of my head you have:

• Solberg World Cup
  • Chris Ingram
  • British Rally
  • Skoda Motorsport

All using the Clubs feature.

In my country (Portugal) we are also seeing a increment in clubs, we even have at least one that is "sponsored" by a famous portuguese rally driver wich gives prizes too (a codrive for the first place)...

Edited by Opassac
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

https://youtu.be/MT2YBkUCaIQ

For me personally this is the end of dirt rally two point o, 

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain why clutch override is considered an assist while the "no stall" feature when driving with paddles/stick is not?

Edited by somethingthing

I think CM could be missing a trick here. They need to ask all the (better funded) famous DR2.0 rallycross players to have a whip round and pay for the license for Spa and studio time to get CM to knock it out, as I am sure the team are sitting around in lockdown with nothing better to do. :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, PJTierney said:

Random cool thing of the day:

Ex-F1 driver Mika Salo plays DiRT, and given that he has 15,000,000cr he plays HARD:

He is not bad at all ! 

Posted (edited)

The online events are unfortunately very badly mixed with vehicle classes.

The rally locations repeat themselves far too often!
for the third time in a row we now have a Daily R2 Event in New England

I also think that only DLCs have to be offered at the bonus events!
And who didn't buy the DLCs ?
They can drive the rest of the events - there are enough with basic content

There must be more variety - we have 13 rally locations and 85% of them offer only six basic contents and these are repeated daily....

After all, there are now rallycross events every day - a first step towards improvement

PS: oh yes completely forgotten the R2 event in Monte Carlo is already the second time in one week......

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 1

I didn't buy all of the DLC's, I chose what appealed to me. Rallycross didn't appeal so I didn't get the DLC associated with it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

I didn't buy all of the DLC's, I chose what appealed to me. Rallycross didn't appeal so I didn't get the DLC associated with it. 

To be honest, I am not a fan of rallycross but I bought the complete season 3 and 4.
Why did I buy everything ?
I have no desire to buy everything separately and I also wanted to have the Special Liveries. Everything to buy is practical and also not very expensive

I didn't see the point of having a load of content that I was never going to play. I liked being able to tailor the game so I knew I'd always play what I bought.

Well, at least both of you have options to make you happy 🙂 

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Can someone explain why clutch override is considered an assist while the "no stall" feature when driving with paddles/stick is not?

I use a gamepad set to "manual sequential" and under that on the assists menu page I have clutch override enabled, but all the remaining assists bellow it are off. On club/community events leaderboards it still lists me as using "no assists". Could you have anything else enabled on that page?

Can I have a camera at the replays on the cockipt view in third person? I like very much the camera behind the driver and co-driver in the middle. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AlleyViper said:

I use a gamepad set to "manual sequential" and under that on the assists menu page I have clutch override enabled, but all the remaining assists bellow it are off. On club/community events leaderboards it still lists me as using "no assists". Could you have anything else enabled on that page?

Im having clutch override off atm but curious to why it considered an assist. Its under the assist tab anyway and then some things that are assists are not in the tab but applied automatically.

On another note i was thinking about something to prevent cuts when i was driving yesterday. What if the game recorded the way the cars have traveled ingame, like a super basic map of the track only showing the road and and a little bit outside then some kind of line where the car have driven.

The black line is the track and the red is the car. sorry about my paintskillz

wm1cpxf.png

Then on leaderboards we could get the data from every driver by pressing on it. I think this would also be a great addition for more serious clubs that dont want their participants to cut. Im not sure how much data this would be in the end but as i said, if it was very very basic? I also think this would have a positive effect on players when knowing everyone will be able to see if they got the time they did by driving on the track or by doing some filthy cuts.

Edited by somethingthing

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Well, at least both of you have options to make you happy 🙂 

Indeed we do.

11 hours ago, somethingthing said:

On another note i was thinking about something to prevent cuts when i was driving yesterday. What if the game recorded the way the cars have traveled ingame, like a super basic map of the track only showing the road and and a little bit outside then some kind of line where the car have driven. I also think this would have a positive effect on players when knowing everyone will be able to see if they got the time they did by driving on the track or by doing some filthy cuts.

Or they could add a very basic track limit and invalidate times that go off track. Just like Forza does, and it doesn't involve any extra data.