Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Interesting the teaser logo is using the colors from DiRT 3 and Showdown...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

triD yllaR 0.3 lliw eb na edacra trak recar

tumblr_nf44hnVMd71ru2xb6o1_500.gif

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

Interesting picture update on the CM Facebook page.

DIRT.jpg

looks to me like they're doing a soft reboot of the Dirt (arcade) series like they did with Grid. if they go back to 1 again, it's going to be very confusing...

I wonder whether it'll be on current or next-gen consoles.

Quote

Colin McRae Scenarios (difficulty):

The following Scenarios have had their difficulty adjusted based on player data to provide a smoother difficulty curve:

  • Scotland 1988 - Slightly easier.
  • Wales 1988 - Slightly easier.
  • Sweden 1989 - Slightly easier.
  • New Zealand 1989 - Slightly easier.
  • Scotland 1991 - Slightly easier.
  • Scotland 1992 - Slightly easier.
  • Greece 1994 - Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.
  • New Zealand 1994 - Slightly harder.
  • Australia 1995 - Slightly harder.
  • Wales 1995 - Slightly harder.
  • Argentina 1998 - Slightly harder.
  • Germany 2002 - Slightly harder.
  • Scotland 2004 - Slightly easier.
  • Australia 2005 - Slightly harder.
  • Scotland 2006 - Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.

YES! that Greece 1994 one was giving me grief. Greece is one of my favourite locations in the game, but I restarted so, so many times because of tiny touches..

also the 1991 & 1992 Scotland ones were super rough. I was able to clear them by several seconds each, but it took quite a lot of tries, relative to the other scenarios.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ianism said:

looks to me like they're doing a soft reboot of the Dirt (arcade) series like they did with Grid. if they go back to 1 again, it's going to be very confusing...

I wonder whether it'll be on current or next-gen consoles.

I'm calling DiRT 5 as a final hurrah for PS4/XB1 and the first next gen CM rally title. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ianism said:

if they go back to 1 again, it's going to be very confusing...

yeah people will call it DiRT 2020

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RGgiac said:

yeah people will call it DiRT 2020

hm, you think it'll be out this year? that would be a pleasant surprise

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

So by the sounds of it I don’t think we should be expecting dirt rally 3, more likely a reboot of the original series with arcade handling 

As long as it's fun and has more areas of motorsport than D4, I'm in.

 

4 hours ago, James McAdam said:

My face when I see there is nothing in the patch notes about the GRX I20 :

giphy.gif

Are we going to have another Jennifer Aniston crush fest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ianism said:

looks to me like they're doing a soft reboot of the Dirt (arcade) series like they did with Grid. if they go back to 1 again, it's going to be very confusing...

REALLY hate this reboot trend with just the original name. Make's it really annoying to talk about. Did I play Grid or Grid? Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider? God of War or God of War? Xbox or Xbox? Or Xbox or Xbox or Xbox?

Holy hell, MS, why you so terrible at naming consoles?

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

REALLY hate this reboot trend with just the original name. Make's it really annoying to talk about. Did I play Grid or Grid? Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider? God of War or God of War? Xbox or Xbox? Or Xbox or Xbox or Xbox?

Holy hell, MS, why you so terrible at naming consoles?

Huh? Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one, Xbox one S and Xbox one X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Are we going to have another Jennifer Aniston crush fest?

Another one? I wasn't aware that the last one had come to an end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

REALLY hate this reboot trend with just the original name. Make's it really annoying to talk about. Did I play Grid or Grid? Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider? God of War or God of War? Xbox or Xbox? Or Xbox or Xbox or Xbox?

Holy hell, MS, why you so terrible at naming consoles?

Well, the same with movies and TV-Series. They just re-do all this media now, because most things are already done and now just get re-made.
The entertainment industry runs out of ideas it seems.

Or the managers behind it are too afraid of risks.

So, Codemasters runs GRID and DiRT, because they don't have the balls for a new name.

24 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Another one? I wasn't aware that the last one had come to an end. 

And it shouldn't come to an end at any time.
Awesome woman. Only the german dubbing voice is AWFUL! Otherwise I would watch Friends the whole day 🤣

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

And it shouldn't come to an end at any time.
Awesome woman. Only the german dubbing voice is AWFUL! Otherwise I would Friends the whole day 🤣

👍 

Watch Office Space instead. It's much better. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That picture appears to be indicating that Dirt has split into Dirt and Dirt Rally.  It's not an announcement of the next game title.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

👍 

Watch Office Space instead. It's much better. 

Never heard of that.
Need to google it 🤣

Well, no option other than buying it on DVD at the moment it seems 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@somethingthing

why did you thumb down when you announced the new patch?
The new patch only brings advantages : new livery, new engine sound and for all DLC owners the Co-Driver Patch for Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gleylancer571 said:

@somethingthing

why did you thumb down when you announced the new patch?
The new patch only brings advantages : new livery, new engine sound and for all DLC owners the Co-Driver Patch for Scotland

Because it says nothing about the timing of the co-driver calls have been tweaked in Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Huh? Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one, Xbox one S and Xbox one X.

The lineup of Xbox goes as follows;

  1. Xbox
  2. Xbox 360 (Which is 1) Had a slim model
  3. Xbox One (One S is just the slim variant and entirely replaces the base)
  4. Xbox One X
  5. Xbox... apparently they're going to have more than just one, but it's been officially confirmed the new main title is simply Xbox, with the new specific console being Xbox Series X, not to be confused with Xbox One X

That's 4 and a half consoles in a row that all are basically Xbox 1.

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Another one? I wasn't aware that the last one had come to an end. 

Well pictures stopped being posted.

Sexy Jennifer Aniston GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, the same with movies and TV-Series. They just re-do all this media now, because most things are already done and now just get re-made.
The entertainment industry runs out of ideas it seems.

Or the managers behind it are too afraid of risks.

So, Codemasters runs GRID and DiRT, because they don't have the balls for a new name.

And it shouldn't come to an end at any time.
Awesome woman. Only the german dubbing voice is AWFUL! Otherwise I would watch Friends the whole day 🤣

What bothers me with the movie remakes is they do it to ****** movies. Like, why even bother?

As to Grid? I don't know. The series seemed a bit inconsistent and didn't do especially well, and apparently the new one isn't that great either.

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, no option other than buying it on DVD at the moment it seems 😞 

I could *COUGH* *AHEM* it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So whatever algorithm or whoever manually generated the weekly challenge of R5 in Sweden, THIS is exactly what I’ve been looking for with this game. The stages are mostly daytime, sunset, or dusk (could’ve had a night stage in there but I’m not complaining there wasn’t one), there were no stages in heavy snow, and THIS is exactly what makes this game shine. The setting was picture perfect, the sun going down on the stages and the sunsets were spectacular. Being able to just fly through Sweden was such a blast. As @ianism will attest, I whine fairly frequently about the amount of rain or shall we say, poor weather, events that I come across in the daily/weekly challenges. I know rally doesn’t always take place in perfect conditions. But having a rally challenge with mostly ideal conditions just really lets me enjoy this game. If more events could randomly generate (I say randomly @ianism again 😉 ), hardly ever would you hear me whine about anything in this game. This weekly challenge has been a real treat for this player. 

8CBCFD0B-222F-47FD-A794-035CB5AD8611.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love a dusk event... that would be sweet. Is this weekly challenge still online?

Wait, do I need to own a R5 car in the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was a little gossipy that no one seems to have focused on too much.  Highlights are my own comments to the dev letter released Monday) most are obvious but i felt it drew some conclusions/spelled things out a little more clearly when highlighted like this.

 

"Prepare to see something new roar to life in the world of DiRT (DOESN'T SAY DIRT RALLY), very soon (ANNOUNCEMENT COMING?). Developed by a separate Codemasters studio to the DiRT Rally team (NEW TEAM MAKING DIRT AS OTHER TEAMS ARE BUSY?, SUGGESTS CURRENT TEAM NOW DIRT RALLY ONLY), we’re incredibly excited about what’s around the corner. We invite you to be part of a brand new experience, while also continuing to enjoy our definitive Rally offering. (NEW DIRT GAME, NEW IDEAS? STYLE? CONCENTRATING ON DIRT, KEEPING DIRT RALLY SEPARATE)

As for the future of DiRT Rally?(DIRT RALLY NAMED SPECIFICALLY) Well… we have a few things in mind. We have big plans, driven by a passionate development team, solely tasked with taking the Rally series to even greater heights (CONFIRMS DR TEAM NOW DEDICATED TO DR). You won’t hear about that for a while, but when you do... oh boy, will you be excited for what’s coming.(SUGGESTS A LOT OF DEVELOPMENT, ESPECIALLY IF THEY DID THE NORMAL DEV TEAM (INDUSTRY STANDARD) AND STARTED WORKING ON IT WHEN DR2.0 SHIPPED)

Whether it’s our latest game soon to be revealed (SUGGESTS DIRT GAME PER FRIST LINE AND ANNOUNCEMENT SOON), or what comes next for Rally (AGAIN SPECIFICALLY SEPARATING DIRT AND DIRT RALLY), we are incredibly excited to continue making DiRT the franchise (SEEMS TO INCORPORATE DIRT AND DIRT RALLY) for everything we all love about off-road racing. "

 

 

DIRT.jpg

 

It was commented on in the Dirt Rally discord, that this picture contains the font and background for Dirt Rally 2.0 on the left side and the font and colouring for DiRT on the right side.  I think this further highlights the separate teams and franchises, split, yet combined as part of the overall franchise.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It was commented on in the Dirt Rally discord, that this picture contains the font and background for Dirt Rally 2.0 on the left side and the font and colouring for DiRT on the right side.  I think this further highlights the separate teams and franchises, split, yet combined as part of the overall franchise.

...isn't the font the same?

Anyways, with the new studios they've recently acquired it would make sense to do a typical yearly/bi-yearly release schedule like Forza Motorsport and Horizon. Which if that means they have 3 or 4 years dev time while we get games every year or 2, that's cool. Hope it's on a new engine.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Driving in Sweden is always a pleasure for me and I love Scotland and I am already very keen on the patch

I am already very excited about new monthly and weekly events and hope that there are no : R2,F2,H2 FWD or R5, these car classes have dominated the weekly and monthly events enough.
@Codemasters it's time to think about the players who bought the DLCs and not only about the basic game players

Edited by gleylancer571

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I thought this was a little gossipy that no one seems to have focused on too much.  Highlights are my own comments to the dev letter released Monday) most are obvious but i felt it drew some conclusions/spelled things out a little more clearly when highlighted like this.

 

"Prepare to see something new roar to life in the world of DiRT (DOESN'T SAY DIRT RALLY), very soon (ANNOUNCEMENT COMING?). Developed by a separate Codemasters studio to the DiRT Rally team (NEW TEAM MAKING DIRT AS OTHER TEAMS ARE BUSY?, SUGGESTS CURRENT TEAM NOW DIRT RALLY ONLY), we’re incredibly excited about what’s around the corner. We invite you to be part of a brand new experience, while also continuing to enjoy our definitive Rally offering. (NEW DIRT GAME, NEW IDEAS? STYLE? CONCENTRATING ON DIRT, KEEPING DIRT RALLY SEPARATE)

As for the future of DiRT Rally?(DIRT RALLY NAMED SPECIFICALLY) Well… we have a few things in mind. We have big plans, driven by a passionate development team, solely tasked with taking the Rally series to even greater heights (CONFIRMS DR TEAM NOW DEDICATED TO DR). You won’t hear about that for a while, but when you do... oh boy, will you be excited for what’s coming.(SUGGESTS A LOT OF DEVELOPMENT, ESPECIALLY IF THEY DID THE NORMAL DEV TEAM (INDUSTRY STANDARD) AND STARTED WORKING ON IT WHEN DR2.0 SHIPPED)

Whether it’s our latest game soon to be revealed (SUGGESTS DIRT GAME PER FRIST LINE AND ANNOUNCEMENT SOON), or what comes next for Rally (AGAIN SPECIFICALLY SEPARATING DIRT AND DIRT RALLY), we are incredibly excited to continue making DiRT the franchise (SEEMS TO INCORPORATE DIRT AND DIRT RALLY) for everything we all love about off-road racing. "

 

 

DIRT.jpg

 

It was commented on in the Dirt Rally discord, that this picture contains the font and background for Dirt Rally 2.0 on the left side and the font and colouring for DiRT on the right side.  I think this further highlights the separate teams and franchises, split, yet combined as part of the overall franchise.

Good post mate. Lots of sense there 👍🏼
 

Can’t wait for all the whiners and ARCADE BOIS to appear when details for the next game are announced. 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×