DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Red overalls don't look good inside-out 😛 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

It was a plain blue WRC98 that I had in mind but, now you have mentioned it, I wondered if the driver allocation mentioned in the patch notes applied to any of the above drivers...

yeah, my assumption is that it's for those guys.

blue would be awesome but might create more 22B confusion

Can we at least get a proper colored roll cage for the Impreza 95 and maybe a McRae BRC livery for the Legacy?

7 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Dirt 2.3 and GRID were absolutely brilliant games for pick up and play. I had loads of friends that were not at all interested in racing games that would play them all the time. We used to have a blast playing them, particularly the party modes on Dirt 3 and demolition derby on grid

Exactly. DiRT Rally 2.0 is by far the best rally game I've ever played, but it isn't exactly pick-up-and-play. On the other hand, older DiRT games like 2/3 are a lot of fun with friends because they're immensely easier to play (mainly due to the wider and easier stages I'd say) and everyone can have fun.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DLC is going to remain encrypted for various reasons, sorry.

Thanks anyway. Brilliant game.

3 hours ago, DUKE1 said:

50129468_dirtrally.thumb.jpg.3a990ce4625069facbccff6cc4f35f4c.jpg

Unexpected easter egg! I wonder if there's a flasher as an unexpected event somewhere.....

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

There's a point being missed here:

Why deprive ourselves of entire new rally stages with DR2.0 handling?

You'd really want that, just to have a new arcade game? I seriously doubt that sentiment would last after a few days' play. If arcade driving was what you wanted, there are a ton of those games around.

O Rly? such as? I'm very keen, I've been looking for good arcade racers for ages. I've played all the 90's and early 2000's to death.

Besides, the main line dirt games are criticized for having the roads be too wide and not "hardcore" enough, so what difference would it make to have DR handling? I'd take something arcadey that feels good on all surfaces over the bizarre transitions that DR2 has any day. In fact I explicitly remember playing the early build and we were all very pleased with how tarmac felt, only to be flabbergasted by how awkward Spain is on final release.

16 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Have a look at the reviews for DR2.0

The handling is universally acclaimed. Yes, there are people on this forum who have issues with tarmac - and that is mostly with one track, Spain.

There is no question Codies have struck gold with 2.0's handling. None of the preceding arguments are to say it couldn't be refined further.

Why would I look at reviews when I have first hand experience with the early builds through to the final release and I've seen the other testers reactions along with community thoughts on the forum. But if that's you're standard, I could also say that the Forza Horizon and Driver handling models are universally acclaimed.

10 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

How well did V-Rally 4 do? Arcade game, arcade handling, arcade stages. 

I thought there was loads of arcade games though?

9 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Not really sure. I think a DIRT 2/3 kinda game can work. But those games were also a success due to Ken Block. 

They also had far more content and variety than just rally. Helped keep it from getting stale. As much as people hate it, having something like Battersea or Dirtfish to mess around in was a good way to kill time and get to grips with car control. Or it would be, in D4's case, if it actually behaved like the real game. I still want something with Baja, trucks and buggies, trailblazers. They were fun to drive, and limiting them to 2 tiny oval tracks is very boring.

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

If you look back through recent titles, it is possible to have a more casual-friendly game with a decent handling model. GRID is a good example, cars are fun to drive and push hard in that, even with all the assists off.

A La Driver and Forza Horizon. The're semi-realistic and a blast to play. All the other modern arcade models feel terrible. I just recently replayed Midnight Club 3, and that game is arcade as can be, but still felt good to drive and race in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

No way I would buy it. If I want an arcade rally game, I'd go for Art of Rally or somesuch.

Because a top down arcade racer and a "simcade" are on the same level or something. It's very easy to just not purchase the next title if it doesn't interest you.

For me personally, I was real excited about D4, and after 8 hours I uninstalled it from boredom. I'll not make that mistake again. If D5 has a similarly limited amount of content, then I'm perfectly content with not buying it.

8 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Dirt 2.3 and GRID were absolutely brilliant games for pick up and play. I had loads of friends that were not at all interested in racing games that would play them all the time. We used to have a blast playing them, particularly the party modes on Dirt 3 and demolition derby on grid

I hated Grid. Never felt right, I honestly thought Grid 2 was way better. Autosport was okay, but I never finished it.

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah. As much as people give the gymkhana element of that game grief, the party modes connected to it were brilliant. 

I still think it would be fun if you could Halo Forge it and make your own little courses and time them, or share them online. Then to an extent you'd have a limitless supply of special stages to test your car control. The biggest issue with Gymkhana was that they forced it in the career mode, but it seems like they have different "motorsport careers" you can follow now, so if it made a return you could just not do it.

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Praise for DiRT Showdown? Is that allowed on the forum?... :classic_laugh: 

Myeh, Iunno. I actually completed it, unlike D4.

3 hours ago, DUKE1 said:

50129468_dirtrally.thumb.jpg.3a990ce4625069facbccff6cc4f35f4c.jpg

That guy knows how to party.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That guy knows how to party. 

That drivers have pulled down the Overrall can be seen again and again for example in Formula 1 but in Dirt Rally the mechanics look ridiculous

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I'd take something arcadey that feels good on all surfaces over the bizarre transitions that DR2 has any day.

😂

The wait for today's reveal is so tense. 

Will the new title be Dirt 5, or Dirt 5.0, or DIRT?

Will it be an arcade game like GRID, or an arcade game like GRID, or an arcade game like GRID? 

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

guys announcement or there will be no announcement today ???:classic_blink:

55 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

guys announcement or there will be no announcement today ???:classic_blink:

17 h in france look xbox youtube channel

4 hours ago, MattJelonek said:

How do we rate V-Rally 3?

The driver transfers and team performance changes in that game were amazing, just a shame the physics were ****

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattJelonek said:

How do we rate V-Rally 3?

Career mode structure 10/10 take note Codemasters

Actual gameplay 4/10 Ignore this part Codemasters

• Haha 3

So when are we supposed to get news about the game?