Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Now that they have clearly split the "DiRT" and "Rally" series, I'm wondering if they will make the DiRT Rally 3 logo, cover art and UI more "clean" and minimalistic. Something like Colin McRae Rally 3 would be on point:

Colin McRae Rally 3 (2002) box cover art - MobyGames

Edited by RGgiac
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China_5W.jpg

 

This is a VERY Ken Block livery, I would swear it was one he used.  Certainly inspired by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

@PJTierneyplease answer my last question.Thanks

I think you've tagged him enough. It's 21:30PM in UK and a holiday tomorrow 🙂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, the teaser was a kinda hint (color / style) the game would focus on a more fun note. If I have an impression now, It seems a bit of a mix of DiRT 3, combined with Forza Horizon. Maybe an off-road style version of GRID. Although I don't like GRID, I did like DiRT 3. So we will see. The only difference with DiRT 3, is that D3 was both serious/fun, while D5 shown as fun and a bit over the top game. For now it's not a "day one" buy for me. But that could ofcourse change when more info will be given. 

* Btw, funny to see the old Mustang with a American flag. Is that a subtle 😉 towards Wreckfest?

Cars I did notice (bold is new)

GT
- Aston Martin Vantage
- Ford Mustang (classic)
- Porsche 911 RGT

Buggy (sorry, i am not familiar with them, but noticed different styles)
- Ariel Nomad
- Style 2
- Style 3

Rally
- Citroën C3 R5
- Lancia Stratos
- Ford Escort RS

EDIT: Nice to see Sean Bull Design being called in for the livery designs. He is a great proffesional artist. 

 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the 'Dirt Rally' games but Dirt 5 looks fun, something different. I will be buying 100%. Just awaiting more info now 😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

let's get over-analytical.

No photo description available.

the logo might have some location hints on it. from left to right we have:

  • a vertical lift bridge. the Park Avenue Bridge looks exactly like this, and it's in NYC, which is confirmed.
  • Battersea? almost definitely some kind of factory.
  • a pagoda, presumably referring to China - (confirmed in photos)
  • no idea what that is. a rollercoaster? could be anywhere.
  • [buggy going off a jump, not a location]
  • rock formation. Utah?!
  • christ the redeemer statue in Rio, Brazil (confirmed in blog text)

@JorritVD thought you'd also like to know that on the pre-order page they specify a few more cars

  • Ariel Nomad Tactical
  • Audi TT Safari
  • VW Beetle RX
  • Ford F150 Raptor PreRunner

edit: @PJTierney the description on Steam store page for the game says "under the Christ the Redeemer in Spain." it's, uh, definitely not in Spain.

finally, here's a nice gif of the day-night cycle in Norway

norway2.gif?t=1588872102

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 
 
1
 Advanced issue found
 
 
23 minutes ago, ianism said:
finally, here's a nice gif of the day-night cycle in Norway
norway2.gif?t=1588872102

Adding to this, I'm pretty sure the location is based on Lofoten in Norway.

 

Les-i-les-Lofoten-en-Norve-ge.jpg

Edited by KingOfCoins
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

@PJTierneyplease answer my last question.Thanks

 

48 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I think you've tagged him enough. It's 21:30PM in UK and a holiday tomorrow 🙂 

And also, I’m not going to reveal anything about DIRT 5 that isn’t already out there.
 

I will say one thing though.

  • Did you notice the Ford Escort RS Cosworth in one of the screenshots?
  • Wondered why the DiRT Rally 2.0 version got entirely new engine audio a year after launch?
  • There’s your reason, new recordings 🙂 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys!

Stop asking where the rally content is!

1) Dev letter on Monday spelled out that Dirt and Dirt Rally had split dev teams, allowing Rally to be more focused and Dirt to be more focused.  

2) Dirt is not a Rally game - Dirt Rally is a Rally game.

3) If you want to be pedantic about point 2, Dirt is not a stage Rally game.

4) Dirt Rally is a serious Rally game under the Dirt franchise, Dirt was never a serious rally game.  It's pure, offroad fun.

 

Stop expecting and wanting things from a serious Rally game to be in a fun offroad game - i'll be looking to pick up Dirt 5 if i can because it looks like it'll be a blast - i'll be still eagerly awaiting the next Dirt Rally because that's where my heart is but i fully understand that Dirt games (not Dirt Rally) are not Dirt Rally games.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Come on guys!

Stop asking where the rally content is!

1) Dev letter on Monday spelled out that Dirt and Dirt Rally had split dev teams, allowing Rally to be more focused and Dirt to be more focused.  

2) Dirt is not a Rally game - Dirt Rally is a Rally game.

3) If you want to be pedantic about point 2, Dirt is not a stage Rally game.

4) Dirt Rally is a serious Rally game under the Dirt franchise, Dirt was never a serious rally game.  It's pure, offroad fun.

 

Stop expecting and wanting things from a serious Rally game to be in a fun offroad game - i'll be looking to pick up Dirt 5 if i can because it looks like it'll be a blast - i'll be still eagerly awaiting the next Dirt Rally because that's where my heart is but i fully understand that Dirt games (not Dirt Rally) are not Dirt Rally games.

It is a simple question, which has no hidden intention. Previous games in the "dirt" series had rally, now we just wanted to know if this dirt 5 will have it too. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know that, relax.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just you, and it's not the simple question of does this game contain stage rally.  It's, where is the rally content, we wanted rally content, why is there not rally content.

 

Again, it was explained that rally and well, fun, apparently, are being split, in the dev letter released on Monday.  I'm sure it could contain some rally-like stuff, but i think i'm right in say that Dirt 4 was the odd one out in containing proper stage rally - that was a result of them trying to merge Dirt Rally and Dirt.  Mistakes were made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's not just you, and it's not the simple question of does this game contain stage rally.  It's, where is the rally content, we wanted rally content, why is there not rally content.

 

Again, it was explained that rally and well, fun, apparently, are being split, in the dev letter released on Monday.  I'm sure it could contain some rally-like stuff, but i think i'm right in say that Dirt 4 was the odd one out in containing proper stage rally - that was a result of them trying to merge Dirt Rally and Dirt.  Mistakes were made.

if are many of those questions everywhere, it seems fair to me to communicate and clarify how much the "dirt" and "rally" franchises are separated, because if there are so many questions it is because it was not too clear. In my case I want to have the information on whether or not this dirt 5 will have a stage rally game mode, it does not seem mysterious or revealing to me to say yes or no

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From the blog: 

"With a backdrop of infectious atmosphere and an unforgettable soundtrack"

It's been almost a decade since Codemasters game had a great soundtrack. I'm so glad Dirt 5's getting something

Edited by ark13700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

if are many of those questions everywhere, it seems fair to me to communicate and clarify how much the "dirt" and "rally" franchises are separated, because if there are so many questions it is because it was not too clear. In my case I want to have the information on whether or not this dirt 5 will have a stage rally game mode, it does not seem mysterious or revealing to me to say yes or no

The problem appears to be reading comprehension.

  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ianism said:

@JorritVD thought you'd also like to know that on the pre-order page they specify a few more cars

  • VW Beetle RX

edit: @PJTierney 

The Beetle RX should come in DR2.0 aswell!!!! 😳😳😳😳

its a real shame that now both the Focus RS (DiRT 4) and Beetle (DiRT 5) models are made, but they never were added to DR2 to recreate the American RX championships 😞

Interesting note though, RX might than be in DiRT 5, but than without any WRX license. So we could see a mix of RX Supercars from different seasons, instead based on a certain WRX season. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The Beetle RX should come in DR2.0 aswell!!!! 😳😳😳😳

its a real shame that now both the Focus RS (DiRT 4) and Beetle (DiRT 5) models are made, but they never were added to DR2 to recreate the American RX championships 😞

Interesting note though, RX might than be in DiRT 5, but than without any WRX license. So we could see a mix of RX Supercars from different seasons, instead based on a certain WRX season. 

yeah, looks like it won't have any official connection to the World RX Championship if there's only 10 locations.

1 hour ago, ark13700 said:

From the blog: 

"With a backdrop of infectious atmosphere and an unforgettable soundtrack"

It's been almost a decade since Codemasters game had a great soundtrack. I'm so glad Dirt 5's getting something

Dirt 4's was more than solid imo

personally, I'm most excited to be able to play 4 player split screen (in career?!).

1 hour ago, elrojodp8 said:

if are many of those questions everywhere, it seems fair to me to communicate and clarify how much the "dirt" and "rally" franchises are separated, because if there are so many questions it is because it was not too clear. In my case I want to have the information on whether or not this dirt 5 will have a stage rally game mode, it does not seem mysterious or revealing to me to say yes or no

it's going to have stage rallies. chill.

why would they alienate the core fanbase of the series?

they haven't shown anything about it because when you introduce a new game, you first want to show off what is new and interesting about it. stage rallies being in Dirt games is like parkour and Assassin's Creed: pretty much guaranteed (Showdown excepted, and look how well that did).

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, where or when is the announcement about 'the future of Rally' and the 'big things that boy are you going to love' yadayada? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gfRally said:

DiRT 5. Well, has a feeling of DiRT 2...  not sure if they took rally completely out it will be exactly my/our thing.  Ice is kind of a gymkana meets rallyx.  The buggys etc that is actually played on DIRT looks fun and my style.  I guess as long as there is a cockpit mode, Ill be pretty ok.   Happy that it’s coming in the fall.  

Why would it not have cockpit cam when every CM has had that for 2 decades?

 

8 hours ago, gfRally said:

Oh and I would like to praise the graphics and art teams looks like a good improvement.  🙂

Wonder if it's a new engine.

 

8 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Maybe the rx ,rally, baja...  track from old dirt come back on Dlc ?  

I'd much rather it was in the base game. I'm getting real tired of paying $60 for a demo and needing to cash out to get the full game.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ianism said:

I'm super down though. D2 and D3 were/are excellent, though D2 is overrated imo. it gets really repetitive with not enough locations or vehicles. I don't see that being a problem here though.

D2 had far more content than DR1, D4, and DR2...

 

7 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

By the way, the trailer looks like a bad nightmare........ what does this have to do with Rally

Do you have any concept of what the DiRT series is? It's always been a multi-motorsport series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ianism said:

let's get over-analytical.

the logo might have some location hints on it. from left to right we have:

  • rock formation. Utah?!

I wouldn't say Utah is impossible, but they've already shown footage with big rock features like that in China.

 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Wondered why the DiRT Rally 2.0 version got entirely new engine audio a year after launch?

Man, for a second I thought you said "New audio engine" and I almost got real excited.

 

4 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

It is a simple question, which has no hidden intention. Previous games in the "dirt" series had rally, now we just wanted to know if this dirt 5 will have it too. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know that, relax.

It showed rally in the trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ark13700 said:

"With a backdrop of infectious atmosphere and an unforgettable soundtrack"

If the trailer is anything to go by, I'm saying that's unlikely.

 

But also from the blog:

"The narrative features a voice cast led by the legendary Troy Baker and Nolan North"

I'm tearing up. They aren't in a good place right now. I also don't know why them. I'm 100% sure Troy knows as much at cars and offroad motorsport as he does football.

"partnered by the car culture heroes at Donut Media"

Ugh. I hate to jump on the "dudebro" train, but that guy is rather obnoxious.

 

Split screen is cool though, if only I had friends. Hope I can change the split direction like Grid...2 or Autosport? It's cool to have a second screen and give each their own.

70 different tracks sounds like there should be decent variety, as long it's not doing the DR thing and counting half tracks as their own location.

 

Kind of sounds like this is what the Evo Studios guys have been working on since Onrush flopped.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite things about this trailer - MIXED CLASS RACING AGAIN!!!

image.png.0436084ce6572b4f98dc680d095e1a44.png

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, that is so hilariously Forza Horizon-like in presentation. They should call it Dirtza

And the berserk colour palette would have Willy Wonka saying 'settle down, this is a bit much!'

Gonna give this a wiiiiide berth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll backtrack on my own comments from earlier, Dirt 3 for sure had stage rally, but, well i didn't like it and i think it's a far cry from when they game tried to be stage rally (DR)  Which is fine.

Whether D5 will have proper stage rally is still in question, JZ, i don't remember seeing stage rally in the announce video?  Anyway, if it's what you want, D5 might not be the place to get it.  I'll be wanting D5 for the other stuff.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×