DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

You can see Grand Canyon style rocks in the logo next to the Baja style truck jumping.

Also, I see Citroen are getting a mega plug in this version of the game albeit it's availability in the US market where this game is targeted for.

Can readers here and gamers understand that possibly, this version of Dirt or this series of Dirt could be a boost in profits for Codemasters, a larger market in sales; to now be able to invest and work on the next series or Dirt/Dirt Rally games. Perhaps we're going to get a few requests granted in the next Dirt Rally.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MattJelonek said:

Can readers here and gamers understand that possibly, this version of Dirt or this series of Dirt could be a boost in profits for Codemasters, a larger market in sales; to now be able to invest and work on the next series or Dirt/Dirt Rally games. Perhaps we're going to get a few requests granted in the next Dirt Rally.

That is so obvious it doesn't need to be stated. Nobody sane is suggesting this game should do badly or not exist at all.

The only question was whether they would continue Dirt 4's serious rally stages with a simulation option, and therefore give us rally-sim-gamers some new rallying to do.

As we all expected, that appears not to be the case, but you never know until it's actually played.

Edited by Jake Cushing

Very true Jake.

I've just see online and here a bit of negativity surrounding this new release.

But if you check twitter, it's mental! So many people are excited for it and they all seem to be from the US market so that's positive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'd much rather it was in the base game. I'm getting real tired of paying $60 for a demo and needing to cash out to get the full game.

True but codemasters announced 70 track in game is good and  if codemasters add old track (Dirt 1 , dirt 2 , dirt 3 not dirt 4Because the game have official track) if possible to have more 100 track honnestly i want comeback on usa( track from dirt) , Monaco,london ,  croatia  japan , kenya Indonesia maroc ... Track hillclimb , supercross (Without joker),rally i hope with litle note ,baja ... 

@Jake Cushing, as PJT mentioned in the letter, we won't hear anything soon from DR3, but at the same time confirmed it is in development. Don't expect anything till next year, because the rest of 2020 will be 80% DiRT 5, and the other 20% will be  DiRT Rally 2.0 (eSports, possible the suprises what is mentioned in the letter, etc)

Some details I found from here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1038250/DIRT_5/

• Locations (a): "4 different terrains, but no asphalt it seems: "Blaze a trail on routes across the world, covering gravel, ice, snow and sand".
  • Locations (b): 70+ unique routes
  • Locations (c): 10 different global locations
  • Cars (a): "with a roster of cars ranging from rally icons to trucks, to GT heroes"
  • Cars (b): Pre-Order: Ford F-150 Raptor PreRunner by Deberti Design
  • Cars (c): iconic rally cars
  • Cars (d): 900bhp sprint cars (trailblazer?)
  • Cars (e): "Rallycross, GT, trophy trucks, buggies muscle cars". 
  • Features (a): "Career, four-player split-screen, innovative online modes, livery editor and more new features"
  • Features (b): "everchanging conditions"
  • Features (c): CAREER: story-driven Career mode, Earn sponsorships and unique rewards
  • Features (d): confirmation of split screen Career: "Local split-screen up to four players on offline modes, including Career"
  • Features (e): Online goes from 8 to 12 players: "Online, throw down in curated race playlists for up to 12 players and compete in innovative objective-based modes."
  • Features (f): Photo mode
  • Features (g): Livery editor

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I think i'd enjoy this for the online racing with others.

Dynamic weather and/or track conditions, do we think? ("ever changing conditions")

7 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Come on guys!

Stop asking where the rally content is!

1) Dev letter on Monday spelled out that Dirt and Dirt Rally had split dev teams, allowing Rally to be more focused and Dirt to be more focused.  

2) Dirt is not a Rally game - Dirt Rally is a Rally game.

3) If you want to be pedantic about point 2, Dirt is not a stage Rally game.

4) Dirt Rally is a serious Rally game under the Dirt franchise, Dirt was never a serious rally game.  It's pure, offroad fun.

Stop expecting and wanting things from a serious Rally game to be in a fun offroad game - i'll be looking to pick up Dirt 5 if i can because it looks like it'll be a blast - i'll be still eagerly awaiting the next Dirt Rally because that's where my heart is but i fully understand that Dirt games (not Dirt Rally) are not Dirt Rally games.

For all dirt you have rally with pace note , easy note true but he have note , dirt is easy version of  rally and other off -road sport car  for public( Or casual ) player , if you remove this part ,the game  is same than werckest , dirt showdown , because with dirt you discover the discpline ( example : rally with note and late start )And in plus if you add mixed car on  online  (rgt with muscle car or group A with R5 category )Where is logic ?  Seriously so if you have porsche you destroy the old ford except if codemasters nerf the car . After  i send request for dirt rally to add mixed challenge event ( Day , week , month event )  , add  mixed category on this event is not same  because you play lonely And you have different option (Example rwd historic day or week with h3 , gr B , h2(maybe h1 rwd for the futur) or  kit car vs  group A on tarmac same than 90s , or kit car vs S1600 if codemasters add this category , or 80 s challenge  or other date  for all categoy car but only this 10 years ... ) and you have bonus money  if you not have best car

• Confused 1

Let's just say that i'm really looking forward to the next Rally game whenever it comes, it's gotta be a nice upgrade with it being post next gen consoles 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This isn't DiRT related, but our... well at least @PJTierney's and mine, good friend has once again been forced to "shut down" PRC Trackside, this time because he made a compilation video of professional race drivers stating what they don't like about iRacing.

https://twitter.com/randomcallsign/status/1258121167057162241?s=20

I'm kind of dumbfounded, sad, and confused. I really enjoyed PRC as he called things as they were and tried to bring attention to issues, while the terrible community did as much damage to him as they could, including things that really shouldn't be mentioned. It just sucks that sim racing has become so stagnant that people actively block forward progression and demand that things literally never change at all.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

dirt rally 3.0 confirmed for 2022 ??:classic_mellow:

Maybe 2021 because i think he upgrade dr 2.0 with new feature ( New stage , new  country , upgrade physics (inertia , bump and  jump effect On steering wheel ... ) correct the tarmac rain really strategy tyre,   ,  add dynamic weather feature from D5 , add different season feature From D5 ,correct  pace note ,  maybe he add tyre pressure  setup( Exemple very low ,low , normal high , very high and if is good  for the futur he add more option for  dr 4 or dr5)   and temperature brake and more driving effect on onboard same than dirt 2 and add new car too

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

well in theory they have to spend at least 2 years in my opinion, if someone knows something about it, you can speak well:classic_mellow:@gk9147

Edited by Thierry97

9 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

well in theory they have to spend at least 2 years in my opinion, if someone knows something about it, you can speak well:classic_mellow:@gk9147

Dirt rally  use official current track , so why you want change finland with another same finland ? Same for RX HELL is HELL , codemasters just need add new feature  ,content (car , rally , rx , maybe hillclimb too ) and correct the game , that why i think he come in 2021  maybe before summer because the game is for sim racer , rally and RX fan player 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

This is most likely on the Onrush Engine. Hopefully Dirt rally 3 Will change engine as well.

Edited by kellemann
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, kellemann said:

This is most likely on the Onrush Engine. Hopefully Dirt rally 3 Will change engine as well.

From what I read OnRush in on a modified/upgraded version of the EGO engine too.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

This isn't DiRT related, but our... well at least @PJTierney's and mine, good friend has once again been forced to "shut down" PRC Trackside, this time because he made a compilation video of professional race drivers stating what they don't like about iRacing.

I'm kind of dumbfounded, sad, and confused. I really enjoyed PRC as he called things as they were and tried to bring attention to issues, while the terrible community did as much damage to him as they could, including things that really shouldn't be mentioned. It just sucks that sim racing has become so stagnant that people actively block forward progression and demand that things literally never change at all. 

Right the trailer has nothing and absolutely nothing to do with Dirt or Rally it shows any multiplayer racer or fun racer with bright colors perfect for kids and teens a party gag.......
This game could also have any name and it would not attract attention at all

If you like multiplayer please have a lot of fun with the Grell colorful cars but with serious racing like in Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 this has nothing to do with what was shown so far.

It was written that there are two developer teams, so I hope to see the second team on Dirt Rally.

But thanks for the trailer @Codemasters then I know what I will not buy or sometime used

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

2) Dirt is not a Rally game - Dirt Rally is a Rally game.

Except Dirt 4 was in fact a serious rally game.

And the rallying in Dirt 4 was arguably superior to Dirt Rally 1. Don't believe me? Try the Dirtfish track in D4 and compare to DR1. The cars finally had weight. The problem came with the 'neutral' set-ups which nerfed drift. I still preferred Dirt 4 as the cars were much more believable than DR1's floaty physics.

It is clear now which direction Codies prefer to go, and bully for them too - I hope they make a motza from the new 'candyland theme park racer'.

But let's not have a go at people for asking about the rally element in Dirt 5 before the reveal. It was a perfectly good thing to do.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chukonu said:

From what I read OnRush in on a modified/upgraded version of the EGO engine too.

No, its a brand new engine

Edit. Looks like its a heavely edited evo engine after all.

Edited by kellemann

DR3 should just have a track (stage?) editor, be done with it once and for all, lots of hard work- true.  Have a lite mode that you can spend a few minutes making and advanced mode that you can spend hours on recreating your favorite stage.   Make money with DLC cars, and maybe track feature packs (objects, terrain, etc).  

Be done once and for all with the nagging for more locations, players make their own!   Of course have a few pre built ones.   

Flight Sims have been working this model for years.

ohhhh.. sorry i was daydreaming.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

dirt rally 3.0 confirmed for 2022 ??:classic_mellow:

Good point. Possible early 2022.

-DR1 (consoles): end 2015

-D4: summer 2017

-DR2: early 2019

-D5: October 2020

so basically every 1,5 year a game is being released, so it would make sense than DR3 will be in early 2022. But there are a few considerations:

- there is an extra dev team now that made DiRT 5. Before there was “Just” one team that made the previous DiRT games. This gives more space to the DR team.

- DR2 had a DLC/post release support (which D4 not had), which means a bit longer focus on DR2 than a new game. 

- there is a console generation switch happening.

- there is always a gap between two DiRT games, most likely about a year. But an announcement is being made about 5 months prior (at least that’s the case with D5 and DR2)

i think the biggest benefit is that the DR team can (almost) entirely focus on the Rally title and not need to put energy into an extra game. Meaning more time to create more depth, more time for sorting licensing, etc. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

So, where or when is the announcement about 'the future of Rally' and the 'big things that boy are you going to love' yadayada? 

A long ways away.

14 minutes ago, gfRally said:

DR3 should just have a track (stage?) editor, be done with it once and for all, lots of hard work- true.  Have a lite mode that you can spend a few minutes making and advanced mode that you can spend hours on recreating your favorite stage.   Make money with DLC cars, and maybe track feature packs (objects, terrain, etc).  

Be done once and for all with the nagging for more locations, players make their own!   Of course have a few pre built ones.   

Flight Sims have been working this model for years.

ohhhh.. sorry i was daydreaming.

Can I create a 1/4 stage Monte Carlo that’ll change into the 2/4 to Greece Gravel to then make the other 3/4 and 4/4 of Corsican Tarmac? 😂😂

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I know he recently put up a video calling out all the people that bullied him online over the years, as well as a few criticising iRacing's response to criticism, but either way, looks like he's been through some stuff.

Some details from the video:

- Locations: New York, China, Norway, Brazil, Italy, Arizona
- Confims you can play New York in spring, summer, autumn, winter in different sections of the city
- Sprint cars (900 bhp) on OVALS. 
- In arcade you can choose the weather type including time of day, weather and how fast that should be changing. 
- In career you will sign with real sponsors, you will get a mentor (troy baker) and a protagonist (nolan north). Nolan hinst towards more recognizble faces in the game. Need to beat Nolan if you want win the career. 
- 4K @ 60fps, also option for 120fps. 
- Doesn;t matter if you bu the game for the XBOX one or series X, it will work vica versa. I guess the same for PS5. 
- No loading times on XBOX Series X. I guess the same for PS5

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To those outside of America, here is what Sprint cars are:

perhaps your familiar with it from iRacing.

Edited by gfRally
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1