F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

super not into sprint cars, but they're going for the US audience again.

7 hours ago, gk9147 said:

True but codemasters announced 70 track in game is good and  if codemasters add old track (Dirt 1 , dirt 2 , dirt 3 not dirt 4Because the game have official track) if possible to have more 100 track honnestly i want comeback on usa( track from dirt) , Monaco,london ,  croatia  japan , kenya Indonesia maroc ... Track hillclimb , supercross (Without joker),rally i hope with litle note ,baja ... 

woah woah they already have all the locations decided upon, don't get ahead of yourself. 

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

Right the trailer has nothing and absolutely nothing to do with Dirt or Rally it shows any multiplayer racer or fun racer with bright colors perfect for kids and teens a party gag.......
This game could also have any name and it would not attract attention at all

If you like multiplayer please have a lot of fun with the Grell colorful cars but with serious racing like in Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 this has nothing to do with what was shown so far.

It was written that there are two developer teams, so I hope to see the second team on Dirt Rally.

But thanks for the trailer @Codemasters then I know what I will not buy or sometime used

someone is bitter that they made an arcade game haha

looks very similar in style to Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, so it has everything to do with the Dirt games.

if it's not for you, then fine, but complaining about the colourfulness and saying it's for kids is a little childish. don't forget that some of the best DR2 drivers in the world are teenagers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

And the question remains for me , why CM does not let Cheshire (old Evolution games studio) to make a spiritual successor of Drive Club which probably had the best graphics (among racing games) in current gen and they do expiriments firstly with the tragic Onrush and now with the classic Dirt series? From this first trailer to me the game looks exactly same with Onrush (physics, collisions) with Dirt theme..If so the game will be a big failure! I wish this will not be true!

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Finally, a non-simulator with less serious vibes. DiRT games have always been focused on fun and arcadish physics compared to DR and its successor which took a different approach to pave a way to making a rally simulator and of course rally fans appreciated it and welcomed it with open arms including myself. However, DiRT 5 will likely be an expanded idea of what DiRT 2 was with new cars in line as well as with technological possibilities come in handy.

Some compared it to Forza Horizon which lets you go off-road with ferraris and lamborghinis. For that, I assume DiRT 5 would really interve to redefine that more correctly.

Edited by Darhour
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

And the question remains for me , why CM does not let Cheshire (old Evolution games studio) to make a spiritual successor of Drive Club which probably had the best graphics (among racing games) in current gen and they do expiriments firstly with the tragic Onrush and now with the classic Dirt series?

The people of the old Evolution studio don't own the rights for Driveclub. Sony has them. And as a Codemasters studio, they will do Codemasters games, not Sony's game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

From this first trailer to me the game looks exactly same with Onrush (physics, collisions) with Dirt theme..If so the game will be a big failure! I wish this will not be true!

Is similar than dr 2.0 look the road effect with mud part i think the game  is light version of dr 2.0 is possible D5  have less Car  setup (Maybe not) and  he remove big bad effect collision for multiplayer, remember  this game is for all player

@ianism ok but for dr 2 you know if codemasters add DLC with Dr 1 country ? Before dr 2.0 release date ? (I no said 2 week ago before release date (is Exemple ) On the forums i talk for comeback dr 1 country rally  on dlc in idea  before the first season be announced  on dr 2.0  , and strangely the dr 1 country come on Dlc , if you look or listen other player (Me too) all player want dirt remastered version (especially D1, D2 and D3)so why codemaster not s add season pass with track from this old game  ? if old player  want this track ,why codemasters said no ? I hope the season pass  not cost much for this old track   (remember is only idea )

2 hours ago, ianism said:

woah woah they already have all the locations decided upon, don't get ahead of yourself. 

DiRT 5 looks like a blast and something anyone can pick up and jump into for some arcade fun.

I remember when the Evolution Studios team joined Codemasters and for a long time assumed they were working on a new Grid game similar to Driveclub but was quite surprised when they announced Onrush. I remember trying it out a fair bit when they did an open beta and free to play weekend when it first came out and thought it was enjoyable and a shame when the game didn’t do so well.

Maybe they should have made something based on an already established series like this or Grid at the time and not taken a risk on something entirely new with Onrush.

To me this most definitely from the same team using the same engine they used for Onrush so you can bet it will have beautiful and colourful visuals and be a blast to play. Plus with it being under the DiRT umbrella it will hopefully attract more attention and hopefully be a huge success.  

To me this game seems to have a much clearer identity on what it is trying to be as a pose to DiRT 4 that felt a bit confused and in the middle of arcade and sim trying to cater to both crowds.  Part of me does hope that at some point we might see another DiRT that is more playable for casual fans and yet still have rally as its core, but for now DiRT 5 seems like a fun and off-road arcade experience.  

I think with this they’re definitely making clearer the division between the mainline DiRT games and the sim-focussed DiRT Rally series which is probably no bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nPiipo said:

The people of the old Evolution studio don't own the rights for Driveclub. Sony has them. And as a Codemasters studio, they will do Codemasters games, not Sony's game.

I said a spiritual successor,  not to name this game Driveclub... Graphics/theme  of Driveclub + Codemasters handling/physics = certainly success! But they chosed to make a "go go power rangers" game instead...

Dont get me wrong,  i am interested in Dirt 5 as long as it has proper /decent arcade to simcade physics (with some assist off) and has a fair policy about dlc/pricing ect.. For me among Dirt series,  Colin Macrae Dirt 2 had the best handling/physics  (not counting Dirt rally 1-2).. If it is like that i am in... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

9 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

Right the trailer has nothing and absolutely nothing to do with Dirt or Rally it shows any multiplayer racer or fun racer with bright colors perfect for kids and teens a party gag.......
This game could also have any name and it would not attract attention at all

If you like multiplayer please have a lot of fun with the Grell colorful cars but with serious racing like in Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 this has nothing to do with what was shown so far.

It was written that there are two developer teams, so I hope to see the second team on Dirt Rally.

But thanks for the trailer @Codemasters then I know what I will not buy or sometime used

There was tons of dirt in the game? And once again, Dirt Rally was not the original basis of the franchise... never was. Why this sentiment seems to exist from you makes no sense. The previous Dirt games all had rally content.

9 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Except Dirt 4 was in fact a serious rally game.

Hahahahahaha, no it wasn't. Dirtfish also had very different physics from the rest of the locations, and while yeah, it felt good, you know what it wasn't? A sim.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I know he recently put up a video calling out all the people that bullied him online over the years, as well as a few criticising iRacing's response to criticism, but either way, looks like he's been through some stuff.

Yep. I've finally got fed up and I'm starting my own subreddit to hopefully be able to host this type of content without having to take anything down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoGameRacing/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ianism said:

don't forget that some of the best drivers in the world are teenagers.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

But they chosed to make a go go power rangers game instead...

I didn't know that, that sounds rad!

Voltron | Voltron Amino

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Fixed that for you.

I didn't know that, that sounds rad!

Voltron | Voltron Amino

Talking about Onrush,  i dont know why but OnRush world reminds me of power ranger  universe... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

just wondering when the first announcement of a sim with SMS physics collaboration is coming ? 

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Hahahahahaha, no it wasn't.

😂 Joker tic?

Dirt 4 wasn't a serious rally game?

Here's Paul Coleman:

"If you want sim then it’s a significant improvement on DiRT Rally.

DiRT 4 is a big game. We want more people to play it and to do that we have Gamer handling and more accessibility options but at its heart the simulation engine is beating stronger than ever."

But what would he know? He was only the project lead for the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/5rnuqk/im_paul_coleman_chief_games_designer_for_dirt_4/

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I'm playing Dirt 4 now, with a controller for the first time. there's a surprising number of people still playing the Pro Tour: I'm able to get a session most of the time, which is nice, especially considering the potential number of players to match with is halved because of the two handling models.

I would say Dirt 4 is in some ways a more serious rally game than DR:

• many, many more times of day and weather effects
  • impossible to memorize stages
  • team management & sponsor targets each event
  • car repair system
  • part upgrades -> better parts last longer but are more expensive and time-consuming to fix
  • ability to drive for other teams (allows you to use almost any car in the game, but they take a big % of the prize money)
  • team facility upgrades
  • livery creator w/ sponsors
  • semi-dynamic weather. fog could pop up in stages where the weather was listed as "cloudy", not just ones with "fog" or "fog patches" (yes, those were different options)

but in other ways it's not:

• 1 fewer rally location (plus Michigan is ugly and boring)
  • physics obviously
  • no hillclimb, and a little more focus on landrush and RX.
13 hours ago, gk9147 said:

@ianism ok but for dr 2 you know if codemasters add DLC with Dr 1 country ? Before dr 2.0 release date ? (I no said 2 week ago before release date (is Exemple ) On the forums i talk for comeback dr 1 country rally  on dlc in idea  before the first season be announced  on dr 2.0  , and strangely the dr 1 country come on Dlc , if you look or listen other player (Me too) all player want dirt remastered version (especially D1, D2 and D3)so why codemaster not s add season pass with track from this old game  ? if old player  want this track ,why codemasters said no ? I hope the season pass  not cost much for this old track   (remember is only idea )

they have not said there if will be any DLC locations for Dirt 5. so far they have only confirmed new cars and sponsors etc.

are you really claiming that that CM adding the DR1 locations to DR2 was because you requested it!? do you know how long it takes to remaster a whole 20-30km of stages for a new game? they obviously planned that many months in advance and started working on the DR1 locations before DR2 came out. how do you think Monte Carlo was ready for release less than 1 month after the game came out?

Edited by ianism

The physics of Dirt 4 were every bit as serious as DR1.0

In fact, they were arguably superior, as the cars finally had proper weight. The single, glaring issue was the grip level, and that wasn't much of an issue with certain cars, for example the Subaru NR4. Choose that car and D4 was a superior rally game in every respect over Dirt 1.

At any rate, saying Dirt 4 was 'not a serious rally game' is laughable, as you might as well say DR1 was not a serious rally game.

It was the anomaly in the series, to be sure though.

38 minutes ago, ianism said:

ey have not said there if will be any DLC locations for Dirt 5. so far they have only confirmed new cars and sponsors etc.

are you really claiming that that CM adding the DR1 locations to DR2 was because you requested it!? do you know how long it takes to remaster a whole 20-30km of stages for a new game? they obviously planned that many months in advance and started working on the DR1 locations before DR2 came out. how do you think Monte Carlo was ready for release less than 1 month after the game came out?

For new D5  location wait 

Yes on comment i no create topic , but good luck to find  this comment  you need read more 600 page , very strange you no see this comment because you is always time on this forums 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Dirt rally  use official current track , so why you want change finland with another same finland ? Same for RX HELL is HELL , codemasters just need add new feature  ,content (car , rally , rx , maybe hillclimb too ) and correct the game , that why i think he come in 2021  maybe before summer because the game is for sim racer , rally and RX fan player 

@F2CMaDMaXX your friend have problem and you come lol  but explain me why you laugh ? You think codemasters change all game for DR 3.0 ?

11 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I said a spiritual successor,  not to name this game Driveclub... Graphics/theme  of Driveclub + Codemasters handling/physics = certainly success! But they chosed to make a "go go power rangers" game instead...

Dont get me wrong,  i am interested in Dirt 5 as long as it has proper /decent arcade to simcade physics (with some assist off) and has a fair policy about dlc/pricing ect.. For me among Dirt series,  Colin Macrae Dirt 2 had the best handling/physics  (not counting Dirt rally 1-2).. If it is like that i am in... 

I think Sony own the engine for Driveclub too, whilst the people that made it came across to Codies, i don't think their tech did.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

@F2CMaDMaXX your friend have problem and you come lol  but explain me why you laugh ? You think codemasters change all game for DR 3.0 ?

I'll be honest, i'm struggling to read what you write, but, looking back at the last thing i laugh-reacted to, it was your total lack of understanding for the way game development works.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

For new D5  location wait 

Yes on comment i no create topic , but good luck to find  this comment  you need read more 600 page , very strange you no see this comment because you is always time on this forums 

you misunderstood me. mon point était qu'ils ont sûrement planifié d'incluir les routes de DR1 en DR2 plusieurs mois avant l'annonce du jeu car ça prend si longtemps de les préparer, et MC est sorti si tôt après le jeu de base. donc tes anciens commentaires ici n'ont pas trop influencé, j'imagine.

le prix du jeu de base Dirt 5 est 55 Euros. l'édition deluxe avec tout le DLC coûte 75. environ le même difference entre les prix du DR2 et le version Deluxe avec S1+S2. donc on verra pour des endroits neufs. I hope we get some DLC locations for D5, but I don't know if the old D2/D3 locations will work with the new game modes, and honestly I would prefer something different. I have beaten D2 twice and D3 three times

Edited by ianism

13 minutes ago, ianism said:

you misunderstood me. mon point était qu'ils ont sûrement planifié d'incluir les routes de DR1 en DR2 plusieurs mois avant l'annonce du jeu car ça prend si longtemps de les préparer, et MC est sorti si tôt après le jeu de base. donc tes anciens commentaires ici n'ont pas trop influencé, j'imagine.

le prix du jeu de base Dirt 5 est 55 Euros. l'édition deluxe avec tout le DLC coûte 75. environ le même difference entre les prix du DR2 et le version Deluxe avec S1+S2. donc on verra pour des endroits neufs. I hope we get some DLC locations for D5, but I don't know if the old D2/D3 locations will work with the new game modes, and honestly I would prefer something different. I have beaten D2 twice and D3 three times

Et yes i understand , est ce qu'ils ont parlés d un Dlc avec le retour des rallyes de DR 1 plusieurs mois avant ? la réponse est non , quand j ais parlé du retour de ces pays je ne savais pas que codemasters allait  mettre ces pays en Dlc, et pareil pour dirt 5 je pense que "peut-être" codemasters  peut avoir planfié des Dlc et ne sont pas encore annonçés , un effet de surprise tout simplement  . Surtout pour les anciens joueurs de dirt 

Posted (edited)

The original game is called Colin McRae Dirt
This game has been the only Dirt until Dirt 4 came out with a service area and a rally championship mode.

Dirt Colin McRae was released in 2007 ! Dirt 4 by the way 2017 !
Before that there was Dirt Rally 2015.
With other words there was no real rally game for ten years (from  Codemasters)

Dirt 2>>Fun Racer (2009)
Dirt3>>> already had much more rally (2011)

The trend from Colin McRae to Dirt4  shows that more and more not a fun racer but a rally game.
Of all Dirt games I like the first and the fourth best.

Between Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally lie four years !!!!
You should think about that................

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

These were the years between RBR and Dirt Rally 1...

frostfangs.jpg.a6f2b91a6a092a35ba3e10e4e1c078d6.jpg

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Darhour said:

Finally, a non-simulator with less serious vibes.

1888442720_optimisticpossum.jpg.0257349050f6f06003ae7e3baa0dd4f2.jpg

FINALLY!!!

i MEAN REally and trulY, we have waited so long for a non-simulation driving game

NOW IT BE UPON US

The gates of heaven are SPARKLING HARD for this momentous event

Shine on you crazy DIAMOND go you crazy arcade game thing, we have NEVER seen such bravery go go go you brave sparkly pastel **** thing you

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

These were the years between RBR and Dirt Rally 1...

frostfangs.jpg.a6f2b91a6a092a35ba3e10e4e1c078d6.jpg

Dirt 3 is one of my favourite games, period. it's got lots of snow in it. I like snow. your picture has lots of snow (and Snow) in it too. coincidence? I think not. :classic_ninja:

8 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Et yes i understand , est ce qu'ils ont parlés d un Dlc avec le retour des rallyes de DR 1 plusieurs mois avant ? la réponse est non , quand j ais parlé du retour de ces pays je ne savais pas que codemasters allait  mettre ces pays en Dlc, et pareil pour dirt 5 je pense que "peut-être" codemasters  peut avoir planfié des Dlc et ne sont pas encore annonçés , un effet de surprise tout simplement  . Surtout pour les anciens joueurs de dirt 

yes exactly. I am saying that you made a good guess. but you did not influence them. 🙂