F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Has anyone seen the info about the PS5 audio engine? They're really leaning into it. Seems like what was available on PCs 17 years ago is finally coming back.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The VW Kitcar's great, feels fast for a FWD 🙂 

Prefer the 306 Maxi, on the asphalt that one is goddamn scary

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, it isn't the greatest for manufacturer support at the moment but, that said, I absolutely love the current specification cars! Just imagine taking a current specification car on some of the DR2.0 stages...

The current cars are MAD and I absolutely love them, I was mainly talking about the current state of the Championship. We must also consider that COVID-19 will surely not do well to the finances of teams and that in 2022 the current cars will be replaced by Rally1 cars that are supposed to be more economical but also less advanced. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, RookieOne said:

Prefer the 306 Maxi, on the asphalt that one is goddamn scary

The 306 is my favourite as well: and the kit car class is easily my favourite FWD class in the game (though I do find the R2's fun to drive). 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

though I do find the R2's fun to drive

I drove the Opel Adam again recently. Get that thing up to speed at Poland and it just tears through the landscape 🙂 

I'll just post a link on my thoughts of CM/WRC future.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I drove the Opel Adam again recently. Get that thing up to speed at Poland and it just tears through the landscape 🙂 

I find myself tearing through the landscape in Poland in pretty much anything. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

On 6/3/2020 at 3:23 PM, tbtstt said:

I find myself tearing through the landscape in Poland in pretty much anything. :classic_laugh:

I find the Polish landscape to tear up pretty much anything I drive there. 

Expecially front bumpers and radiators, but doors too sometimes

Where do you think we got the idea for DiRT Rollers? 😉 

I totally want them to do a World Rollycross Championship 😄 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Where do you think we got the idea for DiRT Rollers? 😉 

I totally want them to do a World Rollycross Championship 😄 

I'm sad and confused.

If you enjoy Marbula-E then you should definitely check out Diecast Rally... 

...it is strangely compelling viewing. 

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Holy **** the lockdown needs to end soon.

I just played some D2 with the awful color filters removed, and it still looks shockingly good, especially the reflections are super sharp. Locations are cool too. Hope D5 has a good handling model.

I spied a post from CM (think it was on Facebook?) about the success of the team working remotely. With that in mind, I wonder when we can expect the final update for DR2.0 and if there is any significant content coming in the "surprises" that were mentioned?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:15 PM, tbtstt said:

Toyota in next DiRT game confirmed!

52 minutes ago, sjonshone said:

Get the best resolutions to any of your printer issues with our effective [Spam] process. Get your printers serviced today with us!

No.

2 hours ago, RookieOne said:

Spam filter missed something ?

We get spambots every day on the forum, some post dozens of threads.

There's a bunch of things in place to mitigate that but sometimes one slips through.

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We get spambots every day on the forum, some post dozens of threads.

There's a bunch of things in place to mitigate that but sometimes one slips through.

I usually report them when i see them and they are gone very quick so the moderators doing their job very good on that part.

12 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I usually report them when i see them and they are gone very quick so the moderators doing their job very good on that part.

For spambots it's a 1 button job. [Flag as Spammer] and it hides all their content 🙂 

We still need to do cleanup afterwards but fortunately the worst stuff doesn't get seen.

Latest Racing Line blog is out, here's the rally bits:

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/06/codies-racing-line-june-11-2020/

DR2_SWC_VW_Prizes.jpg

Hello everyone – here’s what’s going on in the world of Rally.

World RX Esports Series – Yas Marina – After two successful World RX Esports Invitationals, a series of four events is now underway, taking us up to the end of July with more big-name rallycross action.

Our recent event was held at the Yas Marina Circuit, with 20 pro drivers and 10 sim racers taking part in separate categories. Charles Leclerc was the star attraction, the Ferrari F1 driver getting a traditional rallycross welcome, with bumps and scrapes everywhere. He even rolled his car at one point, before getting the hang of things and winning his 4th Qualifying Heat. Sadly for Charles it wasn’t enough to take him into the Semi-Finals, but for those that did make it some hectic races awaited. If you haven’t seen the action yet, we’ve got a full playlist over on YouTube, and if you’re not worried about spoilers the race report is here. The next round is at Hell (Norway) on June 21.

The Solberg World Cup – Final Round – Over 16,000 players have been rallying for the past few months and it all comes down to this, the Solberg World Cup’s final Event is upon us and we’re off to Wales.

Many players, myself included, have been enjoying the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 these past few months, so it only seems fitting that Volkswagen are lending their support behind the final round. They’re bringing some pretty sweet prizes, including the actual Manufacturers’ trophy from the 2014 Wales Rally, and a real-life steering wheel from their Polo GTI R5, converted for sim racing. The grand prize is still all to play for however, as the top drivers are very close in the standings. We’ll find out after this Sunday which of them will get to drive a real rally car with Oliver Solberg. If you fancy your chances or just want to play in the game’s largest Club, The Solberg World Cup ends on Sunday.

Car of the Week – Last week’s featured car was the Porsche 911 SC RS, a beautiful machine from the 1980s with an iconic body. You can check it out here. I had a lot of fun throwing this car around Te Awanga Sprint Forward in New Zealand (the Stage you see in the video), the corners flow nicely and once you put the power down the car really sings. I put in more seat time after the video was recorded as I enjoyed the car so much; if you fancy taking on my best time I did a 3:28. That’s good enough for 39th in the world right now, but is certainly beatable if you put the hours in.

This week’s car is the most dominant rallycross machine of all time, the Volkswagen Polo R Supercar. It won 11 of the 12 races in 2018’s FIA World Rallycross Championship, and Johan Kristoffersson is bringing it back as a private entry in 2020. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against the Hansens and their menacing Peugeots.

That’ll do it from me, see you out on the road.

– PJ