DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

53 minutes ago, gfRally said:

There HAS been a lot of nostalgia on the Dirt YouTube channel lately.

We have trailers from the old games as part of the Dishing the DIRT series, but they were initially Unlisted.

We're scheduling them to go public in line with the anniversary of each release. 🙂 

20 hours ago, PJTierney said:

She's just curious about @JZStudios being nostalgic.

Will she return though?

Oh, I wasn't being nostalgic. The first time I watched it was a week ago. It was just funny that after shooting him he just throws the gun in his face.

For slightly more context, there's a channel here that shows some cheesy movies with a "presenter" for some added humor.

Coming soon to a System near you.

Untitled.png.97920ea31729dfd8ae70430de5baec9f.png

And yes, it's real. This will actually be in game.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/03/dirt-5-car-classes/

Porsche 924 Rally comes to Dirt 5

I really Hope it comes to DR 3 too!

• Agree 1

Why have you been locking so many challenges to one specific car? I remember it started when the Flat out got released and its fine every now and then but every day? Today and yesterday it was 2 dailys and today its 2 dailys and 1 weekly.

6 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Why have you been locking so many challenges to one specific car? I remember it started when the Flat out got released and its fine every now and then but every day? Today and yesterday it was 2 dailys and today its 2 dailys and 1 weekly.

My thoughts exactly. The first 5 special events today are locked to a single car, Rally GT Poland (Porsche), Up to 2000cc Finland (Citroen C4 AND Heavy Rain), RX 2019 Belgium (Seat Ibiza AND Heavy Rain), Group B RWD weekly event (lancia 037), and Up to 2000cc weekly event (Peugeot 206). The second RX daily event is also in heavy rain. Between being forced to use certain cars, and the fact that I personally hate the amount of heavy rain that seems to be on the online RX events, the game really is becoming a rare play for me. I know the focus seems to have shifted to Dirt 5, but Dirt Rally 2.0 shouldn’t have been dropped so quickly with the potential this game has. The forum boards have also pretty well dried up for a game only a little over a year past release. 

I heard rumors about something happening in November?

• Confused 1

I’m a little disappointed that we haven’t got any news about those “surprises” that are supposed to come our way. I personally won’t be playing Dirt 5 as much as DR2.0 because it just seems way to arcadey(?) to me. I would like to look forward to something with DR2.0 rather than just assume this game has died off Codemasters attention and simply wait patiently for DR3.0 to come out. 

Does anyone have any information on the surprises coming our way that I might have browsed over? 

With that being said, I still love DR2.0 and will continue to play it as long as I can. 

Also really hoping these surprises are RX related (I basically only play the game for RX tbh). 

3 hours ago, BlackCatMatt said:

Also really hoping these surprises are RX related (I basically only play the game for RX tbh). 

So do I :classic_love:

4 hours ago, BlackCatMatt said:

Does anyone have any information on the surprises coming our way  

Yes.

that I might have browsed over?

We haven't revealed anything yet 😉 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

In April you said there may be plenty of things to keep us occupied when we complained about the 28 days club.

Since then the only thing that have kept me occupied is other clubs.

Edited by somethingthing

Other Clubs, Solberg World Cup (essentially a more competitive Club), yes.

We're not done with DiRT Rally 2.0 yet 😉 

• Like 2

Well, I don't expect anything exciting, to be honest.
Probably another eSports Championship I'm absolutely not interested in.

And since I decided to not buy any game with a "Battle/Podium/whatever"-Pass anymore from now on, DiRT 5 is probably also not an option.
Didn't looked interesting anyway.

So I just hope they keep this bs out of DR3 and focus on the authenticity.
Meanwhile I play DR 2.0 and try to get warmed up with F1 2020, wich is not easy at the moment.

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, I don't expect anything exciting, to be honest.
Probably another eSports Championship I'm absolutely not interested in.

I REALLY hope the surprises aren't eSport related. I am sure that aspect of the game appeals to some, but it doesn't interest me at all. 

• Agree 2

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/07/codies-racing-line-july-23-2020/

DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.15

Bet you thought we were done updating the game, didn’t you? 😉

We’re planning a small update in mid to late August, with a few minor fixes. There may be a few surprises in there too, who knows (well, I do, but you’ll have to wait to find out!).

jennifer aniston yes GIF

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Haven't seen much in Racing game news that has got me excited about, then I read this:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pcars-3-new-developer-blog-post-upgrades.187838/

This is a feature (NOT UPGRADES, but how they work and the limits) that I have been wanting in DR for a long time.  This should not be available on every car, Group B cars should stay the same.  But I have mentioned in the past, for me it would be perfectly acceptable if licensing was an issue, that a could have low end cars where made up (a la Wreckfest) that are basically starter cars like most run in here in the US.  There are some real s***boxes that run, but the teams have lots of fun and its what they can afford.  But as with everything the more you learn and maybe budget more, you will upgrade your car with better suspension, engine (components), etc.  Sometimes these are for the better and sometimes not depending on your car choice and driving skill - can you handle/compete but adding a turbo to your car, does it make sense to move into an other class where you are totally outclassed, does it break other parts of the car, do you now have a car with poor suspension but a faster car that is unweildly?  

I like the Physics based approach that SMS is taking, I hope it works out.

I am not looking at the big picture of what works in a game.  But I think this would ad some fun and competition to a lower class that many may ignore and also a little more realism than starting with an old Alfa that a small team couldn't afford to own (at least here in the US).

37 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ooh, I forgot the mid-to-late August thing - that's creeping up quickly!

Yup, max 35 days 😄 

i20 + rn15 = 35 😁

REINIS-NITISS-AT-WORLD-RX-OF-ABU-DHABI-2019-%C2%A9-GRX-37.jpg

• Like 1

Not really DiRT, but former DiRT chief game designer Paul Coleman is now up to the task for a BTCC game with "Motorsport games" company. The same company who organised the DiRT eSports. I wonder if Codies is in any way involved with this title. The first real BTCC/TOCA games since codies Toca games. 

http://www.btcc.net/2020/07/29/motorsport-games-signs-long-term-agreement-with-the-british-touring-car-championship-to-create-video-game-and-esports-series/?fbclid=IwAR2cpBtDAGB7jznG-jFgARh2Vj6fT0mj4b9MLYGGf13NFfybdvBnrN_ZFOU

• Like 2