DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Perth and Kinross, Scotland - Resolved issue regarding notable FPS drop on South Morningside and Old Butterstone Muir Stages (narrow bridge section).

Thank you.

Although I hope this

Rallycross:

• Adjusted performance of AI drivers in wet conditions (decreased pace by 1%).

is a typo and pace has actually increased, Rallycross AI was noticeably easier to beat in wet conditions compared to dry at the same difficulty 

Does look good...

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_1_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_2_DWS-1024x576.jp

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_3_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_4_DWS-1024x576.jp

...though I was expecting is to have something new to drive today!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

How do the qualifier work? Is it just to drive it like a regular daily/time trial and is it rally or rallycross? Also another question is if this car will be very overpowered compared to the ones we already got?

Edited by somethingthing

42 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Although I hope this

Rallycross:

• Adjusted performance of AI drivers in wet conditions (decreased pace by 1%).

is a typo and pace has actually increased, Rallycross AI was noticeably easier to beat in wet conditions compared to dry at the same difficulty 

No, it's decreased. @UnderclassGDfan was the one that reported AI performance I believe, and it was tested/confirmed.

39 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Does look good...

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_1_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_2_DWS-1024x576.jp

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_3_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_4_DWS-1024x576.jp

...though I was expecting is to have something new to drive today!

The Mk.8 Fiesta has always been a weird one for me, at least in its Rally versions... sometimes I really like them, sometimes I feel like there's something not quite right. Might be because I absolutely loved the Mk.7 Fiesta WRC post-facelift. 

Although I have to say, the new Fiesta R5 looks a lot better than the current Fiesta WRC, might be the headlights. 

I have a question though, do I need to have Playstation Plus to access the World Series? 

36 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

How do the qualifier work? Is it just to drive it like a regular daily/time trial and is it rally or rallycross? Also another question is if this car will be very overpowered compared to the ones we already got?

No idea on car's performance (probably still being refined), but Jon says it's rather good.

And yes, you'll see a Qualifier tab in-game. Do a valid run on that and check your My team rewards when 1.16 releases.

2 minutes ago, carpa said:

I have a question though, do I need to have Playstation Plus to access the World Series? 

No. Same as a normal Leaderboard or Daily Challenge in structure.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

No idea on car's performance (probably still being refined), but Jon says it's rather good.

And yes, you'll see a Qualifier tab in-game. Do a valid run on that and check your My team rewards when 1.16 releases.

Anything else coming in 1.16? And is that going to be the last update, or is it going to go up to a fitting 2.0?

1 minute ago, merseyxshore said:

Anything else coming in 1.16? And is that going to be the last update, or is it going to go up to a fitting 2.0?

Too early to talk about 1.16, nothing confirmed except the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII.

• Like 2

I hope the CM audio squad have been able to get some time with an R5 Evo 2...

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

So if anyone wants some new Gossip to work on, that Fiesta's licence plate is:

"CMR5 20"

CM - Codemasters. 
R5 - R5
20 - 2.0 

• Agree 1

Patch notes mentions that World Qualifiers tab is re-enabled in 1.15, but I don't see it in my game on xBox. 🤔

1 minute ago, Balazsryche said:

Patch notes mentions that World Qualifiers tab is re-enabled in 1.15, but I don't see it in my game on xBox. 🤔

Qualifiers haven't started yet, they're a week away.

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Qualifiers haven't started yet, they're a week away.

I know but before and after the previous qualifiers,the tab was there, just empty. According to 1.15 patch notes I was expecting the same and to be "activated" next week. 😉

Bear in mind server updates are likely still rolling out too. Either way, it should be appearing soon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot that in the latest patch the volume of the German Co-Driver for Scotland was once again not adjusted

If you get the Fiesta R5 MKI it will replace the Fiesta R5 in the game or do you have two Fiesta R5 to choose from?

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

If you get the Fiesta R5 MKI it will replace the Fiesta R5 in the game or do you have two Fiesta R5 to choose from?

It's an entirely new car. The current car is Ford Fiesta R5 (I put MKI in front of it to make it easier to tell the two apart), the new car will be Ford Fiesta R5 MKII.

Take a look in Rallycross and see how many Ford Fiestas are in there 😄 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No, it's decreased. @UnderclassGDfan was the one that reported AI performance I believe, and it was tested/confirmed.

Did I? Errr...I can't remember, lol 🤣

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's an entirely new car. The current car is Ford Fiesta R5 (I put MKI in front of it to make it easier to tell the two apart), the new car will be Ford Fiesta R5 MKII.

I think his question was, when the new Fiesta comes into the game, if the old one gets removed.
But that would be...not a good idea.
And I doubt it.

By the way...A NEW CAR? WOHOHOOOO! 😍

I hope this will be handeled like the M2 Competition, so it gets available normally after half a year or so.

And some good fixes in that update, too.
The DiRT Rally-Team knows how to make me happy over and over again!
Well, that sounds weird!

Posted (edited)

Are we allowed to run the World Series qualifiers on more than one platform ?????

Edited by Nine-Red

43 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

So there will be two fiestas to choose from ?

43 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Did I? Errr...I can't remember, lol 🤣

Somebody reported wet RX times being faster than expected, I think it was you 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Nine-Red said:

Are we allowed to run the World Series qualifiers on more than one platform ?????

Wait for the Sporting Regulations (should be tomorrow), to confirm the rules.

9 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

So there will be two fiestas to choose from ?

Yes.

43 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I hope this will be handeled like the M2 Competition, so it gets available normally after half a year or so.

It most likely will. Might not even need a patch, we just add the car to the My Team rotations. Don't expect it till early 2021 anyways.

• Thanks 1