DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

7 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Will the new Fiesta have free repairs ?
Like the BMW M2 from the first World Series

Yes

• Like 1

Essentially, remember how the BMW M2 Competition was handled last year?

That.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Does look good...

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_1_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_2_DWS-1024x576.jp

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_3_DWS-1-1024x576.

DR2_Ford_Fiesta_R5MKII_4_DWS-1024x576.jp

...though I was expecting is to have something new to drive today!

@PJTierney First of all --> WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Kudos to the team for this great addition! Really unexpected and absolutely amazing!

Secondly, there's only one question that pops into my mind straight away which is: Will the Ford Fiesta R5 Mk.II be encrypted or not? In other words, will we be able to create designs on it? The M2 wasn't encrypted so I hope this one isn't either because I'm already planning a few new liveries for that one! 😄 

For example:

Cais in Francia con una R5 - FIA ERC | European Rally ChampionshipKevin Demaerschalk in Omloop van Vlaanderen met Ford Fiesta R5 ...

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 1

Should be the same as the M2, hopefully.

• Like 1

The usual treat, didn't actually expect this update today amidst the FS2020 Launch ^^

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Jon confirms the correct audio for the new Fiesta R5 in a comment on Facebook: 

Screenshot_20200818-202931.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Jon confirms the correct audio for the new Fiesta R5 in a comment on Facebook: 

Screenshot_20200818-202931.png

Awesome! and i was just checking my sources, too! 😄

4 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

@PJTierney First of all --> WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Kudos to the team for this great addition! Really unexpected and absolutely amazing!

Secondly, there's only one question that pops into my mind straight away which is: Will the Ford Fiesta R5 Mk.II be encrypted or not? In other words, will we be able to create designs on it? The M2 wasn't encrypted so I hope this one isn't either because I'm already planning a few new liveries for that one! 😄 

For example:

Cais in Francia con una R5 - FIA ERC | European Rally ChampionshipKevin Demaerschalk in Omloop van Vlaanderen met Ford Fiesta R5 ...

I am gonna make Erik Cais livery! Is one of my favourite driver 🙂 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No. Same as a normal Leaderboard or Daily Challenge in structure.

Okay, great to know. And since the Mk2 has the proper audio, great to hear too... 

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yes

39 minutes ago, carpa said:

Okay, great to know. And since the Mk2 has the proper audio, great to hear too... 

Hi PJ.

with the 1.6 update does everybody get the new car. Many thanks.

3 hours ago, SkyRex said:

The usual treat, didn't actually expect this update today amidst the FS2020 Launch ^^

I do prefer the design I created for the RAF earlier this year to be honest... 😅

Image may contain: car, cloud, sky, outdoor and nature, text that says "CF20RAF CF20RAF ORDINARY AIRFORCE OROYAL OROYAL AIRFORCE SRD Sims Racing Design ARTWORK"

Will it now be the last piece of content for sure @PJTierney? Or is there still something in the pipeline.

10 hours ago, Kenny1962 said:

Hi PJ.

with the 1.6 update does everybody get the new car. Many thanks.

1.6 was a long time ago 😉 

In 1.16 the car will likely be available in places where you don't need to "own" a car (Time Trial etc.), but to get it in My Team you need to do the Qualifiers.

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

Will it now be the last piece of content for sure @PJTierney? Or is there still something in the pipeline.

That would be telling 😉 

I wouldn't expect any more cars or locations though.

Liveries and other details are cool...

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

...but this is the bit I am most interested in. 

Real shame we aren't going to get the GRX i20, but I am really excited about the new Fiesta R5 and there is still one more patch to give us that all blue S4S5... :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

1.6 was a long time ago 😉 

In 1.16 the car will likely be available in places where you don't need to "own" a car (Time Trial etc.), but to get it in My Team you need to do the Qualifiers.

That would be telling 😉 

Hi PJ. Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry I meant 1.16. I play mostly not on line as it runs better 😎

@PJTierney stupid question, any chances of the new cars/classes and rallies added through DLC of being available in historical mode ? (just something I think that would be nice)

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, RookieOne said:

@PJTierney stupid question, any chances of the new cars/classes and rallies added through DLC of being available in historical mode ? (just something I think that would be nice)

I have been hoping for this since we started getting DLC car classes, but I suspect it is unlikely at this point. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing they're not available there because Historics doesn't have DLC Class Championships.

Can you select the SUBARU Legacy RS when you do Group A? That's the only DLC car in a non-DLC Class.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm guessing they're not available there because Historics doesn't have DLC Class Championships.

Can you select the SUBARU Legacy RS when you do Group A? That's the only DLC car in a non-DLC Class.

no, you can't use the Legacy. the M2 is the only car to be added to historic championships post-launch, and the 911 RGT is the only DLC-ish car in there, and it was in the game at launch. it's a shame, I would have liked a little more singleplayer-curated content.

here's a weird one. in the Colin McRae mode (Monte Carlo 1998 to be specific), there is a weather condition that is unavailable in every other game mode in this location: Heavy Snow. normally, the time of day & weather options for Monte Carlo are:

• Daytime/Clear
  • Sunset/Cloudy
  • Sunset/Light Snow
  • Dusk/Cloudy
  • Night/Clear
  • Night/Light Snow

579816009_DiRTRally2_0_20200819100506.thumb.jpg.6f812451c84799b998c8ab675c3346b8.jpg

and in case you're wondering, yes it does look different. it's more noticeable when you're driving, but you can tell in the screenshots too. left is heavy snow/sunset, right is light snow/sunset

16311227_DiRTRally2_0_20200706111749.thumb.jpg.7c1377cfc9c92809b0ff3e6d76ceedc4.jpg1042928197_DiRTRally2_0_20200706112442.thumb.jpg.33ce128bae932e8c623091e803ca646d.jpg1128399930_DiRTRally2_0_20200706112109.thumb.jpg.2dedac20e3a86cfd518ff9e4d863ef05.jpg1496840822_DiRTRally2_0_20200706112956.thumb.jpg.00b84dcc1114aea8e1d59bfe3f9766a5.jpg

Edited by ianism

In entirely unrelated news, I got bored and messed around with Lego. 50 points to whoever can guess what they are.

download.png.d9f633cd03f750d726d851ebceb3e4f0.png