Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, gfRally said:

Been to PIMA, didn't realize that it was Private.  I got a number of unique photos there, as well.  Not too often do you find a B58 Hustler outside with typical desert dust on it, instead of the rather pristine museum pieces.  

 

MSFS is around 120gb to download.  I think they say 150gb hard drive space after decompression.  All in all...  I am glad I got it on Gamepass, it crushes my system, and as much hype as there is about the scenery being so detailed, this is based on BING maps not Google.  They do not have the most up to date data, also stuff like bridges are kinda right but they are built like buildings - they are solid objects.  This is different on the hand crafted cities.  I live near one of the cities that has not been touched.   Anyhow, from about 500-1000ft up it looks pretty good except for a few autogen buildings.  

 

It was satisfying to crash into my house, though!

A few years ago we had some Japanese guys come out for business. We dropped them off there and a few hours later we got a call from a rather confused lady at the counter.

 

Jeez. Still smaller than COD. What's the difference between Bing and Google? Other than the fact I forgot Bing exists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

will there be a patch or maintenance work tomorrow ?

No, 1.15 was last week so that we didn't have to do it tomorrow 🙂 

The World Series events are server-side, we just need to switch them on (they're scheduled) and you'll see them in the game, but the code for them needed to be in 1.15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

will there be an adjustment of the volume of the german co-pilot in scotland with the next patch ?
The bug has been known for months and has not been fixed for the german rally drivers yet

for all languages except german this bug is already fixed, i really wonder why not for german rally drivers

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Online events not working

 

20200825134740_1.jpg

Looks like we've run out of Challenges in the calendar.

 

I'll flag it and we'll get more added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VolusiaF5 said:

Has AI difficulty in Masters rally career been adjusted since the update?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't much of a Gossip, but I just wanted to really say thank you to the devs of this game. 

For context, my good old pedal set from the Thrustmaster T300 recently did a Maverick Viñales: the brake pedal snapped in half as I was approaching Turn 1 in Hungary on F1 2020, therefore I've had to go back to my roots and play all racing games with a pad. 

To my surprise, the only game which allows me to drive without making an utter fool of myself is the one that also offer the most stuff I could crash into: DiRT Rally 2.0

I mean, in all the circuit racing games the worst thing I could manage to crash into is a barrier or my teammate, and I inevitably crash into one of them EACH RACE. DiRT, on the other hand, gives me a plethora of hard stuff to bend my car around, and still the gamepad controls are so good that I don't. Well, I don't crash more than I did with the wheel, that is. 

This is all to say, thank you guys❤️

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you set your pad up using PJ Tierney's settings, on here somewhere, you can drive really well In DiRT Rally 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, this game is a masterpiece of gamepad control input design.

I can strongly recommend these guys for a custom gamepad. They're the only ones I've found who provide extra-stiff stick movement as an option. This is superb for driving games like DR2.0 as you get more precise control. And their gear is great quality.

https://battlebeavercustoms.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is wrong with this game ??
at the daily event in argentina you drive subaru legacy from the start 15km/h and then the car stops and crawls on with 9km/h !!
The ******* car just won't drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with manual gear shift the car just won't drive forward

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

If you set your pad up using PJ Tierney's settings, on here somewhere, you can drive really well In DiRT Rally 2.0.

 

20 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Yep, this game is a masterpiece of gamepad control input design.

I can strongly recommend these guys for a custom gamepad. They're the only ones I've found who provide extra-stiff stick movement as an option. This is superb for driving games like DR2.0 as you get more precise control. And their gear is great quality.

https://battlebeavercustoms.com/

Neat 🙂 

 

I still use a KontrolFreek Speed Freek Apex, I've got it on one of the magnetic sticks for the Elite controller so I can swap it out no problem.

 

They're discontinued now though.

 

Kontrolfreek Speedfreek Controller Extension : forza

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this ridiculous rally game where the car does not drive!
It took me more than 5 minutes for one sector because the car just does not accelerate

Super Game

  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No.

Are there any plans to adjust it?  because this is ridiculous. Number 1 AI sets the same time as 12th fastest player in the world.

DiRT Rally 2.0 (5).png

DiRT Rally 2.0 (2).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Career Leaderboards are less competitive than Time Trial as people aren't pushing flat-out.

Ideally, Masters should be about 3% pace off the Time Trial World Record, or thereabouts. 

 

No plans to change AI performance at this stage of development by the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't know what's changed but in DR1 I won the masters after a lot of hard work. I jumped straight into DR2 and worked my way to Masters but the gap between elite and masters is next level. Masters on 2 is like Pro on DR1. I'm not even competitive at this level meaning career is now pretty boring to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DR2 Masters is harder, yes.

Jon Armstrong set a fair chunk of the benchmark times that AI pace is built off of, and he's pretty quick 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

 

 

Kontrolfreek Speedfreek Controller Extension : forza

 

I need to get a new thumbstick. Over time the left one has worn out and it's not super accurate anymore in diagonal directions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

what is wrong with this game ??
at the daily event in argentina you drive subaru legacy from the start 15km/h and then the car stops and crawls on with 9km/h !!
The ******* car just won't drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with manual gear shift the car just won't drive forward

1) That's the wrong thread for a bug report.
2) Could you please stop writing in that "give me attention" type of style?
3) Did you checked you're controller/wheel? The input settings? Is the car maybe damaged? Transmission, engine, turbo?

1 hour ago, VolusiaF5 said:

Are there any plans to adjust it?  because this is ridiculous. Number 1 AI sets the same time as 12th fastest player in the world.

Don't look at the placement.
Look at the time gap between 1st in the world and that 12th place. More than 21 seconds. Quite much room for improvement.
(I don't say it's easy.)

16 minutes ago, VolusiaF5 said:

Well I don't know what's changed but in DR1 I won the masters after a lot of hard work. I jumped straight into DR2 and worked my way to Masters but the gap between elite and masters is next level. Masters on 2 is like Pro on DR1. I'm not even competitive at this level meaning career is now pretty boring to play. 

Masters on 2 is like Pro on DR1?
And you beat Masters in DR1 you said...sooo? Is there a misunderstanding?
What's the problem?

Is the career too hard or too easy for you? I'm honestly not sure.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

1) That's the wrong thread for a bug report.
2) Could you please stop writing in that "give me attention" type of style?
3) Did you checked you're controller/wheel? The input settings? Is the car maybe damaged? Transmission, engine, turbo?

Don't look at the placement.
Look at the time gap between 1st in the world and that 12th place. More than 21 seconds. Quite much room for improvement.
(I don't say it's easy.)

Masters on 2 is like Pro on DR1?
And you beat Masters in DR1 you said...sooo? Is there a misunderstanding?
What's the problem?

Is the career too hard or too easy for you? I'm honestly not sure.

Masters in DR1 was the perfect balance of very high difficulty but ultimately achievable. Masters on DR2 is much, much harder than Elite and even harder than Masters on DR1. As a result I place mid to low table on every really, never getting a podium, so career is basically over for me now since if it isn't competitive it isn't fun. Worse yet there is no option to drop back down to pro or elite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VolusiaF5 said:

Masters in DR1 was the perfect balance of very high difficulty but ultimately achievable. Masters on DR2 is much, much harder than Elite and even harder than Masters on DR1. As a result I place mid to low table on every really, never getting a podium, so career is basically over for me now since if it isn't competitive it isn't fun. Worse yet there is no option to drop back down to pro or elite 

Is it in every car class like that for you?
I know there are some classes in some locations (like poland as an example) were the AI is especially hard.
H2 FWD and R2 I remember were very hard.

You also could make it even harder if you choose a slightly less competitive car like the Escort in Group A.

 

I achieved also a win in Masters in DR1 and beat Elite on DR2.0 quite dominant, but never tried Masters, because of a technical problem wich is resolved since a while.
So I maybe try that out and see, if it is really that hard.
Just need to decide what class I will use...
In what class you tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Is it in every car class like that for you?
I know there are some classes in some locations (like poland as an example) were the AI is especially hard.
H2 FWD and R2 I remember were very hard.

You also could make it even harder if you choose a slightly less competitive car like the Escort in Group A.

 

I achieved also a win in Masters in DR1 and beat Elite on DR2.0 quite dominant, but never tried Masters, because of a technical problem wich is resolved since a while.
So I maybe try that out and see, if it is really that hard.
Just need to decide what class I will use...
In what class you tried it?

I tried Group A with the Evo, and an Impreza for the up to 2000s class. Neither were competitive. 

I think people only beat it by picking the most powerful car in each class, turning sim damage off, getting all the upgrades and doing the same stage over and over in time trials to practice.

To me that is not very fun so im switching to WRC 8

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add that I really appreciate that the AI is so hard, and I say that as someone who's never managed to get to the top level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×