DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

On 8/24/2020 at 11:54 AM, JorritVD said:

Btw, about the AI Rallycross fix. The AI in your own race are super slow, while the AI in other races were super fast though. So that caused some strange inconsistent results. 

so the fix should make this a bit better, but not fixes the issue that AI in your own race is superslow in wet condistions. I rather saw that the AI in wet in your own race would be faster with a few percent, so they match the 100% difficulty and the AI times in the other races.

This

• Like 1

Hey, any chance DR2.0 gets the latest spec Fabia alongside the MK8 Fiesta R5?

4 hours ago, macebig said:

the Fabia R5 Evo is already in the game

16 hours ago, sqdstr said:

the Fabia R5 Evo is already in the game

No. There is a new spec car with different aero scoop and the Skoda logo replaced by lettering. That's the car that is gonna appear in Dirt 5.https://fabiarally2.cz/parametry/en/

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, macebig said:

No. There is a new spec car with different aero scoop and the Skoda logo replaced by lettering. That's the car that is gonna appear in Dirt 5.https://fabiarally2.cz/parametry/en/

there is no new (3rd model) spec car, it is the Evo model that is already in the game. 

the original Fabia R5 debuted in 2015 and the Evo model debuted last year (2019).

the most visible difference between both cars are the headlights (Evo has flat bottom), both sides of the front bumper are a bit different and the front grille (height), the roof scoop u talk about is the same on both versions of the car (original & Evo), see picture below:

00_title2.jpg

the version of the Evo in DR2 indeed has a different roof scoop, but that will probably be because they licensed a test version of the Evo, see picture below:

cover.jpg

Does this clear up your question? 🙂

Edited by sqdstr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sqdstr said:

there is no new (3rd model) spec car, it is the Evo model that is already in the game. 

the original Fabia R5 debuted in 2015 and the Evo model debuted last year (2019).

the most visible difference between both cars are the headlights (Evo has flat bottom), both sides of the front bumper are a bit different and the front grille (height), the roof scoop u talk about is the same on both versions of the car (original & Evo), see picture below:

00_title2.jpg

the version of the Evo in DR2 indeed has a different roof scoop, but that will probably be because they licensed a test version of the Evo, see picture below:

cover.jpg

Does this clear up your question? 🙂

You don't know what I am talking about, so stop embarrassing yourself. THIS is a newer spec of the Fabia, included in Dirt 5. https://www.facebook.com/132609796811597/posts/4221381314601071/

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

The Skoda in the game is the Evo, but not the absolute most recent spec of the Evo. The car in DR2.0 is this one (but with testing roof):

image.thumb.png.f287fae722bbff9a0650c7345b03e005.png

image.thumb.png.d1909e35b9e06c73b666a57b930e540a.png

So yeah, if macebig is saying it's not a Fabia Evo, he's wrong. If he's saying it's not the most recent spec of the Fabia Evo, then he is right.

Though, to me, the different roof scoop and lettering are not deal breakers.

Edited by warpengage

12 hours ago, macebig said:

You don't know what I am talking about, so stop embarrassing yourself. THIS is a newer spec of the Fabia, included in Dirt 5. https://www.facebook.com/132609796811597/posts/4221381314601071/

No there is no new spec and there is no reason at all for you to become so aggressive, the only things you talk about are different lettering and roof scoop but as I explained before the roof scoop is not new, it's the same on both versions of the Fabia R5, only a test car of the Evo model had a different roof scoop. 

And about your lettering argument, just read this article then from Skoda Motorsport themselves.

"In line with the new FIA terminology, the ŠKODA FABIA R5 evo has been renamed ŠKODA FABIA Rally2 evo,"

"This change, initiated by the FIA, is a purely formal decision, aimed to align the model names to the class designations. There are no changes from the technical point of view, and we will continue to supply our customers around the world with the reliable, high-quality car they know and like"

https://www.skoda-motorsport.com/en/skoda-fabia-rally2-evo-new-season-new-name/

Just because it has a new livery doesn't mean it's a new spec car, it's just a name change to fit in the new FIA class system. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 11:27 PM, PJTierney said:

Neat 🙂 

I still use a KontrolFreek Speed Freek Apex, I've got it on one of the magnetic sticks for the Elite controller so I can swap it out no problem.

They're discontinued now though.

Kontrolfreek Speedfreek Controller Extension : forza

That's a smart and simple hack. And also near impossible to find now, alas. 

Anyhow, I'm happy with my Battle Beaver. Rounded, rubberised sticks with super extra stiffness - a joy to rally with! 

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Anyhow, I'm happy with my Battle Beaver. Rounded, rubberised sticks with super extra stiffness - a joy to rally with! 

I knew a girl once with a battle beaver, except... nevermind. This is a family friendly forum.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

That's a smart and simple hack. And also near impossible to find now, alas. 

I know somebody made a 3D-printed replica, maybe have a look on Thingiverse and see if any are floating about.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, macebig said:

The Ford Fiesta R5 MKII is the final rally car planned to be added to DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

The Ford Fiesta R5 MKII is the final rally car planned to be added to DiRT Rally 2.0.

"...the final rally car...". Guess those guys praying for the RX hyundai are in luck 😄 ... (gossip mode on)

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Opassac said:

"...the final rally car...". Guess those guys praying for the RX hyundai are in luck 😄 ... (gossip mode on)

Ha: I read that and was going to post on behalf of all the optimists... 

...but you have already done it! 😄 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

Well, I want to trust that "the final rally car" theory and dream about the i20 RX. :classic_ninja:

I am reluctant to let you get excited, as I don't want to see you disappointed again when the next patch comes out!

Edited by tbtstt
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

More a heads up for any Xbox players than anything else; much like how pretty much every game on Xbox One is playable on Series X, all your wheels and gear are compatible too.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

Any officially licensed Xbox One accessory that connects to your console wired or wirelessly via USB will work on Xbox Series X.
Additionally, any headsets that connects via your Xbox Wireless Controller’s 3.5mm port will also be supported.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

More a heads up for any Xbox players than anything else; much like how pretty much every game on Xbox One is playable on Series X, all your wheels and gear are compatible too.

Would've been cool if Sony and MS weren't such buttholes moving from last gen to current gen. My Fanatec initially worked fine on PS4 until Sony patched it out because it wasn't an official "PS4  wheel." Same thing with MS, except it never worked. No reason the Xone couldn't use it.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Do anyone know which other countries it is in the monthly R5 challenge except Wales?

Wales, Scotland and Finland I believe.

• Like 1

Hi @PJTierney, I have been watching videos of "D5 playgrounds" and it looks great, I would like this feature of track creation to be applied to the next dirt rally game. As we have seen, "D4 yourstage" did not work as it should, but if you a tool like the one "D5 playgrounds", applied to natural settings, with different species and sizes of trees, shrubs, mounds of earth, stones, different surfaces, sections, which can be manipulated for example to the length and width of a straight section, or curve, and you can add one by one the vegetation as well as all kinds of things can be added in "D5 playgrounds", it could truly bring infinite life to a rally game with good physics and cars. Is possible that this message are send to the developers?

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, Martín Cleppe said:

Hi @PJTierney, I have been watching videos of "D5 playgrounds" and it looks great, I would like this feature of track creation to be applied to the next dirt rally game. As we have seen, "D4 yourstage" did not work as it should, but if you a tool like the one "D5 playgrounds", applied to natural settings, with different species and sizes of trees, shrubs, mounds of earth, stones, different surfaces, sections, which can be manipulated for example to the length and width of a straight section, or curve, and you can add one by one the vegetation as well as all kinds of things can be added in "D5 playgrounds", it could truly bring infinite life to a rally game with good physics and cars. Is possible that this message are send to the developers?

at the very least it would be a really good tool to create our own SSS-style stages (and RX tracks, though I don't know if the AI would be able to handle them)

• Agree 1