DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I have already participated twice in a World Series Qualifier and did not get a Ford Fiesta Mk2 for my team

Why ?

Edited by gleylancer571

23 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I have already participated twice in a World Series Qualifier and did not get a Ford Fiesta Mk2 for my team

Why ?

Because [technical reason I barely understand myself].

It'll be resolved soon, I got an update about it this morning so not long now.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Because [technical reason I barely understand myself].

It'll be resolved soon, I got an update about it this morning so not long now. 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

the new engine sound of the VW Polo R5 is very strange it squeaks

It is a weird noise in real life. First time I heard one on stage I thought it was broken! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

the new engine sound of the VW Polo R5 is very strange it squeaks

Here is the example:

For me - 100% real life and I love it!

• Agree 4

Did a quick run in the new Fiesta. Sounds awesome 🙂 

Thanks Codies.

Looking forward to the announcement and release of DR3 in 2021. 

• Agree 6

Many thanks for the new Fiesta it's fantastic. WRC will rock with you guys. Can't wait.

• Like 1

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/new-world-rallycross-championship-promoter-2021/4886618/

Now that it is very likely IMG won't continue with WRX, what would this mean for future WRX content/license in the next DiRT Rally (my expectation in 2021)? 

Having a license does has it advantages, but also disadvantages. 
DiRT 3 didn't had an official Rallycross license, as goes the same for DiRT 5. 
One side gives that possible more freedom for the developers and also licensing, meaning locationwise we won't be limited to WRX locations, while also for cars and liveries it might get easier, also in combination with for example a livery editor. In D5 this is already noticable with a combination of American Rallycross supercars (Subaru and the all new VW Beetle) and WRX supercars (Audi, Megane and 208) already confirmed so far and having the ability for a kinda livery editor (which i believe is more a pattern editor)

it could be the next DiRT Rally will get a more semi-fictional Rallycross part, while Rally already was ofcourse (though the rumored future WRC license might change this), meaning we could have a combination of Supercars and locations as never seen before. Don't forget that Codies also aquired SMS that had Rallycross in Project CARS 2. ofcourse those material need to be reworked to get it in a Codies engined game, but still the knowledge, connections and 3d models are there.
Knowing Codemasters the supercars will probably be all real (at least that is what I hope, i rather not have fictional), though the locations might become a combination of real and semi-real, including locations as Nitro Rallycross and a possible return of the (semi-real) LA stadium location that was in DiRT 3, based on the X-Games Rallycross event. But a Rallycross track editor might also be an extra, where you can create your own rallycross track in a harbour, airport, dessert or at DirtFish. With D5 there is such an editor, so quite realistic this might become an option.

It could be an amazing carlist though 😄 (based on D4, DR2, D5 and PC2)
- Audi S1
- Citroën DS3
- Ford Fiesta MK7 (OMSE)
- Ford Fiesta MK8 (OMSE)
- Ford Fiesta RXS EVO 5 (STARD)
- Ford Fiesta MK7 (M-Sport) (yes this is the only Supercar in the list that not has been in PC2 or DiRT)
- Ford Focus RS (M-Sport)
- Honda Civic Coupe
- MINI Cooper SX1
- MINI Countryman
- Peugeot 208
- Renault Clio
- Renault Megane
- SEAT Ibiza 
- Subaru WRX STI
- VW Beetle
- VW Polo (Marklund and/or WRC)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This bot (not Jorrit, the deleted post that came after) is interesting, looks to be copying legitimate posts from other users, then dumping its spam link of choice [now removed] at the bottom.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, PJTierney said:

This bot is interesting, looks to be copying legitimate posts from other users, then dumping its spam link of choice [now removed] at the bottom.

Yeah I have noticed that one a while ago too and reported it. Yep, I was brave enough to test the links on an old PC and it came to a place for free(?) browser games but it probably contained some nasty stuff. havent seen that one in a while that was spamming chinese letters in the topic with a link though but when i reported it the posts where quickly deleted so kudos for that!

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 12:29 PM, JorritVD said:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/new-world-rallycross-championship-promoter-2021/4886618/

Now that it is very likely IMG won't continue with WRX, what would this mean for future WRX content/license in the next DiRT Rally (my expectation in 2021)? 

Having a license does has it advantages, but also disadvantages. 
DiRT 3 didn't had an official Rallycross license, as goes the same for DiRT 5. 
One side gives that possible more freedom for the developers and also licensing, meaning locationwise we won't be limited to WRX locations, while also for cars and liveries it might get easier, also in combination with for example a livery editor. In D5 this is already noticable with a combination of American Rallycross supercars (Subaru and the all new VW Beetle) and WRX supercars (Audi, Megane and 208) already confirmed so far and having the ability for a kinda livery editor (which i believe is more a pattern editor)

it could be the next DiRT Rally will get a more semi-fictional Rallycross part, while Rally already was ofcourse (though the rumored future WRC license might change this), meaning we could have a combination of Supercars and locations as never seen before. Don't forget that Codies also aquired SMS that had Rallycross in Project CARS 2. ofcourse those material need to be reworked to get it in a Codies engined game, but still the knowledge, connections and 3d models are there.
Knowing Codemasters the supercars will probably be all real (at least that is what I hope, i rather not have fictional), though the locations might become a combination of real and semi-real, including locations as Nitro Rallycross and a possible return of the (semi-real) LA stadium location that was in DiRT 3, based on the X-Games Rallycross event. But a Rallycross track editor might also be an extra, where you can create your own rallycross track in a harbour, airport, dessert or at DirtFish. With D5 there is such an editor, so quite realistic this might become an option.

It could be an amazing carlist though 😄 (based on D4, DR2, D5 and PC2)
- Audi S1
- Citroën DS3
- Ford Fiesta MK7 (OMSE)
- Ford Fiesta MK8 (OMSE)
- Ford Fiesta RXS EVO 5 (STARD)
- Ford Fiesta MK7 (M-Sport) (yes this is the only Supercar in the list that not has been in PC2 or DiRT)
- Ford Focus RS (M-Sport)
- Honda Civic Coupe
- MINI Cooper SX1
- MINI Countryman
- Peugeot 208
- Renault Clio
- Renault Megane
- SEAT Ibiza 
- Subaru WRX STI
- VW Beetle
- VW Polo (Marklund and/or WRC)

I fully agree with what Jorrit says. I may add the fact that, if, the new RX tracks are semi-fictional, I do hope they won't be as fictional as the RX Italy track is in Dirt 5. Too wide and not quite fun and technic to drive. (In my opinion)

That'll be interesting as the circuit itself is extremely smooth, grippy tarmac.

I wonder if they'll do pace notes for Ascari and Parabolica 😄

"4 Right, Extra, Extra, EXTRA LONG."

• Haha 2

@PJTierney

Hi guys .. useless to say that I am quite sad. I did not play since before the last update of the 28th of September. My specs are below.
I have uninstalled the game and re-install it from scratch but it did not help .... it still stutters like hell. The only way to play is Graphics to ultra low !!!!
I never had a problem before running everything at Ultra. I played like that since Codemasters released the support for the Oculus SDK. Smooth as butter. Never a problem .. what happened ? This is by far my favorite game .. I am really desperate ! Please help ! 

Now it is unplayable. All of a sudden after the update it stutters and lags totally unplayable !
Of course I play it, as I always did, choosing Oculus SDK. As I said before the last update I never had a problem. It works very fine with all other games, including Project Cars 2 with the Oculus SDK. 

i7-8700k
GTX 1080ti
Oculus Rift CV1
32 gb DDR4 3200 mhz
2xtb SSD 600 mbs

What did you do with the last update ? Please fix it ! I love this game ...

• Confused 1

@F2CMaDMaXX it is as strange as it sounds. Before the update it was working absolutely perfect. This since the support for the Oculus SDK was released. 
All others game are running perfectly as usual including Project Cars 2, as I said. Something got changed within the Oculus support. I dont know what but resetting everything to default and reinstall did not help. To be able to play I have to set everything to ultra low .....

Edited by koog2003

Massively wrong thread to post this in.

You don't state if the problem goes away in non-oculus mode.

4 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Massively wrong thread to post this in.

You don't state if the problem goes away in non-oculus mode.

No in Steam VR it was always bad. It never worked well without using the Oculus SDK. I made a test now using the Oculus tray tool. SS 0 everything to default. When the game starts the FPS are at 90 fixed. Then I start a race, any race, and they drop to 12 fps ... and do not go up again until I exit the race. Please help really !

Edited by koog2003

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

@F2CMaDMaXX it does it even in normal game no VR !!! I just tried .... I cant believe my eyes ! What the ....

There we go - can't go trying fancy stuff without making sure the basics are working.

This means you gotta go fix your computer, sorry, not related to the update.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

There we go - can't go trying fancy stuff without making sure the basics are working.

This means you gotta go fix your computer, sorry, not related to the update.

@F2CMaDMaXX after hours of going nuts I have fixed it. It was simply a faulty USB extension that I use for my wheel, which always worked fine btw. I changed the cable and changed USB sockets on the PC and voila'. All the stuttering and lag gone. Insane because in other games including Project Cars 2, I did not have this problem. All in all what matters is that now my fav game is working fine again 🙂

• Like 3

Another great news of the day, out of topic, is that I found out I can fit the RTX 3080 from EVGA in my mobo without the need to change it. This specific model is  5mm shorter than the GTX 1080ti. All I need is a new PSU and the 3080 to become finally available ..... just sharing happy news 🙂