DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

22 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Gosh, JZ was drinking Vodka again 😀

I'M 100% SOBER! I can NOT be the only that can't ever understand what he, @dgeesi0 as a native English speaker, is saying? He's literally told me before he speaks in gibberish to win internet debates! That's not how it works! You can't just start an argument, speak gibberish, and then claim you won because they have no idea what the hell you said!

I've worked with African immigrants speaking Afrikaans and Mexicans speaking only Spanish and I have exactly 100% success in translating and understanding what they're saying through broken English and heavy accents. Somehow, Dgeesio eludes me. I swear to God with him natively speaking it he knows exactly what words to completely omit or switch around so nothing he says has any actual meaning at all.

If someone asks you if you want Red or Blue and you say "I want red blue" they won't know what the **** you're talking about! Is that supposed to mean "and," "or," or "purple?"It's been years I've been having this same argument with him. I assume he's talking about Apples and Oranges, I very clearly talk about Apples and Oranges, and then he brings up Grapes outta ******* nowhere as a reason I'm wrong. I'm blindsided every time and it makes me question what the hell we've actually been talking about because I can't decipher his crazy talk.

And then I ask him to clarify, and he's just like "You can't understand my gibberish, you're dumb and therefore I win." He hasn't clarified his sentence I asked him to.

8 hours ago, Orangetuner said:

he's like trying to say game engines aren't worth the risk of recourses to improve it if its already "good enough". Imagine thinking that way and RBR NGP not being what it is.  Cmon dude.

A game is nothing more than an experience in art form. Because the experience is art from you can only make it better by improving what makes it feel satisfying to play. Of course it is always worth the recourses. The better something feels the more successful it will be. Its like a master chef's recipe. I bet he didn't start off with it the way it is now... it was gradually built upon by him from trial and error.

Yeah, but those aren't changes, just tweaks. Because tweaks aren't changes, and also a 2 year dev cycle is actually one, and the engine coding guys just sit around twiddling their thumbs I guess. I don't know.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

High Seas Rally - The World's Only Biker Rally on a Cruise Ship

I just hope my bizarre rant started an actual thing. I have no idea how my phone came up with that, I've never even come close to typing it ever.

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

But it is a seriously daft statement.

"I preferred a version of tarmac handling that was changed during early access in DR, therefore it proves that nothing should be updated or improved during the life cycle of a game, or that the early access model of doing improvements after initial release is totally useless."

Or, "Sequels also shouldn't have any changes at all, ever. It will destroy the previous titles."

Edited by JZStudios

Waiting on any Dev response

The Big Lebowski Jeff Bridges GIF - TheBigLebowski JeffBridges TheDude GIFs

If only Porkhammer where here

Edited by gfRally
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/20/2020 at 10:20 AM, Jake Cushing said:

I didn't really wish to enter that debate, but:

No. No it does not 'prove' anything.

But it is a seriously daft statement.

"I preferred a version of tarmac handling that was changed during early access in DR, therefore it proves that nothing should be updated or improved during the life cycle of a game, or that the early access model of doing improvements after initial release is totally useless."

Is your avatar actually you?

what a doll head with spaghetti on ? 😂

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

what a doll head with spaghetti on ? 😂

Good God man. That wasn't meant to be taken literally. 

But its OK, we understand now. You have a different, unique quality in relation to your needs. 

19 hours ago, gfRally said:

Waiting on any Dev response

If only Porkhammer where here

Let's all pour one out for Pork.

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You're a confusing lot sometimes...

What do you mean sometimes?

• Haha 1

I didn't check this for a bit and when I come back I find a debate about center pivot physics and an AD for bikers only cruises. I guess this topic really NEVER does disappoint. 

On 11/18/2020 at 10:09 AM, dgeesi0 said:

you dont paint the mona lisa for eg. then 5 years later oh...lets just add a hat. :classic_biggrin:

Of all the paintings in history, you chose the one that most famously was altered and revised constantly by his author until his death... 

I am not a huge fan of the theory "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", sorry. I believe there is always room for improvement, expecially in a field such as racing games development where simplicity isn't really a good thing.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, carpa said:

Racing games development where simplicity isn't really a good thing.

Depends. You'd think Burnout would be pretty simple.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

😄

That's not fun. On one of my race cars the steering wheel splines decided to disappear after little contact with fellow racer, so the wheel did turn but it didn't have anything to do with steering anymore. I crashed HARD.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh of course, the incident itself isn't fun (and very dangerous). I'm just happy I got a Petter Solberg reference in.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Oh of course, the incident itself isn't fun (and very dangerous). I'm just happy I got a Petter Solberg reference in.

I meant more like it's not fun when it happens. I will remember that "oh ****" moment forever. 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Murikka said:

I meant more like it's not fun when it happens. I will remember that "oh ****" moment forever. 😂

Kind of like when you need to race home to use the bathroom and just don't quite make it.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, merseyxshore said:

Who's got some juicy deetz on Dirt Rally 3??

Its in development. Thats basically the only thing confirmed. 

Only known so far is that the former Onrush/Driveclub development team now is responsible for developing the non-rally DiRT titles, they made D5.
So the DiRT Rally development team only focuses on the Rally title. So they not need to make the non-rally DiRT title anymore, like they did with D4.
This will be a big benefit for DiRT Rally.

About licensing and possible content.
- According to rumors, Codemasters aquired the WRC license for 2023 and onwards. Most likely this could mean that in 2021 (autumn) we can expect a new DiRT Rally title before full development will be focused on WRC. Ofcourse WRC could be just part of the game like WRX is/was in DR, D4 and DR2. Maybe can expect the game will already get parts of the WRC game. 
- IMG will not be the WRX promotor anymore after this year. Also D5 not has licensed WRX cars. This could mean that Rallycross could get a very different look in DR3 without the WRX license. I hope it gets somehow the Nitro Rallycross license, but ofcourse also includes all DR2 RX content. 

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We're up for a nomination in "The Steamies", chuck a vote down here if you like 🙂 

image.png

Isn't it explicitly not getting new content though?

Toyota confirmed?

this award ive seen literally every game today on social media saying vote for us :classic_biggrin: