DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

23 hours ago, JZStudios said:

True, but that's only Steam, and I guarantee it still sold worse than NFS.

Deal is done? Did EA actually buy them or are you just saying that?

You all claimed they "appealed" to US tastes since 2008 all on their own.

I'll take that bet. Kenny boy is tied tight with MS and Forza.

yes EA brought codemasters for 1,2 billion dollars or £900 million. how this will effect cody games dunno. i must say codies used to seem like you were playing a family game. last couple years you could deffo feel that going away and it being all about profit. not saying thats all the people there there is some really genuine people who are really cool but the general feel is we are big lets make money. this comes out in the games. sadly as above ^^^ many here who are the diehards play for that very close feeling around the games.

maybe we will be surprised...the games in the future may turn out better.. hope so. would be a shame to finally start to get somewhere with the sim side of dirt rally only for it to get diluted down to ken blockism rally.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:07 PM, RGgiac said:

What bothers me is that it seems like US consumers don't buy anything that doesn't have an American flag on it.

I live in Brazil, one of the largest video game markets in the world (even DR2.0 has brazilian localization and a co-driver with brazilian-portuguese accent), I would love a muddy brazilian rally in DR3, but I don't want it, because I understand that there are more famous rallies in other parts of the world that deserve more to be in the game.

It seems that Americans don't think that way.

Anyone interested in buying a rally game knows it's not a big sport here.

Aside from that, the success of mass multitudes of Japanese and European games not set in the US would prove that theory wrong.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, tbtstt said:

His last severance with CM wasn't especially well handled either

Ooh, that sounds like gossip.

12 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

yes EA brought codemasters for 1,2 billion dollars or £900 million. how this will effect cody games dunno. i must say codies used to seem like you were playing a family game. last couple years you could deffo feel that going away and it being all about profit. not saying thats all the people there there is some really genuine people who are really cool but the general feel is we are big lets make money. this comes out in the games. sadly as above ^^^ many here who are the diehards play for that very close feeling around the games.

maybe we will be surprised...the games in the future may turn out better.. hope so. would be a shame to finally start to get somewhere with the sim side of dirt rally only for it to get diluted down to ken blockism rally.

Well since DR1 there's been a huge shift on the forums and a lot of people left. This to me is the only place to casually shoot the **** about sim games without people screeching at you. It's definitely been dying though, and a lot of the fun people have stopped visiting.

Oh damn. I just remembered EA is super hard on trying to force all of it's studios to use DICE's terrible Frostbite engine. They'll probably force that on CM too. Frostbite is a terrible engine that only really works for FPS games. Any other genre that's used it so far has been a massive failure.

10 hours ago, gk9147 said:

DR 3.0 with american starters pack  : cars , mud , beer , girl tweerking 

Honestly you could tell me that's Russia and I'd 100% believe you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

me : i want share video with car , mud , beer and girls 

codemasters reply

How much more investment do you guys think EA will give to codemasters?

To what extent do you think which areas are worth giving investing in?

Since the release of their latest star wars and nfs heat games do you think EA will see the benefits of the time it takes to achieve something more satisfying than DR 2.0? Like for example allowing codemasters the time it will take to switch away from a center pivot model.

Realistically how do you think DLC will be handled?

Do you think future titles will be lacking polish or will be more polished when they release?

Edited by Orangetuner

3 hours ago, Orangetuner said:

Do you think future titles will be lacking polish or will be more polished when they release?

There's been a serious lack of kebab pizza in DR2 and it better have some slices of Kielbasa.

Cool !!!!!

Si il pouvait mettre la 

MERCEDES 190e 2.3 16s en groupe A et l'ALFA 75 3L V6 groupe A.

Je serais le plus heureux !!!

Cdt

Boba

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Guys, I think this might be actual gossip?

https://www.facebook.com/635148996508317/posts/3670309632992223/

Yes and no. Codies records multiple cars if they get the chance, even though they might come to the game or not. They even recorded a certain WRC, but that car had never been in any DiRT games so far. But they already recorded that years ago. 

But saying it is for "one of their new games" it is quite positive 🙂  

You could say the same about this post:
https://www.facebook.com/bgmsport/posts/3135725793117279
- Cobra,
- M3,
- Puma (Kitcar or s1600)
- Peugeot 208 R5

Or this for the BMW M8 GTE
https://www.facebook.com/watsonwustudios/posts/10157752907595999
https://www.facebook.com/watsonwustudios/posts/10157743062255999

Aston Martin Vulcan
https://www.facebook.com/1sttakeactiondrivers/posts/590070394983200

Edited by JorritVD

omg, ross gowing the big boss of dirt rally comment on dirty gossip

my reaction :

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 70-year-old father loves the simulation of Dirt Rally 2.0. He plays with an inner camera, without aids and with a steering wheel. It would be a shame to miss the best simulation ever created. I am glad to hear those words. Happy Holidays to all!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Reassuring words @cmRossGowing and nice to see you in the Gossip thread: please feel free to stop by and post some teasers whenever you want! 

I still think EA is about as trustworthy as Ferris Bueller.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/09bd3ab6-d5d6-4b0f-a295-2904b8b906eb

I'm pretty sure Bungie had similar talks with Activision and that went smashingly.

• Agree 1

when a developer puts a message on dirty gossip or puts a like, it is more powerful than the music of gods 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After being burned so many times in the past by EA I'll still be extremely wary of this buyout, but fingers crossed EA continues their recent trend of actually leaving developers alone to create games, without sticking their greedy paws into it and ruining things like they did so much in previous years (I still haven't forgiven them for dead space 3 and killing off visceral games)

I hope your trust is not in vain. Merry Christmas 🤙

(Oh and we want a F.O.V slider in DR3 on the new consoles 😂)

(P.P.S RS1700T audio recording? about time we got to play it in a codies title 🙃)

Edited by battfinkz
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 3:32 PM, RGgiac said:

I hate the fanservice made to appeal to US consumers in DR2 (Camaro, Mustang and NE... fake rally cars and fake location), unfortunately now we can expect more of that.

I agree to a point. When I first read the location list for DR2.0 and seen New England I thought ‘here we go again’ and the GT cars which are clearly aimed at the US market (except for the bonafide Porsche and Aston).

But I can remember driving Hancock Hill forward for the first time and it hitting me what a fantastic stage it was. A great flowing stage with everything in it, fast sections, ‘yumpy’ sections and technical sections. NE in general reminds of the Forrest of Dean in Wales which is quite close to where I’m from.

Edited by Matt555

On 12/13/2020 at 12:18 PM, PJTierney said:

Just set an Xbox world record with that thing so you can take your gate and keep it 😉 

*throws a white glove in @PJTierney's face*

Not anymore.
With a standard xbox one s-controller btw.
Eat that, sim-nerds!

@cmRossGowing While I don't expect you will read this, I feel to need to write this down anyway.

Your speech comes exactly at the right time, my fears my most loved game series of the last 4+ years will die is extremely big right now.
I just say it: EA (and with that I mean basically the company as a whole, not the developers, who just do there passionated job) is absolutely disgusting.
Like most of the other big ones like Ubisoft, ActivisionBlizzard and TakeTwo I decided several years ago to fully stop buying games from them.

I would do an exception for a potential DR3 under EA, if the circumstances are right, because the DR2.0 developers have earned a big trust advantage with there exceptional work on the previous 2 DR games.

My detailed fears for the future are:

- DR2.0 servers get shut down within the next few years, making a large portion of the game unplayable forever

- DR3 won't have an offline career mode many of us asked/begged for

- DR3 will require an EA app/subscription to be playable

- idiotic cosmetic microtransaction overflow (don't mean meaningful DLC like in DR2.0)

- not being able to actually buy the game and DLC (I hate online-only service games)

- Battle Pass kind of garbage with "seasons" to force players to play what/when/how you want to get a "complete" game
(Halo: The Master Chief Collection has an exceptable middle way: has seasons with cosmetics, but the seasons don't expire after a new season arrives)

- a dumped down DR3 to please casuals (spam the game with assists and tutorials if you like, but make sure we can switch these off at any time, I hate forced tutorials with a passion; and give us a real hardcore damage-option)

- a rushed unpolished game at release (please guys, take your time until it is REALLY ready)

Just my thoughts.
Don't wanna be too negative, but these are just my fears, because I see so much bad decisions made in the gaming industry in the last couple years, I had to write this down, because DR2.0 is basically with Stardew Valley, some other Indies and Nintendo games the last bastion of good games without these horrible direction to Fortnitification.

But anyway: Merry Christmas and so on. Let's hope next year...will be better...please...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

- DR2.0 servers get shut down within the next few years, making a large portion of the game unplayable forever

- DR3 won't have an offline career mode many of us asked/begged for

- DR3 will require an EA app/subscription to be playable

- idiotic cosmetic microtransaction overflow (don't mean meaningful DLC like in DR2.0)

- not being able to actually buy the game and DLC (I hate online-only service games)

- Battle Pass kind of garbage with "seasons" to force players to play what/when/how you want to get a "complete" game
(Halo: The Master Chief Collection has an exceptable middle way: has seasons with cosmetics, but the seasons don't expire after a new season arrives)

- a dumped down DR3 to please casuals (spam the game with assists and tutorials if you like, but make sure we can switch these off at any time, I hate forced tutorials with a passion; and give us a real hardcore damage-option)

- a rushed unpolished game at release (please guys, take your time until it is REALLY ready)

1. That was always going to happen anyway. CM titles all get pulled off the store shelf because they don't update licenses. It's using a central CM server instead of private. I don't think EA is going to expedite the closure of the servers though.
  2. I get the get feeling they'd do that anyway. We all knew going into it an online career mode was what's widely regarded as a "bad move" and they did anyways. Again, I don't know why you think EA would push for that. It's not a hugely multiplayer title, and even Battlefield has a single player campaign. NFS Heat also seems to let you play offline.
  3. What? You mean Origin? Big whoop.
  4. Might be. They could start selling individual liveries. But that also doesn't mean there wouldn't be actual DLC expansions.
  5. Why would it be a service model? Outside Apex I don't think any of the EA games are like that.
  6. Doesn't DR2 already have season passes? What's the actual complaint here?
  7. DR2 already works well with a controller and rally in general is kind of niche. I'm sure EA will give them the chance for at least one game.
  8. They uhh... they already kind of do that though.

I give your concerns a solid 1.5/8. Might be persuaded to go lower.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, JZStudios said:
  1. That was always going to happen anyway. CM titles all get pulled off the store shelf because they don't update licenses. It's using a central CM server instead of private. I don't think EA is going to expedite the closure of the servers though.

Oh, an insider...ok...I seem to know were this will be heading to...
Nothing of what you wrote you can actually know for sure.
EA is known for closing servers very early.

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:
  1. I get the get feeling they'd do that anyway. We all knew going into it an online career mode was what's widely regarded as a "bad move" and they did anyways. Again, I don't know why you think EA would push for that. It's not a hugely multiplayer title, and even Battlefield has a single player campaign. NFS Heat also seems to let you play offline.

Not a hugely multiplayer game? Basically 70% of the game is based on multiplayer!
Leaderboards everywhere and My Team-Events, Time Trial and Clubs are the go to-modes for me.
The My Team-Career is just a set of random custom championship-rallies with forced online connection, wich destroys the save from time to time.

And you don't get why I think EA will do everything worse?
Need for Speed (2015)? Online only-game.
Need for Speed: Payback? Built around lootbox mechanics.
Star Wars: Battlefront? No Campaign.
Just recent games. Didn't bought a single one of them.
They always try to find new ways to control the player and annoy them with new greedy mechanics.

28 minutes ago, JZStudios said:
  1. Why would it be a service model? Outside Apex I don't think any of the EA games are like that.

Because I can look forward and see were the games industry is heading to.
Especially the big publishers try to establish a service model, because it generates more profit.
Less content, but more cosmetic nonsense.

35 minutes ago, JZStudios said:
  1. Doesn't DR2 already have season passes? What's the actual complaint here?

Season Pass: You pay for a bundle of DLC you own from start (or preorder) and can use whenever you want (when its released).
Battle Pass (or F1 2020 names it Podium Pass): You pay for a season and have to unlock the content in a specific time through XP and/or specific challenges. You are always under pressure, if you want what you payed for.

F1 2020, Red Dead Online, Fortnite, Apex Legends are examples, who have these kind of passes.

45 minutes ago, JZStudios said:
  1. I give your concerns a solid 1.5/8. Might be persuaded to go lower.

The award for the most arrogant post of the month goes to...

• Like 1

Since codemasters already does the bad things ea is known for I see no problem here.
Sure, we got an amazing game out of it (happens with EA games too), 
but everything around the game was still scummy (You pay how much for the whole game full price?).