DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Heads up, if you missed out on the freebie from the World Series, you can buy the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII now.

image0.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for that reminder...

I had marked the last two weeks out as 'sim catch up' time, but turns out having a young child doesn't allow for that. Who knew? So hopefully will get a chance to try it this month.

• Agree 1

I just stick to the bits where all the cars are free, that's what I enjoy.

Not going to beat a dead horse, possibly a positive with EA owning CM - Licensing money will not be a problem, possibly getting licenses will not be as hard, either.  I don't think we will see Forza like deals, nor should we want that, but maybe a few more manufactures will be persuaded now.  

• Like 2

yeah maybe with having the big EA badge behind dirt it could pull in people who normally wouldnt play ball or...the big money may come out to get people like toyota involved :classic_biggrin: how a wrc game is going to be made with no toyota is beyond me.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, gfRally said:

but maybe a few more manufactures will be persuaded now. 

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Using EA's weight to help secure manufacturers who were on the fence, might help ease any brand concerns allowing more customizations for liveries or sponsors, and could help bring in more of a "formal" feel to a full fledge career mode if EA helps engage vendors to bring something akin to My Team from F1 into Rally in the future.

If they focus on getting the resources the Rally team needs in their hands and helping clear brand/co-op hurdles with others, we could see a really great partnership do amazing things especially with the WRC license a few years out too

Getting back to DiRT Rally 2.0, I've started playing it more actively again as I'm not ready to start a "new" game yet (most of my evenings this month are spent building my YouTube channel); I almost forgot how addictive Daily Challenges were, still the best feature in the game in my opinion (Clubs and Time Trial a close second and third).

Anyways, I recently got an Xbox Series X and can confirm a few things for those curious:

• DiRT Rally 2.0 supports Quick Resume.
    You can switch your console off, turn it on again tomorrow and pick up right where you left off, even in a Service Area.
    It'll take a second to recognise your wheel and connect to RaceNet, but it works a treat.

• Stages load super fast, I'm talking 4 seconds even for the long ones.
    The game also boots super quickly too, though if you're using Quick Resume you'll never see the splash screen again.

• My wheel worked fine right away, as Xbox Series X supports anything you can plug into an Xbox One.

• Anecdotally it seems to be a locked 4k60 now (Replays 4k30), whereas previously it would float between 1880p and 2160p depending on the scenario.
    Screen tearing pretty much gone too though it was only evident in Poland for me on Xbox One X.
  • Like 1

Does the XBSX seem better than a current PC as far as power?  Like Is the fog taken away on Finland?  

10 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Does the XBSX seem better than a current PC as far as power?  Like Is the fog taken away on Finland?  

Fog is intentional. Maybe if there was a dedicated Series X version it could be optimised but it's in there now for a reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 supports Quick Resume.
    You can switch your console off, turn it on again tomorrow and pick up right where you left off, even in a Service Area.
    It'll take a second to recognise your wheel and connect to RaceNet, but it works a treat.

NB the Xbox One X has had this feature with all games for a long while now, not sure about the S though

• Like 1

redownloaded dirt 2.0 tried to start it save is corrupted over before starting lol.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:25 PM, PJTierney said:

Throwing an idea out here.

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/28-dirt-rally-20-clubs-leagues/

This forum is pretty much dead. Thoughts on having people post in the main DR2 forum instead so that threads get more visibility?

I'm always down for people sharing leagues and stuff, though the question is how to balance that with regular game topics. Since "gossip" is the only active thread in here these days maybe we have some room.

This change has now been made, and threads that used to go in that forum now go into the main DR2 forum.

Posted (edited)

Leaked screenshot of DR3 in 'Cyberpunk 2077 console graphics mode'

external-content.duckduckgo_com.png.c462ad002cc684ab248b36dab3ced8b4.png

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Haha 3

wow this place is quiet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any news on new Dirt 3.0 ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

wow this place is quiet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any news on new Dirt 3.0 ? 

Maybe after the final e-sport ..... I hope 

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos coming to Southern Ohio Forest Rally 2021  to see the Subies ? Im there  this June for sure , even if i have to sneak into the forest , LOL.

• Like 1

not really sure what to make of the singer on stilts porsche. tbh. its a jacked up porsche.

what i would really love to know is will the brand new toyota yaris be coming to dirt. its the hottest car on the planet right now.