DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

carlosDR said:
Good reading with the latest road book. But the video they posted is still without gravel sounds.
Well, fingers crossed the sounds make it back in the next update.
We are using the public build for the event. The updates aren't in yet. 

Well I had a good day today. How about you guys?

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/645280400433152000

I was offered a ride in this again today, but sadly had to decline as I had other commitments such as filming interviews with Elfyn Evans, Ari Vatanen etc....

I was offered a ride in this again today, but sadly had to decline as I had other commitments such as filming interviews with Elfyn Evans, Ari Vatanen etc....
Awww I almost feel bad for you :wink: 

dgeesi0 said:
i hope not as thats even more niche than rally.
That's quite debatable, especially in the last few years as the WRC has really stagnated while WRX has seen a comparative explosion of popularity.
Almost the entire reason for the 2017 WRC changes is in response to WRX.

Apart from that, thanks to the likes of the X-Games and the related TV coverage, Rally Cross style events are increasingly more recognisable than traditional Rally/WRC which, to be blunt, has pretty crap coverage.

It might not be what people want to hear, fearing DiRT 3 v2, but a full DiRT Rally Cross, hopefully with the sim aspects in place, could well be the long term future for the series.

I'm I the only one who thinks the rear wheel arches of the Audi S1 too wide/ugly?
I quite like it, as I think it looks very reminiscent of the Metro 6R4: I do agree that it's not a pretty look though!
BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:
i hope not as thats even more niche than rally.
That's quite debatable, especially in the last few years as the WRC has really stagnated while WRX has seen a comparative explosion of popularity.
Rallycross has certainly increased in popularity the last few years, but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of WRC/rally in general. Rally has a far greater presence in a lot more countries. I daresay the World Rally Championship PR folks could learn a lot from the World Rallycross Championship though; World Rallycross seems to have a lot of exposure the last couple of years.

WRC would be cool and I'd follow it as religiously as I did from the 90's up until 2010 or so if they'd just stop being morons. They literally focus only on five drivers per rally. It makes every single rally a sleepfest.

Yeah, I fully agree with that - they have a great asset in the battles through the field, but their presentation is horrible and they can't seem to decide if it's an endurance sport or an ADD-generation sprint.

When they have WRC+, with no broadcast restrictions, it's a crime that they don't show the WRC2 fight in depth on the highlight programmes and live shows. It would be like following Le Mans and they ignore everything apart from the LMP1 class.

I recently watched the live stage from the end of the RAC Rally 2000, and picture quality is the only thing to have improved since. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5YrwuC_ss if you want to check it out. I now go to YouTube for my rally coverage as amateur videos capture the field much better.

I recall the Monte Carlo Rally being broadcast in its entirety in 2011 and thinking the future was bright, but then the IRC was killed off and the dreaded WRC Promoter formed after their dismal failure at coverage in 2012.

WRC+ has potential, but it needs to be realised and used to make rally fans feel there is something valuable there. Only once 'we' are happy do you have something worth promoting to a wider audience.

Yeah, I fully agree with that - they have a great asset in the battles through the field, but their presentation is horrible and they can't seem to decide if it's an endurance sport or an ADD-generation sprint.

When they have WRC+, with no broadcast restrictions, it's a crime that they don't show the WRC2 fight in depth on the highlight programmes and live shows. It would be like following Le Mans and they ignore everything apart from the LMP1 class.

I recently watched the live stage from the end of the RAC Rally 2000, and picture quality is the only thing to have improved since. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5YrwuC_ss if you want to check it out. I now go to YouTube for my rally coverage as amateur videos capture the field much better.

I recall the Monte Carlo Rally being broadcast in its entirety in 2011 and thinking the future was bright, but then the IRC was killed off and the dreaded WRC Promoter formed after their dismal failure at coverage in 2012.

WRC+ has potential, but it needs to be realised and used to make rally fans feel there is something valuable there. Only once 'we' are happy do you have something worth promoting to a wider audience.
WRC+ has pontential, sure. My biggest complaint is that I miss the old style onboards where you can see the driver work the wheel. It's all just dashcams now. And the picture quality is really awful. ERC onboard footage is miles better.

Just a Question: Is there any Chance to see the Audi S1 RX from EKS or Robin Larsson in near future to appear in DiRT?
Or  are there  licensing issues?

rally is king. rallyx is its sister.

the thing is can codemasters get the license ? they can do stuff with rx so i get why.

making a car game soley on rx is not a good idea.its a side part if we honest.

I havent seen anybody talking about this before and as it is gossip for now as nothing is confimed, but I was going thru the car folder and in the folder called generics I saw a folder called trailblazer.
Does this mean we will be getting this aswell?????
If so that must be with the modern cars dlc otherwise I wouldn't know when.  :)

path is:   dirt rally-> cars->generics

Just an innocent gossip, is the impreza S5 going to be added in the next Finland update? As far as I am concerned, the engine sound of the impreza 555 in the game is actually S5's that's why they misused the sound temporarily and they will update the 555's actual sound then fit the misplaced sound to its proper car. So the next update will probably include the EVO and the S5 and of course the updated 555's sound. 

I havent seen anybody talking about this before and as it is gossip for now as nothing is confimed, but I was going thru the car folder and in the folder called generics I saw a folder called trailblazer.

I think this has been mentioned before that there are maps and things not used in DirtRally since it were "based" on Dirt3

@Darhour they have confirmed on twitter that that the new sound will come with finland update

As a folder called hillclimb is missing, I'd say it are the hillclimb cars.

Skroxs said:

I think this has been mentioned before that there are maps and things not used in DirtRally since it were "based" on Dirt3

@Darhour they have confirmed on twitter that that the new sound will come with finland update
Sure, I know. But besides the sound and the confirmed EVO, the second legendary ca will probably be McRae's S5.

Next two cars are likely the 2001 Focus and Impreza, outside bet on the 206 and very alim odds for an Evo I'd say at the moment.

The current Subaru sound is a recording of the JRM Group 5 car, whereas the new one is taken from the actual original car.

bogani said:

WRC+ has pontential, sure. My biggest complaint is that I miss the old style onboards where you can see the driver work the wheel. It's all just dashcams now. And the picture quality is really awful. ERC onboard footage is miles better.

Agree with you completely about ERC footage, although I don't mind dash cams.

My issue with ERC footage is that it's so bloody scarce. There must be terrabyte upon terrabyte on servers at Eurosport HQ that will never get seen, which is a huge, huge pity. I wish there was some way to access this and the helicopter footage for us who would like to see it. We're lucky to get one onboard stage from a rally from ES at the moment. Pathetic.

As a folder called hillclimb is missing, I'd say it are the hillclimb cars.
Ah yeah off course.
Should have thought of that myself.  :)
It is the most logical explanation.
Thanks for clearing that up.  

Would rather had trailblazer been added instead of Rallyx though.
Even I do like a some rounds rallyx so once on awhile.   :D

Trailblazer is just another word for Hillclimb for their games.

it will be next week.cant wait.

so hoping we get the subaru the focus and finland.anything else is a bonus.

I wonder if that's just a generic thing, but it would fit if they were trying to get the update ready.
What is a generic thing??

Sorry, I was referring to the picture, mondays tend to be firefighting days and they do make a Monday tweet, not sure it's for release.