DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KevM said:
Mine came back too...

Everyone is super-quiet today too.  The test team are normally on laughing at us every 20 mins

LOL

Sorry... probably not very helpful :D 

KevM said:
Thursday IS next month.  Not really cutting edge with his info there...
That is normally a proper gossip material to quieten our doubts for an instance lol

Yes it was directed at you, 789.

And it gas been very quiet today, I noticed that too, I see there was that new build pushed to the testers this morning  (PST) so maybe hard push to test final build intended for release.

I'd guess theyre hoping for tomorrow.
Saying as the data is right there and has been routed out anyway, a new build might have been uploaded, but if you look at the SteamDB info, you'll see it refers to it as being DevTest.
Well, we're not devs. ;) Those are evidently internal builds the Codies staff themselves use.

You'll have to do some scrolling down, but you can see the CommunityTest version hasn't been updated for 6 days.
The Twitter timeline reveals that lines up with what was teased by a certain Codies chap. That tweet was linked into this topic last week by the gossipy stalkers, so all the info is out there to see that was when it was first opened to community testers.

I guess it depends if Codies intend to do an updated community test build before release which is something I have absolutely no clue about.
If they do, then I really wouldn't have thought a public build would go live immediately afterwards. 
If they don't, then in theory it could drop any time.
All I would say is that a Friday/Saturday/Sunday release is highly unlikely because of the risks involved if anything goes wrong.
That's common sense.

In conclusion: "Dev Test" updates on SteamDB are pretty meaningless. If you scroll more and more down the database, you'll see a new devtest build tends to be released internally every few days, regardless of if a new public update is due or not. It's just devs deving.

Based on all that I'm gonna say: Don't hold your breath just yet.

On that note, it's amazing how much data Steam gives away about these things.

Don't know if anybody noticed but the price of DR just raised on Steam (here from 42 to 45€). :o

TPJP said:
Don't know if anybody noticed but the price of DR just raised on Steam (here from 42 to 45€). :o
That happens with every major content update, soon....

BrySkye said:
Yes it was directed at you, 789.

And it gas been very quiet today, I noticed that too, I see there was that new build pushed to the testers this morning  (PST) so maybe hard push to test final build intended for release.

I'd guess theyre hoping for tomorrow.
Saying as the data is right there and has been routed out anyway, a new build might have been uploaded, but if you look at the SteamDB info, you'll see it refers to it as being DevTest.
Well, we're not devs. ;) Those are evidently internal builds the Codies staff themselves use.

Good to know, thanks.

Off: @KickUp 

Happy Birthday man! Hope you had a good time today!  :)
Thanks, yeah got to spend the day with the family.

Now it's business time ;)

KickUp said:
Off: @KickUp 

Happy Birthday man! Hope you had a good time today!  :)
Thanks, yeah got to spend the day with the family.

Now it's business time ;)

DiRTy kind business or the Flight of the Conchords business time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZcYPEszN8

Either way... should be a good day for DiRT :)

Unforuntaly, I'll be away for a week and half so won't get to join on the hype. Oh, wait - I've played it! :D  :tongue:

It sure is, information at last!!

iv a million credits & a full spec Fiesta ready & waiting.  Let the tree-felling commence!!

Interesting.... the "30th" part on the timeline is new, right?

Unless it's one more of these cheeky mistakes with the website... but that's unlikely :)

Whoever is keen to get it ASAP (isn't that everyone?) should have their Steam open at 2pm (that's when historically updates would go live)

ARHHHHHHHHHHHH S#!T - thats gonna be midnight or 1am for me. 

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can enjoy it.........................unless we are ALL wrong about the date. 

Just thinking, can you imagine if they stuffed this update? No wonder they are taking their time and getting it right lol.

And Happy Birthday Paul. 

the DR main website seems to divert straight to the Codies DM page... some visual and content updates most likely

Harwood27 said:
the DR main website seems to divert straight to the Codies DM page... some visual and content updates most likely
That's usual when an update is being pushed

Harwood27 said:

Yep, as always on the day of a big update.

So, in addition to Finland, there will be McRae's Focus and Burns' Impreza, as I understand. What does that mean for the Modern Masters update? More cars from that time (206, Lancer, Seat, Accent)? Or a completely new class? What do you think?

YoMrWhite said:
Harwood27 said:

Yep, as always on the day of a big update.

So, in addition to Finland, there will be McRae's Focus and Burns' Impreza, as I understand. What does that mean for the Modern Masters update? More cars from that time (206, Lancer, Seat, Accent)? Or a completely new class? What do you think?

I think and hope the class will be expanded, maybe some 2010s will be added. Because right now 2000s and 2010s both have just two cars, which isn't enough in my opinion.