F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Myrvold said:
Lancer 6.5? Seat Cordoba? Skoda Octavia? Nah, those are my personal favorites.

I do however struggle to get the "modern masters" though, as we already have two 2010's, unless they've managed to get the DS3 and Polo in.
They could add one car to both 2010s and 2000s(Polo and Lancer?) and  one new class with three cars(S2000?). Well that's my theory anyway as we would have 3 cars per modern class. Thoughts?

RookieOne said:
HereStephanSRT said:
Are there any infos or hint's what the Modern Masters Pack will contain?
What are your thoughts?  :)
Here what we won't get because toyota are made of assholes right now

It may be a budget issue to, Toyota may want too much for the license, and they can't afford it with the CURRENT budget.  Maybe the next game will have a larger budget since Codies sees the success that DiRT Rally is.  

gfRally said:
RookieOne said:
HereStephanSRT said:

It may be a budget issue to, Toyota may want too much for the license, and they can't afford it with the CURRENT budget.  Maybe the next game will have a larger budget since Codies sees the success that DiRT Rally is.  

I spoke about this with Lee a while back when we first visited, not sure if I can say the reason, but I think it was basically that Toyota just wouldn't give it to them

gfRally said:
RookieOne said:
HereStephanSRT said:

I spoke about this with Lee a while back when we first visited, not sure if I can say the reason, but I think it was basically that Toyota just wouldn't give it to them
We'll never know the full story. TRD said they'd never been approached about DiRT Rally, but they had been by Milestone for SLRE. In fact, it was TRD that basically revealed Toyota would be in SLRE before an actual announcement was made.
One of the problems with a huge company like Toyota is something as mundane as your point of contact might make a huge difference.

Sidenote:TRD (Toyota Racing Developments) have none say into rallycars as they have not made one(well except Pikes Peak vehicles).The Toyota branch responsible for rallying are the TMG(Toyota Motorsport Group) formerly known as TTE (Toyota Team Europe).Those are the people behind the Celicas,the Corollas and the proto of the new Yaris WRC.

Doesn't mean they licence them though. That could be corporate, TMG (former TTE) or a separate entity. It's really hard to fathom is the Toyota situation; makes so little sense (though no fault of that with Codemasters) that they'd allow one game to use it and not another, without a clear difference between them or an exclusivity deal.

Would love an ST185 myself, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't; they've done a great job on the car list so far and looking forward to finding out what's to come.

macebig said:
Sidenote:TRD (Toyota Racing Developments) have none say into rallycars as they have not made one(well except Pikes Peak vehicles).The Toyota branch responsible for rallying are the TMG(Toyota Motorsport Group) formerly known as TTE (Toyota Team Europe).Those are the people behind the Celicas,the Corollas and the proto of the new Yaris WRC.
I was going by memory. It was TMG who talked about SLRE and said they hadn't been contacted by Codemasters and were unaware of DiRT Rally (also that its not their responsibility to be aware of all racing games in the works).
What I meant stands though: point of contact.
Milestone seem to have gone to Toyota via TMG, who may have helped encourage corporate or those responsible within the company.

Looks like Seb Loeb Rally Evo will have Loheac RX track, see their recent postings on https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo

Also, this car: https://twitter.com/redbullITA/status/649890641309237248/photo/1 

Looks like Seb Loeb Rally Evo will have Loheac RX track, see their recent postings on https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo

Also, this car: https://twitter.com/redbullITA/status/649890641309237248/photo/1 
Great to see Loheac will be represented in game... pity the screenshots they have posted on Facebook don't look more like the real thing!

https://m.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/36j0e4/periodic_table_of_dirt_car_list_at_codemasters/
The periodic table have predicted every car so far, so maybe it will be more or less the final car list, i think that it will be near complete :p cant wait for r5 or n4. Dont expect evo 6.5 wrc in dirt rally, i think

The periodic table was a list of all the cars they wanted to put in the game, @KickUp  has already said that a lot won't make it into the game

He was talking about a possible entry-level rallycross class... finger crossed for folkrace/bilcross.
I would imagine RX Lites would make most sense, being a one-make and based on a Fiesta (and clearly a good relationship with Ford already). Personally I don't see the need, the basic RX cars are set up easily enough to control, but that would make most sense to me.

Yes, but no cars out from that list will be in game
Do you mean no cars not on that list will be in the game? Because there are already three in Dirt Rally that aren't on it: Fiesta RS Rally (2010s), 205 T16 Pikes Peak, and the Polo Rallycross.

It's a fun list, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it—and I'm the one who spent all his time compiling it!

dwkGravey said:
Yes, but no cars out from that list will be in game
Do you mean no cars not on that list will be in the game? Because there are already three in Dirt Rally that aren't on it: Fiesta RS Rally (2010s), 205 T16 Pikes Peak, and the Polo Rallycross.

It's a fun list, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it—and I'm the one who spent all his time compiling it!
Polo was drafted in after the RX license and the fact that Beeetle was tied up by Microsoft(see sponsorship deal and Forza Horizon 2).Fiesta is essentially the same car and we hope to see it updated to 2014 or 2015 specs.So,the only car out of tht list is the 205 T16 Pikes Peak.

He was talking about a possible entry-level rallycross class... finger crossed for folkrace/bilcross.
I would imagine RX Lites would make most sense, being a one-make and based on a Fiesta (and clearly a good relationship with Ford already). Personally I don't see the need, the basic RX cars are set up easily enough to control, but that would make most sense to me.
They're reasoning, and it's a good one, would be because you cannot buy a wrx car when you start the game, it's amongst the most expensive and if a user wants to play wrx, they cannot without grinding rally.

Go for folk race! That'll get people started :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1821u8gSZ0s

They're reasoning, and it's a good one, would be because you cannot buy a wrx car when you start the game, it's amongst the most expensive and if a user wants to play wrx, they cannot without grinding rally.
Touché.

Dytut said:
Go for folk race! That'll get people started :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1821u8gSZ0s
Well, Rallycross is million dollar folkrace, but at the same time the event structure is different. No timings involved, just points awarded after what position you end up in your heat. Great fun though :)

This is only speculation, but one of the cars that we might get in Modern Masters pack is Ford Focus '06, the one that had the BP Ultimate - Castrol - Abu Dhabi Livery ( or similar ). I'm saying this because there's a Ford BP Ultimate "thing", on the DR License/Sponsors page, and there's BP Ultimate banner's/outdoors at the start of some stages. This car would belong to the 2000s Class, no? Maibe when they said it will be a new Class, not all the cars that will come with the pack, will belong to the new Class, might be 3 cars from a new Class and 2 cars from existing ones... Or everything i just said is completly wrong =P