DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Not sure about two Focuses being in the same class, but I think you re right about not all cars being in a new class; I think there'll be 4 to 6 cars, so no doubt one or two for existing classes.

I'm guessing the modern masters will be 2 of the 2015 spec cars.  The Ford and maybe the Polo.

Alf72 said:
This is only speculation, but one of the cars that we might get in Modern Masters pack is Ford Focus '06, the one that had the BP Ultimate - Castrol - Abu Dhabi Livery ( or similar ). I'm saying this because there's a Ford BP Ultimate "thing", on the DR License/Sponsors page, and there's BP Ultimate banner's/outdoors at the start of some stages. This car would belong to the 2000s Class, no? Maibe when they said it will be a new Class, not all the cars that will come with the pack, will belong to the new Class, might be 3 cars from a new Class and 2 cars from existing ones... Or everything i just said is completly wrong =P
If this info is right, I really hope Codemasters add the 2006 Version and not the Focus from DiRT3 with the ugly 2008 Facelift.  :| 

the 2008 focus was a stunning WRC car, I hope to see it in the game!

I think we will see the R-class make it's appearance in DiRT Rally, particularly the R5 and R2 classes. I, for some reason, don't see Group N cars making it in, due to limited licensing. I also hope to see the Citroën C4, Focus RS 06 and other 2015 WRCs added to the 2010s class. I still think we might see the 206 WRC on the 2000s class and then the Renaults for the 60s and 80s RWD classes. Finito.

bogani said:
I would still trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC S5   :#
I would prefer the S3 (or WRC97) for one reason : it got a 6-speed manual h-shift transmission, instead of a 6-speed sequential

RookieOne said:
bogani said:
I would prefer the S3 (or WRC97) for one reason : it got a 6-speed manual h-shift transmission, instead of a 6-speed sequential
I know I might get flamed for this by the Scooby experts, but is there actually an Impreza S3? To my knowledge the S5 is the the first WRC with an "S" - also WRC99. The earlier are simply WRC97, WRC98, no S3 and S4?

If that's the case I will correct myself. I would trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC97 or WRC98!  o:)

bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:
I know I might get flamed for this by the Scooby experts, but is there actually an Impreza S3? To my knowledge the S5 is the the first WRC with an "S" - also WRC99. The earlier are simply WRC97, WRC98, no S3 and S4?

LOL, aint even going to touch that subject, again

Milestone (Seb Loeb Rally Evo) were asked about DiRT Rally:

“I liked it a lot," he says. "They made a change compared to the previous titles, focusing more on simulation and leaving aside the arcade style that characterised the series. I must say that is fulfilling and well-finished.”

Nice to see people respecting one another's work. Read more about their game and how they made real life stages too:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331752024607/sébastien-loeb-rally-evo-the-interview

gfRally said:
bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:

LOL, aint even going to touch that subject, again

I DARE you to

bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:

If that's the case I will correct myself. I would trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC97 or WRC98!  o:)
@RookieOne is correct @bogani , there was indeed an S3 Impreza! S3 is the '97 car, S4 the '98. Having said that, I must confess that the subject of the pre-S5 numbers is one I find rather confusing as I have seen some cars referred to as both S3 and S4. I do wonder if the early cars were perhaps upgraded to a later spec, thus changing their designation?

Irrespective of the numbering, I agree with you @bogani: the S3 and S4 cars, in my eyes, the most iconic looking rally cars of the modern era, I desperately want to see them back in a Codemasters rally game again!

Why people even bother trying to separate the Subaru's in such an odd manner is beyond me. Do what I do - say the 97 Impreza, 98, 99, 00 ... etc. It would save just about everyone a headache and let them focus on more important things... like playing Dirt Rally.

Why people even bother trying to separate the Subaru's in such an odd manner is beyond me. Do what I do - say the 97 Impreza, 98, 99, 00 ... etc. It would save just about everyone a headache and let them focus on more important things... like playing Dirt Rally.
Porky, your just not a Subie fanatic like us.  :smiley: 

gfRally said:
Porky, your just not a Subie fanatic like us.  :smiley: 
I'm more of a Prodrive fan, but yea, just ^^THIS^^  :D 

Mitsubishi owns Subaru anyway

• Body is 11 characters too short.
I may have fallen for a troll, but on the assumption the above is a serious statement: Subaru is a division of FHI. FHI is partially owned by Toyota. Mitsubishi is a standalone entity. Where is the connection?

tbtstt said:

I may have fallen for a troll, but on the assumption the above is a serious statement: Subaru is a division of FHI. FHI is partially owned by Toyota. Mitsubishi is a standalone entity. Where is the connection?
I think Doc is using another definition of "owning" as you are.

tbtstt said:

Owns as in internet lingo?