Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

tbtstt said:

Mitsubishi owns Subaru anyway

  • Body is 11 characters too short.
I may have fallen for a troll, but on the assumption the above is a serious statement: Subaru is a division of FHI. FHI is partially owned by Toyota. Mitsubishi is a standalone entity. Where is the connection?
I think Doc is using another definition of "owning" as you are.
When they are both in the game, we'll settle that!  :)

mitsubishi knew it was beat so bad they're focusing on electric Prius type cars :P  

(I hope this is takin as fun and not war)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:

When they are both in the game, we'll settle that!  :)

mitsubishi knew it was beat so bad they're focusing on electric Prius type cars :P  

(I hope this is takin as fun and not war)
Sod that @gfRally, now I have realized the true intentions of  the post (thanks for clarifying @TURBODEVIN19, I read that completely the wrong way first time!) and as @DocStrangelove has fired the first shot I am declaring Impreza/Evo war! 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the funny thing is my family have owned 8 different subarus since 1980s.

the difference in most is almost nothing ! :p last model was a RBR 320 which was 400bhp.

as for mitsu owning subarus lol you should try racing gobstopper 2 in any mitsu then tell me who wins :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why people even bother trying to separate the Subaru's in such an odd manner is beyond me. Do what I do - say the 97 Impreza, 98, 99, 00 ... etc. It would save just about everyone a headache and let them focus on more important things... like playing Dirt Rally.
I honestly thought they were talking about Audis. Scratching my head as to why someone would want to rally an Audi S5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
I honestly thought they were talking about Audis. Scratching my head as to why someone would want to rally an Audi S5.
Well, it has 4WD Quattro system so... technically you could rally in style B)

TanHammer said:
We have two Subaru's in game now, time for some 4G63..  
Actually, it's 3 (A, 2000 and RX) :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure if this has already been posted, but did anyone notice that they added Guy Wilks' mini RX? I thought that was pretty neat.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043824837/screenshot/394421071028744913

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
the funny thing is my family have owned 8 different subarus since 1980s.

the difference in most is almost nothing ! :p last model was a RBR 320 which was 400bhp.

as for mitsu owning subarus lol you should try racing gobstopper 2 in any mitsu then tell me who wins :D
I drive a Japanese import Subaru Forester STi (2004) currently :-) before that had a UK Celica GT VVTL-i, and before that a Japanese Supra twin turbo. The Forester (running a detuned Impreza STi engine) is almost as quick as the Supra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
the funny thing is my family have owned 8 different subarus since 1980s.

the difference in most is almost nothing ! :p last model was a RBR 320 which was 400bhp.

as for mitsu owning subarus lol you should try racing gobstopper 2 in any mitsu then tell me who wins :D
I drive a Japanese import Subaru Forester STi (2004) currently :-) before that had a UK Celica GT VVTL-i, and before that a Japanese Supra twin turbo. The Forester (running a detuned Impreza STi engine) is almost as quick as the Supra!
put pix up in the 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/25272/what-are-your-real-cars#latest
thread, love to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
dgeesi0 said:
the funny thing is my family have owned 8 different subarus since 1980s.

the difference in most is almost nothing ! :p last model was a RBR 320 which was 400bhp.

as for mitsu owning subarus lol you should try racing gobstopper 2 in any mitsu then tell me who wins :D
I drive a Japanese import Subaru Forester STi (2004) currently :-) before that had a UK Celica GT VVTL-i, and before that a Japanese Supra twin turbo. The Forester (running a detuned Impreza STi engine) is almost as quick as the Supra!
put pix up in the 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/25272/what-are-your-real-cars#latest
thread, love to see it.
^ What he said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
dgeesi0 said:
the funny thing is my family have owned 8 different subarus since 1980s.

the difference in most is almost nothing ! :p last model was a RBR 320 which was 400bhp.

as for mitsu owning subarus lol you should try racing gobstopper 2 in any mitsu then tell me who wins :D
I drive a Japanese import Subaru Forester STi (2004) currently :-) before that had a UK Celica GT VVTL-i, and before that a Japanese Supra twin turbo. The Forester (running a detuned Impreza STi engine) is almost as quick as the Supra!
put pix up in the 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/25272/what-are-your-real-cars#latest
thread, love to see it.
Done: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/128460/#Comment_128460

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:
I would still trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC S5   :#
I would prefer the S3 (or WRC97) for one reason : it got a 6-speed manual h-shift transmission, instead of a 6-speed sequential
I know I might get flamed for this by the Scooby experts, but is there actually an Impreza S3? To my knowledge the S5 is the the first WRC with an "S" - also WRC99. The earlier are simply WRC97, WRC98, no S3 and S4?

If that's the case I will correct myself. I would trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC97 or WRC98!  o:)
@RookieOne is correct @bogani , there was indeed an S3 Impreza! S3 is the '97 car, S4 the '98. Having said that, I must confess that the subject of the pre-S5 numbers is one I find rather confusing as I have seen some cars referred to as both S3 and S4. I do wonder if the early cars were perhaps upgraded to a later spec, thus changing their designation?

Irrespective of the numbering, I agree with you @bogani: the S3 and S4 cars, in my eyes, the most iconic looking rally cars of the modern era, I desperately want to see them back in a Codemasters rally game again!
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RookieOne said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:
I would still trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC S5   :#
I would prefer the S3 (or WRC97) for one reason : it got a 6-speed manual h-shift transmission, instead of a 6-speed sequential
I know I might get flamed for this by the Scooby experts, but is there actually an Impreza S3? To my knowledge the S5 is the the first WRC with an "S" - also WRC99. The earlier are simply WRC97, WRC98, no S3 and S4?

If that's the case I will correct myself. I would trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC97 or WRC98!  o:)
@RookieOne is correct @bogani , there was indeed an S3 Impreza! S3 is the '97 car, S4 the '98. Having said that, I must confess that the subject of the pre-S5 numbers is one I find rather confusing as I have seen some cars referred to as both S3 and S4. I do wonder if the early cars were perhaps upgraded to a later spec, thus changing their designation?

Irrespective of the numbering, I agree with you @bogani: the S3 and S4 cars, in my eyes, the most iconic looking rally cars of the modern era, I desperately want to see them back in a Codemasters rally game again!
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please Paul, drop some gossip so we don't get 10 more pages of Subaru version talk..........
Don't be a hater :smiley: mean people suck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
RookieOne said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
RookieOne said:
bogani said:
I would still trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC S5   :#
I would prefer the S3 (or WRC97) for one reason : it got a 6-speed manual h-shift transmission, instead of a 6-speed sequential
I know I might get flamed for this by the Scooby experts, but is there actually an Impreza S3? To my knowledge the S5 is the the first WRC with an "S" - also WRC99. The earlier are simply WRC97, WRC98, no S3 and S4?

If that's the case I will correct myself. I would trade all upcoming cars for a Impreza WRC97 or WRC98!  o:)
@RookieOne is correct @bogani , there was indeed an S3 Impreza! S3 is the '97 car, S4 the '98. Having said that, I must confess that the subject of the pre-S5 numbers is one I find rather confusing as I have seen some cars referred to as both S3 and S4. I do wonder if the early cars were perhaps upgraded to a later spec, thus changing their designation?

Irrespective of the numbering, I agree with you @bogani: the S3 and S4 cars, in my eyes, the most iconic looking rally cars of the modern era, I desperately want to see them back in a Codemasters rally game again!
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 
And was it really a single paddle?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Please Paul, drop some gossip so we don't get 10 more pages of Subaru version talk..........
Don't be a hater :smiley: mean people suck 
(shhhh, I'm trying to use it to get some more info...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure if this has already been posted, but did anyone notice that they added Guy Wilks' mini RX? I thought that was pretty neat.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043824837/screenshot/394421071028744913

Great that this livery was added  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://steamcommunity.com/id/KirvesmakiJJ/screenshot/384287971857451016
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531750125
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531750000

oops.. Wrong thread :confounded: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
RookieOne said:
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 
And was it really a single paddle?!
You are right @tbtstt , my bad

@bogani yes it was, I don't think they used dual-paddle like formula 1 in WRC competition (they might have tested it, but in a full rally ? not sure) for the simple reason that the steering lock is higher than in formula 1 (I think that F1 have at most 240 ? not sure but it's low enough to make it work with the paddles on the steering wheel.)
While it's 540 for most modern rallycars, although it might be a bit higher for the S5).

It was easier to make a single fixed paddle and use it like a sequential shifter, only way closer to the wheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RookieOne said:

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
RookieOne said:
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 
And was it really a single paddle?!
You are right @tbtstt , my bad

@bogani yes it was, I don't think they used dual-paddle like formula 1 in WRC competition (they might have tested it, but in a full rally ? not sure) for the simple reason that the steering lock is higher than in formula 1 (I think that F1 have at most 240 ? not sure but it's low enough to make it work with the paddles on the steering wheel.)
While it's 540 for most modern rallycars, although it might be a bit higher for the S5).

It was easier to make a single fixed paddle and use it like a sequential shifter, only way closer to the wheel
My life's been a lie for all those years! :open_mouth: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×