DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Well, they say in the timeline that the Modern Masters are a new class of car. This Focus is a 2010s car so not really a new class. Could it be 2 liter WRC? No, that can't be it. We already have 2 liter WRCs in-game. The new class has to be R5.
I doubt if they ALL have to be a new class of car. I would imagine class also refers to the categories in the game rather than IRL.
Expanding on the 2000 and 2010 categories would seem likely.
Think that's a 2008/09 Focus WRC?

206 and Xsara would round out that category nicely imo =) oh and evo ofc. Feel free to skip the 307... 

RookieOne said:
Still no Toyota....:-(

Seriously whose dick I have to sucks so that make get in the game
Just keep trying till you find the right one! I believe in you.

I think they'll be fleshing out the 2000's and the 2010's categories, but i don't know how that picture above fits it, it would be very strange from a gameplay point of view to have the same model (technically) in the same category (2000's)

If that Focus is coming (which I never doubted) & it's to be in a class of its own, that adds the possibility of the C4 WRC, S10/S11 Impreza, Lancer WRC, Fabia WRC, Hyundai Accent WRC etc etc

& that's Awesome!

I think they'll be fleshing out the 2000's and the 2010's categories, but i don't know how that picture above fits it, it would be very strange from a gameplay point of view to have the same model (technically) in the same category (2000's)
You and me both, would seem a bit strange. Might explain why the 2001 cars have '2001' in their name though. Perez's Focus is a 2007 model if I remember various entry lists correctly. Makes a lot of sense and presumably will have the works livery with all the BP logos in game.

I feel harsh for saying this, but a little disappointed that one of the other cars for the class will be another Focus as it sort of implies to me that they're having difficulty with a few more manufacturers.

Does make me wonder if we could also be looking at the Subaru equivalent:

http://www.worldrallyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Subaru-Impreza-WRC2007_11.jpg

You and me both, would seem a bit strange. Might explain why the 2001 cars have '2001' in their name though.
Hmm, possibly, however, i'm more inclined to think that's due to their drive specific nature/celebration.

I feel harsh for saying this, but a little disappointed that one of the other cars for the class will be another Focus as it sort of implies to me that they're having difficulty with a few more manufacturers.
Or it could also be that their relationship with Ford is so good that they might have no trouble at all getting extra cars from them to add to the game.

sqdstr said:
Or it could also be that their relationship with Ford is so good that they might have no trouble at all getting extra cars from them to add to the game.
Yep, and that's great - in fact, I look at Ford a lot more favourably as a result and will go take a look around their showroom next chance I get - but we have a a [very] vague idea of how many cars are in works (~6-8) for upcoming patches, unless that has changed, so everyone here has a few personal favourites they were hoping for (Skoda S2000 in my case) - so when we find out one is another Ford, it lowers the chances that the remaining cars are Mitsubishis, Skodas, Peugeots, Citroens, Renaults, etc.

That's not a slight or an attack on Codemasters - I'm as sick as anyone as reading "No Evo yet, CM hatez uz" threads on Steam - just a personal slight disappointment. Don't fret though, I'm still going to drive that new Focus until I've written it off more times than Latvala!

There we can see some great cars that we have already in game and some that might me added later such as Focus 06,206,Xsara,Celica[*],Lancer Evo IV,Fabia . I want some of them baaadly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOh9UZfIvmU

Everyone seemed to forget that there were photos over a year ago of codemasters recording sounds from this car!

Yeah, I found out that the detail in Paul's post was of a Focus thanks to the "EZ" of PEREZ and these photos from September 25th 2014:

Job3k said:
There we can see some great cars that we have already in game and some that might me added later such as Focus 06,206,Xsara,Celica[*],Lancer Evo IV,Fabia . I want some of them baaadly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOh9UZfIvmU
 I championed the Quattro Evo 2 right at the start since it's probably the most iconic representation of Group B, was in the original CMR, hasn't been in a Codies came since 2005 and is a better fit to be up against the RS200, 205 Evo 2 and Delta S4.
All but certain its not going to happen though.

I really hope to see some R5's, especially 208 R5 (best looking car atm imo) and also R5 Maxi Turbo 2 from 1985. Amazing machines.

We did get a tease that involved Grönholms Focus and Mäkinens Lancer a while back. 

BrySkye said:
I championed the Quattro Evo 2 right at the start since it's probably the most iconic representation of Group B, was in the original CMR, hasn't been in a Codies came since 2005 and is a better fit to be up against the RS200, 205 Evo 2 and Delta S4.
I also want that Quattro S1 E2 so BAD in the Group B. That Pug needs to have some serious competition after all, no better car to do it than the almighty Quattro in it's prime :D
Codemasters, please, pwetty pwease. I'll give my kidney or even both of them if it helps :D

Nice video, thanks, lots of DR cars in the first couple of minutes.

I find it funny when i saw the RS500 Sierra slightly mess up the slide, thinking, "yup, yeah that's exactly what the V2 physics do in game" :(